The Fitness Diaries

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by J o o k, Jan 13, 2014.

1. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

This is where people in the fitness competition can update their pages weekly or more frequently than that if they'd like. It's not about logs and workouts, it's more about on-going trials and tribulations and of course if workouts come up then so be it :eek:.

It will be interesting to read some of the struggles and progressions that participants go though.

Read it all here.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 5
    test
  2. J o o k

Diary of a Beautiful Monster
    by J o o k

Week 1

The gym is packed. All the people with resolutions to get fit are sitting on the weights, texting, talking and/or throwing around weights like buffoons because they don’t know any better. It’s only one person in this gym that I give a single fuck about and he’s staring me right in the eyes. Those cold green eyes and stone look, he’s criticizing me – I can feel it. Shoulders not big enough, are your arms smaller than last week, why are your abs lacking? These are questions that he is posing to me with his eyes. He is I. I am him. With each set he asks the question, could you have done more? He is the monster within me, but without him I’d be meek, weak, average. Week 1 has been a testament of my fate and preparation.

Don’t these other competitors know that for the next 20 weeks, I won’t miss a single workout, I won’t have a cheat meal and when they think they are going hard, I will be going ten times harder? JustPolished is the best looking participant body wise and I have not a single doubt, that when these 20 weeks expire, his body will be nothing more than a swimsuit edition compared to mine. I will prevail.

I am not popping bottles in the club and I am not eating like I live on a cruise ship. For the next 20 weeks I will live in the darkness and depths of the gym.

Every time they stop a rep short, don’t go hard as they could have or cheat themselves, they will be reminded of it at the end of this competition, because I will be everything they are not, the beauty and the beast. The gym is my castle, where I am surrounded by the cold hard steel of plates that talk to me, I will arise out of the darkness a beautiful monster.

[​IMG]

Week 2

I’d like to start this week’s journal entry off with one of my favorite quotes of all time, it’s by Will Smith:

The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is I'm not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be out-worked, period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, you might be all of those things and get me in nine categories. But if we get on the treadmill together, there are two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. You're not going to out-work me. It's such a simple, basic concept.

As week two comes to a halt, the words above sum up my feelings of this contest. We are well into week three and I am still seeing fried food in peoples diets. This will be easy I think to myself. I see people like @80-D and @JustPolished receiving praise for their physiques. That’s cool, receive all the praise you can now, because when the time expires on this competition, all praises will go to the beautiful monster. You see those guys are nice and cut and weigh 160 – 170 pounds, but I weigh close to 230. That’s 60 more pounds of hard work and grind, 60 more pounds of raw muscle and strength. I don’t have any competition here, the only competition is the motherfucker that keeps hitting the snooze button when he should be down on the floor knocking out sit-ups. Me, I am my only competition. I am the only motherfucker in this world that is able to keep me from winning this competition. It takes guts, it takes a lot of strength and it takes a lot more will. Some of the women I date get upset because I won’t eat out with them. Tough shit. I am on my way to crafting the best body I have ever achieved. I will not be defeated by the local steakhouses premier dish of the night. Or the sweet vagina that comes along with it. It’s only me, myself and I. 18 more weeks of pain, vain and misery. But I will shine.
    21.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  3. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Righteous Warrior
    Divine Beauty
    Serene Health

ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ

Noodles's Fitness Diary

Week 0: (Jan 1-7)
    Getting Started
    I got a jump on the 3rd RM Fitness Contest by beginning my new diet and fitness regimen the day I sent in my "Before" pictures. For the first time in my life, I am combining traditional barbell Weightlifting with Yoga and Boxing. Every day I live and breathe, one or two of those activities are going down. Inability to get to the gym is not an excuse, as Yoga can be done anywhere you have a mat and view of a YouTube screen.

You Are What You Eat
    Marrying this high output and well balanced physical activity, is my new and improved diet. When you use the word "diet", people often think of a temporary trend. For me, a diet is a lifestyle. It has to be complete enough that you can live off of it for the entire year. As I have no weightloss or weightgain goals, my diet is designed to maximize my health. For the average American, it's pretty extreme.

For the last 3.5 years I have been gluten-free, and now I'm adding dairy-free on top of it. More and more research is suggesting that human beings should not be sucking cow tits for nutrients. Around 1% of people are Gluten-Free by nature. Around 35% of people are Lactose-intolerant by nature. More than 75% of people have a decreased Lactase activity in their bodies. In fact, if you are black, native american, jewish, or mexican, you are probably lactose-intolerant (75%). If you are Asian, you almost certainly are (90%). So, it's time to start eating something I can digest comfortably.

