The "forced" multi theory

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Dirt, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarshZ

HarshZ no time for this bullshit

thread shoulda been closed after this post lol

well said.
    test
  2. JohnnyOnTheSpot

JohnnyOnTheSpot New Member

intercom in a generator tbh
    test
  3. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

dirt nobody is saying you forced multi's so whats the uproar about??... thesaurus etc has forced multi's out the ass... when you do a scheme just to have multi's even though the shit dont make sense or flow together its forced
    test
  4. Dirt

Dirt will stab you in public

I know...

I just hear the term all the time and think its over used...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. exothermic

illmac- "ima tiger with wings" or whatever he said.. btw listening to madillz about what you need to work on is stupid, he is the definition of forced multi back in jumpoff days
    test
  6. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

Im SO GLAD im not as much of a battle nerd as some people on here. Why get so irritated over it? I only pay attention to who the better emcee is during a battle lol. I mean... that is all that matters right?
    test
  7. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

"You look like a 3d version" is the definition of a forced multie.
    test
  8. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Having good rhyme schemes if part of being a better emcee.
    test
  9. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

I mentioned something about this in your last battle in reference to the "al pacino pal's burrito" and to clarify we don't need to call it forced multis, when in fact its just a horrible rhyme, it doesn't make any sense. Someone doesn't look different from having taken a bite of a burrito, and who the fuck says pal in that context?

if people prefer that we point out the blunt truth some of the rhymes you and others use in battles are really bad (others more than you, as I said I've only noticed it a few times with you) the root of it is that the words were only linked together to rhyme.

I can write 13 syllable schemes that make sense and I don't even battle, its just about todays standard of having good rhyme schemes that aren't worded awkardly to fit the lines.

I only ever mentioned it and still mention it as constructive criticism because I feel Dirt has crazy potential and if he tightened that shit up a bit he would be top teir, but that stuff bugs me as a writer.
    test
  10. exothermic

rhyme scheme isnt a big determinant of whos the better battler, kinda whats wrong with the new battling fans... if you have schemes but no content your basically a apartment complex under construction
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Forced multis is a very inaccurate term anyways, always has been.

Rhyming 13 syllables no matter how much sense it makes is forced

Rhyming in general is very very hard to do in an unforced way anyways

There are rhymes that sound pleasant to some people and awkward to others. It just so happens most of us find High Collide's multis to be choppy and obnoxious, and we find Ness Lee's multis to be rhythmic and creative.

It depends on who's saying it and who's listening. For me personally a scheme that longer than 6 syllables rhymed is more than likely going to sound obnoxious and corny to me, no matter how much sense it makes. It's just not my preference.

It's different for everyone, I personally find set-ups like "I'm slapping the freakin lamest hoe" to be just as awful as "monsters name that's logan". Some people find that acceptable though.
    test
  12. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

thats my whole point, dipshit

not my whole point, cuz my whole point was much better, you NEED schemes AND CONTENT to be a good battler the fuck is so hard to grasp about that?
    test
  13. fightdirty

fightdirty New Member

I really hate forced multis a la "I`m very certain guy, that when you were young you got circumcised"..
    test
  14. dwelz

dwelz ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

So is speaking the English language correctly.... along with a ton of other things. Youtube AD vs Nardo. One of my favorite battles ever and AD didn't say shit really. Crowd control prevailed.
    test
  15. MCPamflit

MCPamflit New Member

I just did 5 battles in 28 days Dirt, against some decent opponents n'all a couple of them were, long waiting for footage tho eh, putting in work bruvva

You aren't forcing multis, but its annoying to see some people still doing it, its essentially throwing any word that rhymes into a sentence purely cause it makes it rhyme, not put in to make it make sense or to further the story

Basically if you said you were gonna stab me with a few fine forks, I'd let the machete clap
    test
  16. MCPamflit

MCPamflit New Member

I don't mind in a freestyle cypher/battle, when someone wants to set up a punch and its like, they say a random thing that barely makes sense so they can drop a punch, although theres less skill than making the set up relevant, and this will always be the best option

I actually find some peoples dodgy freestyle set ups more funny than the punch if you listen to what theyre saying
    test
  17. marcus1

marcus1 New Member

"mclovins thick cousin got stuffed in a brick oven"
    test
  18. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

its not a theory its a fact and you have a bunch of forced/bad shit but you also have some incredible shit and some really sick concepts. but you rely on the same scheme to carry you throughout which eats at your overall performance cause it hinders your ability to cover as many ideas. it sticks you into a limited area of angles because you're confined to the same rhyme scheme.

to put it more clearly: if you wrote down 6 concepts to cover in a single verse and then executed those throughout 16 bars, it would sound better than your current shit which is write a bar and then think of every multi that fits in that particular scheme and try and put it into a battle verse.

you're absolutely one of the better writers in a long time though and you could easily run thru some actually good opponents. you have a great voice/delivery too. could absolutely use some funny shit in there but thats just my personal preference, the mean style works for you as well.

if you toned down the overkill of some of your multis + battled a more well known opponent with more ammo i think you'd be way, way better.

that "eyes so close to his ears he gets sight and sound confused" is a prime example of an amazing concept that works stand alone. absolutely hilarious too. more of those standalone concepts back to back is better than following it with something generic and pointless like "i will buy a round of booze and strike this guy with the type of counter moves mighty mouse would use" or whatever.

concepts also come off better without tons of back to back multis sucking the naturalness out of the bar.
    test
  19. EmceeGoddess

lmao

ill rip this dyke queer right here and prolly rock it
    the result of buzz lightyear, havin 5 beers, and havin sex wit polly pocket!
    test
  20. EmceeGoddess

also bux sayin "ill have dirt pissin himself until his name is mud" = goat
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.