The entire teachings of Jesus had more in common with Buddhism than it does with...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

todays taught Christianity....

This is because the early Christian writings discovered in 1945 and the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947 has given scholars a better picture of the early Christians. They were Jews who did not renounce their Jewish religion. They were believers in reincarnation and taught a special form of "resurrection" that had to do with becoming spiritually "born again." They believed that Jesus was God. They believed that Jesus would return within their generation. As you will see, the evidence also shows that the early Christians were much more believers in mysticism than probably most people are aware of today.

"He who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it." - Jesus Christ, Revelation 3:12

Three thousand miles from where Jesus was born, another miraculous birth occurred: the Buddha. As the Buddha walked on water, passed through walls, and raised the dead, so did Jesus in his day. As the Buddha fed 500 with a few small cakes, so did Jesus work with loaves and fishes. Five hundred years after a terrible earthquake marked the death of the Buddha, the earth shook again when Jesus breathed his last.

Given the eerie parallels between these two lives, one naturally wonders if their teachings were also similar.

Jesus and the Buddha were teachers of a world-subverting wisdom that undermined and challenged conventional ways of seeing and being in their time and in every time. Their subversive wisdom was also an alternative wisdom: they taught a way or path of transformation. Thus both were teachers of the way less traveled.

Jesus: “There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but the things that come out are what defile.”

Buddha: “Stealing, deceiving, adultery; this is defilement. Not the eating of meat.”

Jesus: If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also.

Buddha: If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words.

Jesus: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, “Friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You, hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.

Buddha: The faults of others are easier to see than one’s own; the faults of others are easily seen, for they are sifted like chaff, but one’s own faults are hard to see. This is like the cheat who hides his dice and shows the dice of his opponent, calling attention to the other’s shortcomings, continually thinking of accusing him.

Jesus: Your father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.

Buddha: The great cloud rains down on all whether their nature is superior or inferior. The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low.

Jesus: He said to them, “When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “No, not a thing.”

Buddha: Then the Lord addressed the monks, saying: “I am freed from all snares. And you, monks, you are freed from all snares.”

Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

Buddha: If by giving up limited pleasures one sees far-reaching happiness, the wise one leaves aside limited pleasures, looking to far-reaching happiness.

Jesus: Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.

Buddha: With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging.

The above parallels should give you a taste of how similar these two teachings can be.

Jesus: “Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in a steal.”

Buddha: “Let the wise man do righteousness: A treasure that others cannot share, which no thief can steal; a treasure which does not pass away.”

Jesus: “Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Buddha: “Do not let there be a schism in the order, for this is a serious matter. Whoever splits an order that is united will be boiled in hell for an aeon.”

What is going on, here? Were Jesus and Buddha spiritual masters inspired by a single cosmic source? Is the Christian “very God of very God” one with the Buddhist “God of gods?” You can’t help but be inspired as you contemplate the similarities of these two great religious leaders.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

I have seen some possible evidence that Jesus traveled to India during his “years in the desert”.

So there may have been some common influence. But really the common influence is what is within.

I would say there are as many paths as there are people.

But they all lead to the same place.

And that is simply because there is only One.

From that place, many words in many languages can try to describe what cannot be described, yet all describe the One.
    test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Spot on bro. I'd never seen all the diect comparisons put so closely together before... awesome thread, this should put things into perspective for many of the faithful questioners
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

this was something god put on my mind for many years.. i felt very discouraged and heretical for feeling this way, and i asked god before i put this out, to help guide me in the correct path.. i think with out a doubt in my mind he gave me this information for a reason.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

L.pree. Yahuwah did not press this on your heart, because these words are not yours....But I'll give you the Truth about the matter. I pray you listen and offer your own insights too. This is not about ego nor is this a pissing contest...this is about Truth, which we both should love.

Some things to consider before you run around proclaiming this as Truth:

-Christianity was not a religion until 370AD when the Roman Emperor Constantine deemed it so (and incorporated pagan practices unto this Truth). Before this state incorporation, it was simply called "The Way". And this Way was in Spirit and in Truth and the Gentiles did in fact worship the Most High in Spirit and in Truth (because after 70AD all of the true Ysraelites from Judea were all fled into captivity, and only the Gentiles remained to carry the real Truth). The early peoples that were mystics were in fact pagans under the guise of The Way (the real Truth) and soon after in 370AD became "chrisitians".

This new Christian religion incorporated the pagan practices of Rome, Judaism, and other mystic schools of the time. They did not just disapear...We see many pagan influences TODAY in the religion of Christianity still.

