THE fool says in his heart there is No God

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Wow. Ur lost bub.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

amazing retort
    test
  3. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Its your book (books, couple different translations, but still the same source material).

I mean if you can pick and choose what tenets to follow then whats the point?

Need a couple more?

God Makes Wicked People

The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day. (Proverbs 16:4 NAB)

Mixed children lead to ruin and deserve to be beaten

About the same time I realized that some of the men of Judah had married women from Ashdod, Ammon, and Moab. Even worse, half their children spoke in the language of Ashdod or some other people and could not speak the language of Judah at all. So I confronted them and called down curses on them. I beat some of them and pulled out their hair. I made them swear before God that they would not let their children intermarry with the pagan people of the land. "Wasn't this exactly what led King Solomon of Israel into sin?" I demanded. "There was no king from any nation who could compare to him, and God loved him and made him king over all Israel. But even he was led into sin by his foreign wives. How could you even think of committing this sinful deed and acting unfaithfully toward God by marrying foreign women? (Nehemiah 13:23-27 NLT)

God Admits He Did Evil Things

[The prophet Jeremiah speaking] "Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to offer your prayer: If you remain quietly in this land I will build you up, and not tear you down; I will plant you, not uproot you; for I regret the evil I have done you." (Jeremiah 42:9-10 NAB)

Make fun of Bald Men, Deserve to be mauled by Bears

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces." (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

notice every quote is from a diff annotaited translation. Funny guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. Fatty Goodness

how do these passages go in your favorite translation?
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

If u wanna prove a point do it threw the niv kjv or applified.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

An dont quote me old customs from the old testiment
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Fatty Goodness

Fine, I'll quote Ricky Gervais
    test
  9. Fatty Goodness

test
  10. TheBigPayback

Proverbs 14:4 the lord works everything out for thr good of his own ends. Even the wicked is used for the good of his saints nehemiah 13:23 in those days i saw men of judah who married woman from ashdod ammon and moab. Half thei children spoke the language of ashdod or of the othe peoples, but did not know how to speak in judah. I rebuked them and called curses down on them. I beat some of them and I(root word) made themn take an oath in Gods name that you are not to take their daughters in marriage. : moral obey you parents. Smh. God had nada to do with it (jerimiaha) i dont see whats wrong witht that quote(2 kings) again the kids were getting beat up and picked on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Fuck Woman's Rights
    (no it just says that a man and a woman should BOTH know their places
    Husbands were to love their wives tenderly, not treat them as slaves)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
    text in full context:

Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church, the body of which he is the Savior. Just as the church is subject to Christ, so also wives ought to be, in everything, to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, in order to make her holy by cleansing her with the washing of water by the word, so as to present the church to himself in splendor, without a spot or wrinkle or anything of the kind--yes, so that she may be holy and without blemish. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as they do their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hates his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, just as Christ does for the church, because we are members of his body. (NRSV, Ephesians 5:21-30)

Die Gay people

(even when we believe the scriptures are with out error, it's a risk to think our understanding is with out error
    We all need to look more closely at that mysterious Greek word arsenokoitai in its original context. I find most convincing the argument from history that Paul is condemning the married men who hired hairless young boys (malakois) for sexual pleasure just as they hired smooth-skinned young girls for that purpose.)

"And the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity." (Romans 1:27)

this is what jesus really said:Matthew 19:11-12

Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Typically a eunuch is defined as a castrated male. This is incorrect. Castration means to remove the testicles (that were already there) or emasculate. If all eunuchs were castrated males then why would Jesus say that "some were born that way?" A eunuch is a man who has no desire or ability to have sexual relations with a woman. These men were commonly used to protect the harems. Since the Word of God is for everyone we can apply the spiritual concept found in Galatians 3:28 where the Apostle Paul says: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Therefore, a eunuch can be male or female in this passage.

Jesus addressed three types of eunuchs.

1. Those born that way. (who are born gay.)

2. Those made that way by men. (Those castrated or those sexually abused people who choose to be gay as a result of this abuse rather than because it is their natural sexual affinity.)

3. Those who elect not to have a sexual relationship for the sake of the kingdom. (For example a priest or nun. This group makes the decision on their own.)

So here, our Lord Jesus states that not everyone will marry according to the custom as in male and female. He also said that not everyone can accept this. He says that those that can accept it should accept it. Can you accept what Jesus said? I can.
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

Be a good slave even to douche bags'

that's jewish belief, that law was re-written, scholars have concluded that the proper translation and meaning behind the above text is infact of sane conduct. at the time people pursued slavery as a career option, We should note that the apostles never go around trying to alter the culture of the society by campaigning against slavery and preaching against the social evils that sees men and women under the dominance and direction of men to the point where they're considered to be part of the person's property. Rather, they demonstrate and teach both slaves and masters what their correct manner of conduct should be towards one another in the cultural framework in which they find themselves.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (Peter 2:18)

Slavemasters killing swiftly bad, but slow prolonged death good

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Dont see a doctor see a priest
    actually What the Bible says about doctors and medicine
    The Bible is the basis for a Christian’s faith. We should seek the basis of our answers there.