Organic/Non-GMO preferred on my diet. I'm going to slow down my red meat intake, but I'm no vegetarian or vegan. I intend to continue eating chicken, eggs, and fish. Tons of fruits and veggies are key. Nuts are absolutely vital. I no longer count calories or macros, but I do continue to supplement my diet with Whey and Casein proteins, for now. Next week, I will begin weening off of these dairy-based sources.

How I Feel
    My cardio is still horrible after the Holiday binge eating, and I'm not half the athlete I was in the last contest. I am, however, more flexible than ever. My focus is sharper and my breath control is improving. I thank boxing/Yoga for the results so far.

So far, so good:
    (Week 1 here is to be interpreted as Week 0's results)
    [​IMG]

Week 1: (Jan 8-14)Fitness
    My physicality has not changed since the immediately apparent results of Week 0, yet, but I am more flexible than last week, and surprised at the rate that that is improving. Yoga is definitely a "secret weapon". In particular, I have been doing "Hot Yoga" 3 times per week. I thought it meant that there would be tons of sexy ladies doing Yoga, and there are, but it also means that the Yoga studio is set to 100 degrees!!! It's brutal.

My final workout of the week was boxing/lifting, and this time I went 4 straight rounds of 3 minutes, high intensity boxing, up an entire 3min round from the last workout. 5 rounds next time, for sure. 6 after that... I expect my cardio to be ready for a 12 round fight for my life before the end of this contest.

You Are What You Eat - Part 2
    During Week 0 my guts were experiencing all sorts of discomfort. No doubt, the dramatic change in my diet had an effect on my bodily functions. My poop was disgusting looking and my stomach was grumbling daily. I stuck with it, through the shock and stress my stomach was going through, and it paid off dividends. At the beginning of Week 1, my poop began magically transforming into works of art.

Removing dairy and increasing vegetables, nuts, and fruits has turned fecal matter into some serious shit. After the final task, removing Whey and Casein (the final dairy fragments in my diet), these solid formations now resemble Michelangelo's granite masterpieces. It is only fitting that the future human incarnate of the Statue David is creating miniature odes to himself.

Vitamin Shoppe is CURRENTLY having a sale (New Year Sale through Jan 27), and I encourage you all to stop in. Here's what I picked up, today.

[​IMG]

I scored two 2lb containers of CARNIVOR (BEEF Protein Isolate) by MuscleMeds.

"Why CARNIVOR Beef Protein, Noodles? Aren't you a hippie? Shouldn't you be a vegan?"

Reason 1: It is an isolated beef protein, which removes all of the negative aspects of eating red meat (cholesterol, fat, etc), and only gives you pure, unadulterated, manly proteins. It is more highly concentrated in Amino Acids than any other protein source, and delivers to your body at the same speed as Whey (the fastest protein delivery system).
    Reason 2: The psychological advantage of using the same products as the legendary Kai Greene.

[​IMG]
    (Most Dry Quads Ever?)

I also copped Yerba Mate, which is a tea that gets you a sweet lil legal high. It's very light, but tingly sensations all around, and good organic energy with tons of antioxidants. For fans of coffee and tea, but choc' full of aphrodisiac-like qualities. Finally, some KIND bars and a vegan, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, organic RAW Protein supplement with coffee, for mornings.

How I Feel
    Well, I don't exactly feel like Kai Greene, yet... but I've got the long hair, the questionable sexuality, and the philosophical outlook on life, so I'll keep working at it.

Week 2happy! healthy?[​IMG] I've been without my precious synthetic thyroid hormones for an entire week. I'm more lethargic than ever, struggling to wake up, and my body is much closer to "manual" than "automatic". I regulate my own metabolism and performance-related energy by working out after meals at precise times. I regulate my sleep-related energy with yerba mate, coffee, green tea, fruits, and clean foods; complex carbs, omega-3 fats, and proteins. I'm anxious to receive my thyroid medication in the mail from India, where I regularly order it because I do not have health insurance to pay for doctor's visit's every three months. I self-regulate my T3 levels and have done so for many years, getting blood tests to make sure everything is ok, once per year if I'm feeling funky. Foolishly, I did not place my order in time to receive my new shipment when my last supply ran out. It's not slowing me down, but making progress more challenging.

