The entire teachings of Jesus had more in common with Buddhism than it does with...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Yea, my philosophy is sorta out there, but to me it all makes sense, even the Trinity the Bible speaks of, i don't think its talking about God/Jesus/the word per se... more the Creator/the created/the thought behind it.... and they're separate, mind (God), body (the physical universe), and soul (the spiritual individualities that exist outside of God, in the same realm, but a different plane of our physical existence)
    What i find funny about all these religions is that they are wrapped up in our reality with all the lessons.... they're adhering to the lessons s rather than the message in them, therefore can never truly commune with the mind of the Creator until they transcend what they've been taught
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

it mention this age and the age to come a few times in the bible plus if you understood the times and belief systems back then a lot of people believe in reincarnation.. plus not to mention everything else in nature exhibits reincarnation in some aspect or the other
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

thats not what this age/ age to come means
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

test
  5. TheBigPayback

interesting thought
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

of course it is...

Many Christians have misconceptions about reincarnation. One particular misconception is that it means people don't inhabit heavenly realms between Earth lives. The misconception is that people reincarnate immediately after death. It ignorantly assumes people will never be permanent residents of heavenly realms. But near-death testimony reveals these misconceptions to be just that - misconceptions. People are free to spend an "eternity of eternities" in afterlife realms before reincarnating to Earth again. There is freedom of choice. This is because time, as we know it on Earth, does not exist in the afterlife realms as it does here.

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed. (1 Cor. 15:51)

For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come. (Matt. 11:13-14)

In the above passage, Jesus clearly identifies John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet. Later in Matthew's gospel Jesus reiterates it.

And the disciples asked him, saying, "Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?"

But he answered them and said, "Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand."
    Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matt. 17:10-13)

In very explicit language, Jesus identified John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah. Even the disciples of Jesus understood what Jesus was saying. This identification of John to be the reincarnation of Elijah is very important when it comes to Bible prophecy. By identifying the John with Elijah, Jesus identified himself as the Messiah. The Hebrew scriptures mentions specific signs that would precede the coming of the Messiah. One of them is that Elijah will return first
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

lolll..totally different than i pictured in my head for some reason
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

Based on all the logic presented thus far, only one of the following conclusions is true:
    I. Reincarnation is a reality OR...
    II. Jesus was not the Messiah OR...
    III. Bible prophecies are not reliable.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

Skeptics of reincarnation like to quote the following Bible verse in an effort to refute Jesus' clear teaching of the reincarnation of Elijah as John the Baptist.

And he [John the Baptist] will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah. (Luke 1:17)

Skeptics claim that the above Bible verse affirms John to be merely a prophet who performed the same ministry as Elijah - not that John was actually the reincarnation of Elijah. But this is not what the verse actually says. In fact, the verse gives a perfect definition of reincarnation: the return of a person's spirit and power into another body. It is the spirit and power that reincarnates. Therefore this verse clearly states that John the Baptist had the spirit and power of Elijah. And this is exactly what reincarnation means. It does not get much clearer than this.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

your completely misinterpreting those verses. John had elijahs "Mantle" or annoiting. He wasnt the reincarnation OF elijah. and an annoiting doesnt die with the person, God can redistribute it.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

can u link me to the site u got this from
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

With very few exceptions, nobody has a conscious memory of past lives. The following is the Bible passage that shows John denying that he is Elijah.
    They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?"
    He said, "I am not."
    "Are you the Prophet?"
    He answered, "No."

Finally they said, "Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?"

John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, "Make straight the way for the Lord.""

Now some Pharisees who had been sent questioned him, "Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"

"I baptize with water," John replied, "but among you stands one you do not know. He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie." (John 1:21-27)

Notice that the Pharisees questioning John were expecting the reincarnation of an Old Testament prophet. And John did not refute the concept of reincarnation when he stated his ignorance about having a past life as Elijah. But Jesus was not ignorant about John. Jesus knew better and said so in the plainest words possible:

This is the one ... there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist ... And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear. (Matt. 11:11-15)
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

heres a commentary on that verse
    1:23 He said - I am that forerunner of Christ of whom Isaiah speaks. I am the voice - As if he had said, Far from being Christ, or even Elijah, I am nothing but a voice: a sound that so soon as it has expressed the thought of which it is the sign, dies into air, and is known no more. Isa 40:3.
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

if no reincarnation then why jesus second coming? i know what your thinking "he's god he can do that.." well what about elijah's coming before the second coming??

The following Bible passage is a promise that Jesus makes to those who have forsaken everything to follow him:

No one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or wife or children or land for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age - homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields ... and in the age to come, eternal life. (Mark 10:29-30)

Without reincarnation and pre-existence, this promise of Jesus is completely ludicrous because it would be impossible to happen. For example, it would mean that those who leave their parents for the sake of Christ will receive even more parents in the age to come. And those who leave their children for the sake of Christ will receive even more children in the age to come. It is evident that this promise by Jesus intends to be fulfilled in a future life on Earth.
    test
  15. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

payback, nobody cares about your commentary. Why ? Because it's very clear you don't even understand Scriptures to begin with. It's one thing to be ignorant and willing to learn, but another to be ignorant and unwilling to learn.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

Jesus gave another prophecy about the second coming that can be fulfilled only if reincarnation is a fact. The prophecy concerns those people who were present when Jesus gave this prophecy and refers to the signs heralding the return of Jesus.

I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. (Matt. 24:34)
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

i mean thus far if reincarnation is not true.. then HOLY SHIT at all the references i just pulled out my ass...

i apologize for my vulgar language.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

"Some of the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus with a question.

"Teacher," they said, "Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. Now there were seven brothers. The first one married a woman and died childless. The second and then the third married her, and in the same way the seven died, leaving no children. Finally, the woman died too. Now then, at the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?"

Jesus replied, "The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection. But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive." (Luke 20:27-38)
    test
  19. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

priest when do you think resurrection happens ?
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

it all depends what your referencing, if your referencing to the last days then....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.