Since the Bible is the basis for a true Christian’s faith, we should seek the basis of our answers there. When we look into the Bible, we find this: God has nowhere in his Word commanded Christians to avoid doctors or checkups, nor to refuse medicines, blood transfusions, inoculations or surgery.

Certain verses that are misunderstood as dictating against medical aid will be reviewed shortly. But many other scriptures either show God’s neutrality toward medicine, or even lean toward the use of medicines as appropriate.

Genesis 17:10-14, for example, commands the procedure of circumcision to Abraham. God ordained this minor surgery, so there is obviously nothing sacrosanct about human skin; cutting into the flesh for medically related purposes is not inherently defiling.

Physicians are called Joseph’s "servants" in Genesis 50:2. And the word for physicians here is the same word used for God as healer in Exodus 15:26.

Proverbs 17:22 states, "A merry heart does good like a medicine." This verse does not cast medicines in a negative light. To the contrary, the metaphor is a positive one.

In Isaiah 38:21 we find the prophet Isaiah (upon God’s directive) prescribing a poultice for Hezekiah’s boil. While the healing may have been supernatural, with the poultice only symbolic, clearly such a self-help procedure was not considered wrong. If the healing was not supernatural but the result of the poultice, then we find God prescribing a helpful medicinal technique that worked! If the healing was supernatural, here is strong proof that one may be healed by God even though he or she uses a self-help procedure as well!

In Jeremiah 8:22 the statement about Gilead approves of physicians, albeit metaphorically. Jeremiah 30:13 equates the lack of medicine with a consequent lack of healing, and Jeremiah 51:8 says medicine is the way for Babylon to be healed. Although these examples are metaphors, they imply that medicines are useful. One can hardly conclude that God is against physicians or medicines by such neutral or positive usage.
    Luke was a physician. The Bible nowhere states that he stopped using all his skills after his conversion.

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him. (James 5:14-15 ASV)

Guilt is Inherited

"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and possess the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

that is old testament scripture. the bible tells us, JESUS is precious because he removes our guilt.

funny how you take that passage out of context

Kill followers of other Religions
    it even says in the old testament
    Isaiah 2:4 (New International Version, ©2010)

4 He will judge between the nations
    and will settle disputes for many peoples.
    They will beat their swords into plowshares
    and their spears into pruning hooks.
    Nation will not take up sword against nation,
    nor will they train for war anymore.

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Apparently didnt mind Polygamy and in fact commanded adultery be committed. As well as being pro baby killing.

"Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives (plural) while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'"
    Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." (The child dies seven days later.) 2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB

jesus died so we don't have to die.

god created his law, it doesnt say that god has to follow his law.

... But God is Love right...
    test
  13. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

You're kind of picking your own meaning there.

What does subordinate mean to you?

1. Belonging to a lower or inferior class or rank; secondary.
    2. Subject to the authority or control of another.

Eunuch?

1. A castrated man employed as a harem attendant or as a functionary in certain Asian courts.
    2. A man or boy whose testes are nonfunctioning or have been removed.
    3. Informal An ineffectual, powerless, or unmasculine man.

I guess the 3rd one could be construed as a gay man but barely. Again reaching.

Apostles never preached against slavery. Okay. How is this good. And how can the kill him instantly is bad, but slow and painful good, be looked at in a positive light?

And whats with the Jesus died so we dont have to?

How many 2000 year old people do you know??
    test
  14. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I stopped attempting any and all real argument after about 24 hours in here. I can only truly debate unrestrained stupidity for about a day before I lose my patience.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Slavery was a way of paying off debt
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

And that makes it ok?
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

Slavery is okay in the same sense of employee employer relations are okay.

the apostles didn't want to teach rebellion.. that's why the encouraged slaves to remain obedient.

jesus died so we don't have to, i am saying now follow me closely, through jesus' blood we are redeemed. he offers us everlasting life. once born a sinner i died to my old way and have been reborn in the eyes of god, therefor making mea child of god, he grants me everlasting life. we may die in the physical but we will live forever in the spiritual with god. i don't know anyone older then 100 years old what is ur -point?
    test
  18. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

facepalm.

Just

facepalm.
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

John 11:25: I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live

@ snowy
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.