-The Dead Sea scrolls are the oldest manuscripts ever found, and these scrolls do not represent the Christian religion or the 'jews' that occupy the state of Ysrael today. The 'jews' there today are actually Gentiles. See Genesis chapter 10.

These manuscripts predate Christianity, they also predated the converted 'jews' that now uphold the Law of the Old Testament (though some of these Jews in Ysrael today actually worship Satan, and most of them reject the full truth and reject the MessiYAH). These scrolls also predate any other religion outside the nation of Ysrael, because the scrolls were written by real Hebrew Ysraelites in, I think 2,400 BC. The scrolls were for Ysrael. They have nothing to do with Christianity that was formed thousands of years later in 370AD...

The religion of Christianity can claim the scrolls as their own history, but that does not mean it's truth.

-Jesus is a Hellenization from the real MessiaYAH Yahshua and turned into the Greek deity Zeus...it was after this point (370AD) that he became a god to the pagans who incorporated The Way into christianity...to fit the pagan trinity of the time...which all stems from Babylon.

The real messiayh Yahshua's Gospel is 10 fold different that the pagan Gospel of Je-Zeus that is taught in Christianity...BIG DIFFERENCE. Some things remain true in christianity, but by and large it is just another false religion by the fact they do not teach you truly about THE MOST HIGH and HIS SON.

These to 'great' religious leaders never existed. Yahshua, the real MessiYah did exist, was the first begotten of Yahuwah, the Most High, and did in fact come for the lost House of Ysrael. Ysrael was ordained from the start to be a Preist Nation unto the world, and by them, we Gentiles could be grafted in to the covenant Yah made with Abraham...

No, Je-Zeus and Buddha can all be traced back to the mystery ancient Babylon religions that were spiritually founded by Satan and pushed through Nimrod: Sun worship, Baal worship, idol worship (American idol, sports, celebrities today etc...)moon worship, the trinity (son, moon and god child) etc...we see this ancient religion actually coming back full circle under the New World Order, which is actually the Old Order of pagan Babylon.

When you see corporations with logos such as the Sun, moon, one eye, eagle wings, obelisks, asher poles, triangles, hexagrams, pyramids, 666's, ISIS or satues like the satue of "liberty",stars (satanic star of David), etc...you know what they worship and now you know where it comes from. This symbolism is everywhere, even on our money.

Every false religion in the world (Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Catholicism, Hinduism, taoism, etc..) all come from ancient Babylon. That is where it started. We know in Revelation 12:9 that Satan done deceived the WHOLE world. If you are practicing or doing something that the whole world is doing, like Christianity, I'd take a deep look into that and see if what you are doing actually represents the scriptures and the Most High.

Now, everything Yahshua spoke in the "New Testament" was all Words of the Most High found in the Old Testament...90% of what came out of his mouth can be supported with scriptures. The Word = Law = Commandments of the Most High. Sin = Transgression of Law

If you find a comparison with what Yahshua said and taught with the false religion of Buddhism it only means it is a false dichotomy.

My Honda has four wheels, that does not mean it shares a true relationship with a skateboard.
    test
  6. breathlesss

Coup, you've fucking lost your mind, the KJB you was bad enough, but whatever you "learned" in the last month or so has warped you beyond belief... seriously, where is you christian knowledge coming from that somehow predates 370Ad and the constantine absurdity that is not the dead sea scrolls, and also, if the dead sea scrolls are not the earliest most unaltered reports ofteue christinity, what are they? Why were they wrote? How could they b considered inaccurate when they are the only possble texts about jesus that were not changed by constantine and the followng roman catholic heirarchy?

Answer me in words, do not give scriptures from a bible you admit is false by proxy
    test
  7. Coup d'état

breath, my hommie, im about to read your post and answer you. But go ahead and reread what I posted because I made many edits...I want you to read it all.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

I go by what the bible (the scriptures) teach us and even by what the dead sea scrolls teach and offer us...this is where this knowledge is coming from. The Dead Sea Scrolls are legit!!! The Dead Sea scrolls say exactly what my bible says right in front of me.

Reading of scriptures in a historical context is important. The scriptures is also a history book of Ysrael and the world surrounding that nation and of the dealings of The Most High with those nations, both Ysrael and Gentile alike (and heathen).

Knowledge of history in general is important and both this and the scriptures all tell the same story. SO DEEP.

I'm just saying that it was not until 370AD that Christianity was formed...and it was formed off the Truth of the scriptures and the Truth of the MOST HIGH. But Constantine took the The Way (as it was called) and adopted into it his pagan religion. So you now have Christianity mixed in with paganism (and other Greek elements).

