The Dream's Childish Gambino- Because the Internet Thread

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream2333, Dec 7, 2013.

1. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

No disrespect to @Superman70

but as the resident childish gambino stan in hhc, i wanted to make a scene lol...

Soooo...

At first listen I really hated this album because it didn't have the instant replay value that Camp had. but then I realize that thats really not fair.

Camp is one of the best rap albums put out in the last 5 years and its unfair to always expect a rapper to put out music of such high caliber.

I give this album a 7/10.

why? Its Yeezus mixed with Nothing Was the Same... and thats about it. no real diversity among the tracks... every beat has the same ambient Drake style sound and his voice is always rediculously filtered like 90% of Yeezus... damn bino we want to hear what you got to say... lol

This album is CHildish Gambino getting away from what makes him a unique individual. No more stories from his nerdy black guy, outcast perspective... now hes the rich rapper who gets all the girls and thats all he seems to ever focus on now. all the social commentary about what its like to be an intelligent black male trying to get everyones respect is gone.

this album is like one looooooooooong song... about him and his girl(s)... and its not even different, unique problems... its just the fighting/fucking shit that every other rapper talks about...

as for what I liked...

-dude can still sing...

-"The crawl" is pretty dope

- no really bad tracks like royalty had

-idk, i'll have to listen to it more
    test
  2. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

I haven't listened to it yet, but could it be that the dude just changed?

I mean, the guy is on tv, touring accross the globe and has tons of money. And I can't even imagine the type of chicks he might be fucking. If that's where he's at right now, you can't ask him to revert to his old self just for your entertainment.
    test
  3. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

theres nothing wrong with change at all, all I'm saying is, why change to put out music like everybody else? he changed everything to make it closer to the music that everyone else is making... thats what rappers do when their desperate... and on their way out.

its not a BAD album though... its just not that good.... i think I'm just bitching too much.
    test
  4. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

"why? Its Yeezus mixed with Nothing Was the Same"

You just admitted what a lot of guys been saying these years. Bino is a swagger-jacker, he copied Wayne, Kanye, Drake & A$AP in Royalty. That's that shit I don't like 'bout him.
    test
  5. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

I've been saying that for a while.
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Word? I thought you never admitted that.
    test
  7. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

nah, man I made a thread a while back where I said except for Camp and the EP, childish Gambino is basically trash...

I really dont understand how dude came up with that camp album... because its one of the best forms of self expression I've ever seen in a rap album... but then dude has shit like royalty and culdesac which are just garbage except for a few tracks.
    test
  8. Superman70

Superman70 edited

why i listened to his pound cake freestyle more than anything on the album so far
    test
  9. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

Yaphet Kotto is my shit. That is all. I'm feelin this more than anything he's done previously and I've always been a fan.
    test