The way I see it, is if I'm this motivated with a physical and psychological crutch so severe as a complete hormonal absence, I will be absolutely unstoppable when that is soon fixed. Mind vs. Matter, and my mind always wins. Focused and Ferocious. The Warrior Spirit is within and behind every playful smile is the camouflaged anger I keep under complete control, harnessed and ready to be exploited at moments notice to defeat my enemies in the name of righteousness. Even the cartoons I watched as a kid aid me in the present day. I have always followed this path. I am now ready to charge down at full speed where I have only been walking. Samurai Jack and Goku wouldn't quit. How could I be any different? The fantasy of superheros is the reality of my own existence. I do not seek greatness, for I am already the legend.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 5
    test
  4. Deep Abyss

Deep Abyss Becoming King

Becoming King
    Deep Abyss

Week 1

No workouts. Still sore coming off post hernia surgery.

Increased calorie uptake by about 750 calories. No specific diet.

Only supplement taken is a multivitamin.

Week 2
    Soreness and pain from surgery = gone

Starting off every morning with 40 minute yoga session

Every other day I hop on the stationary bike and bike a extremely slow pace to avoid any tears since I'm still not 100% healed

Added Supplements: Fish Oil & BCAA supplement

This next week I'm going to slowly ease in some calisthenics

Goal:
    Monday: 25 each of pushups, chin ups, sit ups, body weight squats
    and progress to
    Sunday: 100 each of pushups, chin ups, situps, bodyweight squats

~You All Aren't Worthy~
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 6
    test
  5. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Diary of a Gladiator
    Sin Skywalker

Week One.
    I put in WORK at the gym. That's never been an issue. I've always pushed my body far. Every once in a great while I might half ass a workout. Lately those half ass workouts have been non
    existent. The intensity of my work-outs have increased. I always want one more set. One more rep. A little more weight. I'm never satisfied with what I'm doing. But I've come across a whole different challenge. Thanks to the advice of @J o o k , an RM comrade that I also see incredible drive and determination in, I've finally started paying attention to the science. I was lacking in my protein intake for the type of weight I was hitting and most definitely stunting my muscle development. I say to him "185 grams should be good since I'm about 185 right?" "No." He replies. "200." I've probably been eating 115-140 grams of protein a day AT MOST now that I've started counting. This was a whole new challenge. How can I eat all that food? It has proven to be almost as much work finding the time and appetite to eat that much as the work-outs themselves. But I hit 200 proteins for 4 out of the 5 days I've been counting. The first day was the hardest. I felt I was forcing my last meals of the evening down. I hit 223, 202, 200, 151, and 200 G's of protein respectively. And on Monday I hit a PR on the bench, pressing 325 lbs of weight off my chest with clean form. I had previously missed 320 lbs. the week before and I was focused...I was DETERMINED to become stronger. This week has been a weight lifting marathon. A Gladiator school. And this is just the beginning. I don't know if I'll win the competition. I can't predict the future. But when it's all over I know I'll be the best and strongest version of myself I've ever been. I've also found another reward from this fitness lifestyle I try and live. Inspiring others. I find others asking me for help in the gym, asking tips on what to eat, what to do for this or what to do for that. I've got a couple new workout buddies in real life who want to change THEIR lives and become healthier and better versions of themselves. THAT is one of the greatest rewards somebody can receive. The gift of inspiring and helping others.

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 7
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Bruce Banner Presents "The Struggles of a Hulk"
    [​IMG]

By Shadow
    Week 1

I started off the week feeling optimistic about my chances of winning something in this competition. My main goal is to gain about 30lbs and keep my body cut while building more muscle in my chest and arms. After seeing the competitors, I lost a little bit of confidence. I felt like Bruce Banner competing against Greek gods but still, I decided to put my blinders on and I started my workout. This week I spent most of the time eating. I’ve been eating 1500-2000 calories over what I normally eat and I find myself getting hungry more often and at the weirdest times, waking up in the middle of the night starving. I force myself to finish meals even if I just lose interest in eating, which I have found to be more of a struggle then I thought it would be. I’ve gained 10lbs since I’ve started the competition and I feel great about that but as I start this week’s workout, I have a hard time getting motivated. I don’t have anyone pushing me to do anything so everything is on me. I’m feeling tired, weak and lazy but I’m trying to keep positive!

*Under Construction*​
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  7. J o o k

Open to the public.
    test
  8. Noodles

week 0 posted. week 1 later tonight.
    test
  9. J o o k

Sweet, good read.

Now that I think about it we should have given you three pages because there is a 10k character limit and I know you're going to kill that.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Noodles

damn... I'm gonna knock that out of the park.
    can individuals get increased privileges?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. J o o k

Nah but it would make things so much easier.
    test
  12. J o o k

Great read man. It makes me so happy to read shit like this. Thank you for this bro, I hope it inspires others.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. J o o k

Dope shit and awesome title haha.

