the evidence for evolution

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by reggie_jax, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

ok.. well then you should know that monkeys and humans are already in the same class.
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

right but evolution is not some sort of all-encompassing philosophy that can explain every thing.. there are always going to be a million hypothetical 'what-ifs' that you could throw out there
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

that was a convo between job an God tho. An christians dont reinvent the bible. There are versions like aplified which is more wordy. An they may update the language from thou, thus, thee, to him, so, you.
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i think this response was lazy on my part and i rushed through it. let me give a better answer to what you said.

basically, what you propose, that life couldn't arise on its own and that it's more likely that it came from aliens, is a common belief. i know many who believe this. some even believe that aliens came and intervened in the process of human evolution specifically, while others believe as you said that life came in the form of bacteria on some asteroid.

these theories seem to be based on the assumption that life is not a naturally arising process. that there is indeed something 'supernatural' about life itself. i think that this doesn't hold up if you really think about it. if life came in the form of aliens from another planet, that still doesn't explain where that alien life came from.

presumably the aliens are from the same universe as we are. so where did the first alien life come from? the only real conclusion i can come to is that life is an independently arising natural process of the universe. that it's a matter of complex chemistry and probability, and that is why it seems so hard for us to find other life in the universe as is. that doesn't mean it isn't out there, but clearly we see that a large portion of space is hostile to life. the odds of life arising on its own could be astronomically small but the universe is astronomically large. somewhere along the lines this scenario does play out, as we see here on earth.

another thing i'd like to point out is that earth seems to be an ideal environment for life. this gives even more strength to the idea that it arose here as a natural process. when you consider the likelihood that life would not only arise/find its way onto some asteroid traveling through the cosmos but also land on a planet that has liquid water and is ideal for life and actually survive not only the trip through space but the crash landing, you see that this is actually much less likely than the prospect that life arose here on its own.

now understand this isn't actually to do with the theory of evolution. that's why i was reluctant to delve into this before. because technically speaking the alien scenario could have happened and evolution would still be a real process that dictates life here on earth. the further back we go in the biological history of life on earth, the harder it becomes to read. this is because on a microscopic level life behaves differently and isn't necessarily limited to mutations through procreation alone. this was also covered in the full version of the text at the link i provided.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Phylogenetics

this is where the idea that maybe instead of a 'common ancestor' as such we could have derived from a 'communal gene pool.'
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

You could be kinda right there^the bible says we are citizens of heaven the kingdom of God thus we are like aliens on this planet. So in a way that may be true.
    test
  6. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Again I dont disagree with Evolution...I just dont think it explains everything.....adaptation is real but to the extent that its so diversified raises questions to me....the question that there are probably a group of ancestors rather than one for all life.....animals could have evolved from different ancestors but all with DNA....where DNA comes from is a big question and one I dont think can easily answer

PEACE
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

you mean different ancestors could've evolved independently into different animals, with completely different origins? once again like the alien theory this is something that is not outside the actual realm of possibilities of how life could have arisen on a planet, but it doesn't seem consistent with the evidence at hand.

all life is generally seen to be related. whats key about DNA is how its spread throughout the earth, which is through reproduction most commonly in the form of procreation. when you take this into consideration, along with the 'family trees' we're able to construct using genetics, the idea is generally that whether its one single common ancestor or several common ancestors through horizontal transfer on the microscopic level, life is essentially from one single source rather than multiple independent sources.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Hey reg if u have time u should check out Creation Ministries Mobile Site u may be into the subject matter. An may be a good place for u to begin ur search.
    test
  9. Oldwoman

Oldwoman New Member

Hi, I've nothing to add to what reggie-jax has said, but I'd like to say this is the most polite and reasonable discussion of this subject I've seen in a very long time.
    Thanks for providing me with proof that it's possible to be young; enjoy rap music and video games; and be intelligent and articulate.

This discussion is getting shoved under the nose of the next of my peers that says "Kids these days....blah. blah, (I'm sure you know the rest).
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Interesting. Well with exception to whats heard on the radio, rap is about articulation. Add a topic people are passionate about and an intelligent conversation surely can arise. Lol. Anyways ya thats the purpose of this forum in particular. Appreciate the sentiment.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.