The future of racing

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Offbeat, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Do you think cars are going to get faster and faster?

Or do you think that 16's will be still a quick car, and breaking into the 14s and 13s earns you the right to be one of the fastest around?

Moreso, getting 12 and 11s makes you unfuckwitable...

I see cars pushing 200+ horses is now not too uncommon, and the car enthusiast who loves his little Eclipse can get pushed around by some asshole driving his momma's 200 HP Intrepid.
    test
  2. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

16's quike???????

my grand prix could run highe 15's before my bottom end died on me......and that by no meens was quike too me.....

and a good drag car regardless of its weighte should be pushing atleast 250hp (in my eyes atlleast)

and no car with a complely stock engine (air intakes dont cout) is a race car its just a streat car thats being abused
    test
  3. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

my friend's eclipse can do low 16's, and i think it's pretty quick

and the v6 camaro is probably more in the high 16 low 17 range, and thats a pony car
    test
  4. De'yon

well maybe I'm just a speed junkie.........

my bro has a gps radar detector that gives spead, 0-60, and 1/4 times I used that.......

the only 3 cars Ive driven that I concidered quike enoughe to not mod em are......my pops 87 mercedes 420 sedan (we ran it 150 on the higheway and it still had some balls left...

92 mercede v12 S600.......what more can I say....

my pops 87 front drive fleet wood (he swaped the ht4100 for a 4.9 with ported/polished heads, and used a chiped computer for it.......I tried to do a 0-60 time in it and just spun the tires for all the way threw second gear....and that was with a head set of 100 spoke wires.....but now its got a set of boss 14" alloys..
    test
  5. trifle

trifle New Member

16 != quick, to me at least

v6 camaro != pony car
    test
  6. trifle

trifle New Member

to answer the question, up until a point, they will continue, but not at current rates....don't expect 30-60 hp increases each time the style changes...
    test
  7. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

16 = quick?

wow...

Im not as slow as i thought then. I always joked about how slow my 15's are.
    test
  8. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Well, think about it this way. My boy's Eclipse is a low 16. Yet he can go around saying he's a racer and no one will give him shit. By all means he's not untouchable but he can be a racer without getting flack.
    test
  9. .:FiorZ:.

.:FiorZ:. New Member

yh...............cars will jus get faster....
    racin' will b a lot more popular in tha future i think...............
    theres new shit cummin out all tha time and every1 wants a phat car
    test
  10. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

ya boys eclipse would get raped around here
    test
  11. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Your car is not really quick until it runs low 14s... until then don't say a car is quick. 15's is expected....and high 14's are being held by most cars 20gs and above now. Sooo low 13's to mid 12's, I consider fast.....12's and under is in a league of their own..if street legal.

And v6 camaro's are never considered anything but a joke if talking about peformance. You buy v6 mustangs and camaros for one reason. A car to drive from point A to B. Even then, I still couldn't buy a v6 maro or mustang.
    test
  12. Tigre

Cause your area is a joke when it comes to performance then. Cause If some kid said some shit like that in a SI civic or GS eclipse, we would slap the fucking shit out of him.

Low 16's is what 98 civic SI's stock run.. how sad is that shit. Jesus, hit the fucking kid so he can get a clue.
    test
  13. trifle

trifle New Member

I had a reply very similar to this in mind.....

I'm guessing you come from a small rural area like I did? I still never thought that the cars were quick but...yeah...
    test
  14. De'yon

I agree 100%

but on the w-body.com board they posted a camaro with a 3.4 dohc pulling 360 somthing at wheels on a dyno with custom custom pistons ported heads and a turbo.........

so......for a little over the price of a v8 camaro could cop a v6 the piston and turbo and have your heads machine......then you could out run the v8' but with less front end weghte
    test
  15. Tigre

Yeah but you still need a custom manifolds, upgrade the tranny...like a LSD to handle the new power, brakes... So that will put you over the Price of a GT especially after installations charges. If done by yourself, even then the parts alone should put you in the price range of a Mach 1...and a Mach already runs mid to low 13s. Either way get the v8 and modify that. More potential to be had with that v8 engine.
    test
  16. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Most people don't have 20g's to spend on a car.

Around my area, CT, alot of people buy Preludes, 'Tegs, etc - and those are the "faster" (faster than MOST of the racers) and soup them up. The most popular is the old old Prelude and Civics of all sorts.

When you factor that in, 16's aren't bad.

My friend bought a Civic for 10gs, spend mad loot on it (Intake, Computer chip, Port and Polish, Short shifter, Custom Exhaust) and the car does 19s... C'mon... But the again, this is CT. I know Florida, Texas, and California have most of the Supras and shit so I'm assuming shit is better there - but my car as is does high 14's and people WILL NOT race me.

The fastest street racer in CT has a GTI with supposedly 330+ HP as of this summer. My barber has a 14 flat Civic hatch with a turbo on it. Some guy had an older Supra and nobody could beat him (then again, I never raced him :) ) so I think northeast competition is different, because we have shitty weather. If you push 170 HP in CT you're going to be one of the faster racers...
    test
  17. Tigre

LOL..i think i know who you are talking about with the GTI... he has about 300hp though...but yeah low 13 high 12 second car.

ANd I agree, but still 20g's for a car is not alot. I mean if you make 9 dollars an hour and get paid for 30hrs.. then you could afford a 20g car.

And if that idiot spent 10gs on that civic and can't do shit with it...maybe he should buy a driver as well.

Also, maybe in your area I can see 15s being quick and shit...but overall, 15's are not quick. I mean simply base them on the cars that are out. 15's is what cars run. I can sit here and count of sooo many cars that can run 15's. The problem is that probably ppl in your area can't drag race. That is what is wrong...no driving ability around your area.
    test
  18. elessar

elessar adapted

9 dollars an hour and afford 20g's only if you live in it, lol, or with your parents, us poor fathers making more than that can't even afford a 20g car, lol
    test
  19. Tigre

Well shit most the ppl on this board live with their parents. Only like a handful that don't. Soo yeah with only having to pay for a car what I said makes sense...but otherwise if you are on your own, and only make 15gs a year, better stick to a beater cause you ass has no business buying a new car. Matter fact, bus pass and huffy comes to mind as good transportation.
    test
  20. elessar

elessar adapted

lol, huffy are reputable, lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.