Je-Zeus was the Greek deity and that is why we don't call the messiyah his real name: Yahshua (which means Yah's salvation). There are a lot of examples of paganism in Christianity today...that is for another lesson. It's shocking bro.

The dead sea scrolls are the oldest scriptures we know about today. They are accurate. The Ysraelites wrote them, and they could have been the scrolls the messiyah read from.

EDIT:

Everything in Lprees post, I don't know where he found it, is founded on a lack of knowledge and understanding. The Buddha he tries to connect to Jesus is correct. But they both are false and no where near reality. The real Messiayah is free of false religions that have been created by man ( in both cases, je-zeus and Buddha, have been created), so he is building a case upon similarity that really stem off the same root. Both those 'great' spiritual leaders can all be traced back to ancient Babylon, along with all the false religions of the world.

So in effect, the post means nothing outside a man made religious context.

Truth is set apart from all that.

The real MessiaYah is nothing talked about in Lprees post...at all. Do you get what I'm saying ?

My dog has four legs, and so does my cat...does not mean my cat barks and my dog purrs.

Je-Zeus is a pale version of the Real Son Of YHWH

Buddha is a statue that can't talk, can't see, can't smell and is just a vain idol that is very offensive to the MOST HIGH who created the entire universe.
    test
  9. breathlesss

Way to do a complete 540... last time I brought up the dead sea scrolls and the nah hammadi you told me they were bullshit...
    You are a weird, weird man...
    Maybe you're finally coming to your senses
    Your only final step left is to shed your perspective of yeshua as the only divine being to and that will ever exist
    We are all just as godly as he was, he just managed to humanistically override his natural physical side and become more in tune with the spirit side than most would ever want to
    It was a human choice that allowed jesus/yeshua to shed the human choice
    You are still putting so much meaning in the physical aspects of his life that, if you don't stop, uou will never understand the complete spiritual sense you so long for
    Opening your mind to more does not necessarily mean you have to close off what you know... you can add to it
    Trust in the god that yeshua did, not the human that yeshua lived in
    test
  10. Coup d'état

There is no truth in you at all. You are a liar. There is only one path.
    test
  11. Coup d'état

If I was talking bad about the dead sea scrolls then I aplogize for that and I repent of that thinking...

Yahshua is not a deity. There is only one true deity. That is THE MOST HIGH ELOHIM NAMED YAHUWAH. Yahshua is His SON.

False, you are not divine. You can walk as Yahshua walked, keep the commandments of the Most High, worship Him in Spirit and in Truth and then you may become a Child of the MOST HIGH. You have not the Spirit of YAH unless you obey and love the Father in all Truth, and you don't know what you talking about, because you are a child of Satan. Real talk. I could get deep into scriptures to show you this clearly.

But no, you are in no wise divine and unless you are walking in righteousness as taught in the Word of the Most High by the MOST HIGH, you are walking and living with unclean spirits. Yahshua is the messiyah, and without him you are as good as dead already; he is the only way to the Father. When you kill of the old man, and become born unto his death on the cross you actually can become a child of the Most High. Yahshua came to do the will of the Father, he came to die. And even at Yahshua's death, did he earn the right to become the first begotten. That's deep. Think about it.

All the spiritual "goodness" you think you have are actually unclean spirits having free dealings in your body. And these same spirits are from Satan and the fallen, and these same spirits created all the false religions of the world. It's no wonder you are so mystical and probably practice the occult without even knowing it..

And you want to tell me about Spiritual Truths ? LMAO. No thanks.

The Holy Spirit is not an entity nor is it a deity. You see, your body is a vessel for spirits, that is all it is....Think back to Genesis when YAHUWAH put the breath of life in Adam...He sent into his vessel (his body) His Spirit, which is what you want. In the breath is life...

And what spiritual sense do I long for ? What spiritual sense do you actually have ?

I am susceptible to unclean (demonic spirits) just as you are...but I keep a tight relationship with the Father, creator of all, and receive his Holy Spirit. With it, I am equipped to do things your demon worshiping spirits cannot. Chief being my salvation unto everlasting life in the Kingdom to come.

Where are you going to be ?
    test
  12. breathlesss

The bible, scripture, history... those are all physical, all human... the word is transcendent, yeshua was trying to explain this but YOU are the one holding him to the physical. The "word" is meant to allow you to shake free from the physical not to enshroud one in it.
    We are all the one
    test
  13. breathlesss

You do nit keep a tight relation with the father, god, you keep an unnecessary tether to one of the greatest mediums between you and god, by denying that you can not know god without the physical, humanistic scripture interpretation of jesus is the equivalent of denying god entirely...
    Jesus is to you as the pope is to devout catholics
    and that is sad
    I commune with god on a level equal to jesus, just as he taught we should
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

Dear Brother Coup: my warmest welcome extend to you, but wow @ this gee willikers...

this is by far to much for me to address but i will begin to try my best.. so bare with me.

aside from the originality of the text this is something that I've had pressed on my heart for some time..

first and foremost: Believing what someone else tells you, simply because you think they have some authority, is one of the silliest things you can do.