The only piece of advice I can give is to try to get clean calories (protein) from the extra food you're eating. Stay away from eating too dirty.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  14. Sin Skywalker

Some good reads here, fellas. I know our roads will be full of ups and downs but let's stay focused, gentlemen.
    test
  15. J o o k

I'm pretty excited about this. You already made great progress and this time I know you're going to kill it. I'm excited to see what the yoga does for you. Maybe sometime throughout the comp you can update an entry with a rare pose. That would be sick haha.

Nonetheless, you are taking your diet to another level and incorporating restrictions that less that one percent of the human population follows.

That's amazing bro.

Best of luck!
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  16. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

just busted out a few sets of push ups and curls with my weight bar. gonna cop a gym membership when i get paid next friday.

my ex who makes @J o o k type money left a F'd up message on my voice mail

i'ma look like floyd with a fro next time i see her and just be like, "fuck u bitch."

:floydsnrfunny:
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  17. J o o k

That's motivation though. Every time you want to skip a set just think about her lol.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Sin Skywalker

Fuel my RM brother. Fuel. Use that.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  19. Noodles

Lol, that's a great idea. I've almost got "Crow" down pat. Maybe I'll set up the tripod and get a video of a long Crow-hold for Week 3... Thanks for the response! Definitely motivated. I'm loving the diaries, especially since there are so many different styles between those of us who are writing them. Really could be a great source for future RM members and Fitness Contests if archived properly.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Survivor ~ the diary of Galatea

January, at least for me, is the month of statistics, reports, analysis and debates related to the previous year. The idea of trying; if we already weren't capable of learning from others, at least learn from our own mistakes, learn something; isn't a wrong one.

Even decisions in the sense of what we're going to work on and change this year are in place, they seem fresh and filled with hope, if not with results, it's a start. In contrast with stupid resolutions of course, in the sense that we'll stop smoking, only to switch back to soft drinks from alcohol and drugs this year. As well as those pesky promises in the sense that we'll seriously lose weight, visit the mother-in-law every other Sunday, beat children a lot less, etc. But damn it, those who actually want something like this, they certainly don't need a new year. Just to think, that they need a "new year" to get them motivated, it shows that they don't seriously mean it.

How inertia actually fuels everything together, it's open to discussion, however it'd be wrong to think that it's got its fingers only in physical matters. Do you happen to remember how swell it was at the beginning of the school year getting excellent grades and rest on laurels, sailing on them for the entire school year? In the first few weeks the weaker students are separated from the rest and make their handicapped toil all year to come. Like trying to compete on the ski hill, without any momentum. It's difficult to get a second chance to change first impression.

Of course I won't write about my business statistics and analysis, unless I'd be writing for a newspaper column called "Before sleep." I won't even write about sports statistics, since I would probably end friendless if I did. I may say without exaggeration that 2013 has earned a specific name, which I'll have to borrow from Mel Gibson, or one of his films, "Year of living dangerously". I've always believed and lived within the meaning of the slogan "life is life-threatening", but hand on heart, with all the things and activities that I amuse myself with today, I actually live a quite safe life. I don't mean compared to most, but in comparison with the life that I lived for example, between the ages of 18 and 21. Breakneck rides, which is why I'm probably more tolerant of young people who'll kill us on the road eventually, right passing/overtaking on lanes meant for bus stations, betting in the sense of never going less than 200 km/h on the highway, or the number of adrenaline rushes per liter of petrol consumed, etc. Midnight running from enraged, armed Chinese people in China Town (NY), lost in translation conflict in the Bahamas, irreversible damage in Thailand, and so much more...

Then I was convinced that we had a case of "bad luck", now I know that we were the ones asking for it. People, circumstances, fate. And survived. I remember when that I was 18 years old, saying if I make it to 25, I'll make it to see 100. Compared to those times, when there wasn't a week that I didn't need assistance of luck, I live now, what I refer to humorously as »pension life." Perhaps it feels even more so due to overwhelming health setbacks I'm currently battling and some I've been waging a war on for quite a few months.

However, 2013, was special. For me and for the people who have been surrounding me – extended RM fit fam included. Since I'm benched until mid March 2014, I'll have to get gym smarter this time round – lack of time will be motivation in itself. Getting back to clearing daily 25-50km minimum runs in full gear and 20kg weight to boot will ease me back into my comfort zone which will in turn prepare me for having to »relearn« weightlifting all together. Until then, I'm working out vicariously via all of you.
    :)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 5
    test