the first REAL picture of XBOX 360!!!

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by mc strydor, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

At least they think it is real, it looks better than all the other "concept" and hoax pictures...next post!
    test
  2. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

test
  3. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

test
  4. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

up no1 interested?
    test
  5. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

considering that there are no controller ports and that the concave design used for the case are a major no-no for electronics of that nature...its a fake...convincing...but fake
    test
  6. mc strydor

mc strydor Jeff > GOD

Actually, the controllers are wireless for xbox 360, try again
    test
  7. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

When is this supposed to come out in the U.S.?
    test
  8. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

ok...and the box is still a concave rectangle which is dumbass engineering that not even microsoft would do... :/ I dont think its real.
    test
  9. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

...... hmm. i wanna go to xbox.com and see it.
    test
  10. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

by the way...there are still RF ports needed for wireless controllers (which microsoft said they will have). Microsoft also said that the memory cards will plug into the controllers...so why are their memory slots on the box? Microsoft ALSO said they would have 4 controller slots physically on the box...this joint doesnt have any of that shit...its a fake.
    test
  11. Mr. ROUSH

test
  12. Mr. ROUSH

From IGN.com... the same picture of the "new xbox" is pictured next to this article on their site..

The Real Xbox 360?
    A new, su~~~~ious, and convincing image appears on the Net.
    by Douglass C. Perry
    April 22, 2005 - Late Friday afternoon, a purportedly leaked image of the new Xbox 360 appeared on the Net, giving gamers their first potentially real look at Microsoft's soon-to-be-announced next-generation console.

Multiple images have appeared on the Web in the last month, all with claims to be the next Xbox 360. The last included a wild-looking console box partially surrounded by a quarter-circle handle. That image was actually a sneaked photograph from a Microsoft office and the alleged console was held by Microsoft's Vice Corporate President J Allard. The image, while possibly real, looked more like a prototype than a final console. This new image looks intriguingly more like an actual final model for a number of reasons.

Microsoft normally doesn't comment on rumors or speculation, so while a few phone calls were placed, it was much too late in the day to reach a representative to comment on the image.

Real or fake?

Leaked onto a forum Friday, April 22, -- and not related to the Microsoft "ourcolony" viral campaign -- this image shows a Macintosh-esque, Tivo-like console with a silver metallic shell and luminiscent green outline. The general shape is that of a PC with soft edges, and subtle concave lines. It's also quite small. Much smaller, in fact, than the current, Cadillac-style Xbox. To get a feel for how small it is, the DVD-tray looks more than half the width of the entire console compared to the current console, containing a disc tray that's smaller relative to its larger width and depth.

The face shows two Memory Units A and B, plus a black I/O port, theoretically for the RF controllers. Instead of the multiple green swirls shown in previous Microsoft ads, a large green circle appears on the right-hand side. And a round-edged sliding disc tray appears above the memory units. And, in line with information spread to us from developers, the unit appears as if it could sit horizontally or vertically, like Sony's PS2 unit.

The leak is interesting for a couple of reasons. Normally fake images are produced in RGB, and they have been, so far, low-res images. This image is in high-resolution, plus it's formatted in CMYK, a printable format, suggesting it could have come from an asset disc. Additionally, the image corroborates the design ideas we've heard about, with the system looking more similar to a PC or a Tivo than a console system. Even more so, there are RF slots for wireless controllers, memory slots not contained on the controller, and the console lacks four controller ports, as we were told.

As with anything leaked on the Net, this image could also be a complete fake, and some sneaky online artist is drinking beer and laughing his ass off at all the speculation. Or it could be the real thing and Microsoft is again trying to find the informant.

We'll have more on Xbox 360 soon, whether it's speculation, fact, or purely artistic rendering.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

looks gay....
    test
  14. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

truth.

this is a concept model.
    test
  15. rhymes and h0ez

rhymes and h0ez Twist An "L" For Big L

I think it would be dope if the new age game systems got rid of the wired controllers.

I bought a wireless controllers and nothing is fuckin' better.

I've got a crazy maniac rottweiller who gets excited as fuck and comes rushing into ya room and with thew ired shit kicks the controller out of your hand, or my neice who loves to unhook the ports while I'm playin.

they should say FUCK those wired controllers and just step their game up.
    test
  16. Big Leak

Big Leak Get Rich or Get Richer

test
  17. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

the 2nd one and the titanium shit looks ill
    test
  18. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

Titanium looks dope.
    test
  19. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

dam u stole my thread...:( and to whoeever said its fake , microsoft officials in europe said " it will have concave design and a simple round nexus" ....and no i have not heard of thier being controller slots...that wud be pointless in this day in age since no other system has confirmed controller ports...everyone is going wireless buddy....

lol and that " titanium" looks like a dam dreamcast lol..and it stil has a flip up lid...thats old school....
    test
  20. Dizasta_HHW

Dizasta_HHW The Horror

We'll all wait and see. I hope it has 4 controller ports though, that would be a set back if they didn't
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.