I have no dispute with your research on the origin of the early christians and I think we can agree w/ the fact that the first christians were indeed. "Jews". as far as the
    mystics" reference you've made i dnt entirely disagree w/you and in heinsight recognize the discrenpancy, although However, Jesus the one that I worship, not je-zues, or whom you've prescribed me, did indeed have 3 wise men from the East visit him (whom were mystics and astrologist) it is common knowledge the possibility of Jesus travelling into the east as far as india during his time in egypt..

You've claimed that I've prescribed unto religions that man have made up and that are the "road most traveled" so to speak although however the knowledge that i present is indeed not the popular nor the publicly accepted theory or "truth"..

Jesus and the Buddha were teachers of a world-subverting wisdom that undermined and challenged conventional ways of seeing and being in their time and in every time. Their subversive wisdom was also an alternative wisdom: they taught a way or path of transformation. Thus both were teachers of the way less traveled.

I Have A question for you coup.. what is up with all this YAH talk and the "y" for Israel.. i know that YHWH is the name in hebrew and that Yeshua is how they say jesus in the hebrew, and also in arabic etc... but the way you use it seems Cultish.. so what cult is this I know the Jahova witness's refer to him as Jahova a lot...

The Buddha he tries to connect to Jesus is correct. But they both are false and no where near reality. The real Messiayah is free of false religions that have been created by man ( in both cases, je-zeus and Buddha, have been created), so he is building a case upon similarity that really stem off the same root. Both those 'great' spiritual leaders can all be traced back to ancient Babylon, along with all the false religions of the world.

how is the jesus I'm talkin about no where near the real one when I AM talking about the FRICKING REAL ONE RIGHT NOW.. Coup you can't deny the facts when they are true and evident i am not talkin about "white jesus" or "back jesus" i am talkin about the real jesus that has been hidden from us for oh so long, the same jesus your oh so close to finding as well my good sir...

there is no truth in me at all hmm.. just because you say that doesn't make it truth neither.. you don't understand correctly the message of Jesus that's probly b/c you won't reach enlightenment in this life time.. the main thing jesus wanted us to do was follow him and deny the world... but there is so many different layers and levels that you haven't allowed credit for the mere fact that you have been taught the "white mans" indoctrination policy...
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

test
  16. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Acts 11:26

...and the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. Act was written much earlier than 370 A.D.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are among the oldest manuscripts in the world. Not to mention the fact that they contained essentially the Apocypha in it's entirety. Some extremely gnostic texts were found there.

2400 BC?!?! An early date for the Exodus could be maybe 2000 BC, how could these caves hold manuscripts that haven't even been written yet? Seriously, I have no faith in your ability to check facts. Someone really took you for a spin and now you're completely under their control. And all I want is some answers, but all you can say is that Christianity as we know it is wrong. Why is it so dificult for you to defend your position?

There is more in the Qumran findings than simply biblical references. There were like 10-15 thousand fragments discovered. Not all are even in accordance with each other. It was basically a library that was stashed so that the Romans wouldn't destroy it.
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

you obviously think you got it alllll figured out now dont you...
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

i can't address all of your comment's b/c i haven't reached that indepth of study yet.. but 2000 bc 2400 bc is only 4hundred years difference .. even if it was a miscalulation i'ts a minor one at that.. plus scientific proof provides the exodus happened in 2400.. from what i've read..
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

The word "Christian" is comparatively rare, appearing only three times (Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16) and is therefore unlikely to have been their usual name.
    test
  20. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

LP, the scrolls contain fragments of books that could not have been written until 500 BC, such as the book of Daniel (which must be tied to the poste-exile time period for obvious reasons). The Exodus is essentially the beginning of the story of the Hebrews, but it is much more likely that the Exodus occured closer to 1500 BC, which is almost an entire millenia. 2400 BC is waaaay to early for an Exodus; the Archaeology wouldn't add up. That would make the book of Judges cover about 1600 years. Since we have a chronological list of kings from Saul to the exile, it has ben shown that Saul/David/Solomon existed around 100BC-900BC. I believe we have more info in Chronicles and the lineage of Jesus to take it a little further back, I don't recall exactly. A date from 1600BC-1500BC is the number I remember calculating.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.