The Dating Game

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Potassium Argon Dating (K-AR). Does it work ? Does it prove the earth is millions, billions of years old ? Potassium is one of the elements on the periodic table of elements and it slowly decays and turns into Argon, which is a gas. So, the theory is that when a volcano erupts it melts the rock, turns to lava and comes out spreading down the volcano slope and the gas would escape. Because it is now liquid.

And as Potassium slowly decays to Argon, which is a gas remember, and if it melts the rock it should reset the clock to zero. So they think they can tell how old lava flows are, or ash flows (ash beds) because there should be no Argon in them that the clock is reset and it should be just Potassium. This sounds good in theory but in practice when you actually test it, it does not work.

It's true Potassium decays to Argon, and has a half life of about 1.3 billion years, it very slowly decays. Of course nobody watched it fro 1.3 billion years but only 3 or 4 days in the labortory...and they estimated how long it would take to disappear. But lets assume the half life is right, it would be quite an assumption, no argument here. The fact is, when you actually test it like the lava flows that were tested in New Zealand, where potassium Argon dates were given for a 1975 volcano eruption. The dates given were way off, a quarter of a million years old was determined. Yet the New Zealand volcano erupted in 1975. In 1949 was another lava flow, yet K-AR gave an age of a little less than a quarter of a million years old.

Planetary Seminars Abstracts 48th Annual Meeting p. 167

We don't know if it actually resets the clock, in truth. A Canadian Journal of Earth Science Vol. 16 says,

Ah, so here the truth comes out. Things are really dated by the geological column (the evolution bible), not by just Potassium dating or any other dating method. In nature magazine back in April 1970, they have another example where they had dating of a layer of ash called the KBS TUFF (named after Kay Behrensmeyer). This layer of ash was dated between 212-230 million years old.

What they will do, if you look at the charts, they will have different layers of ash and then they will assign dates to volcanic eruptions lava flows etc... If you find a fossil between two layers you can guess how old it was based upon the potassium Argon date of the fossil above and of the one below. Sounds good, right ? It does not work. They bracket the sample by what is called the Even Horizon, they'll say a layer of ash from a volcanic eruption covered a country side for example, and any fossils found below that layer have to be older, any fossils found above have to be younger. Sounds good, but it does not work that way.

Richard Leaky found a skull (#KMN ER 1470) under the KBS TUFF. It was a modern human but was dated 2.9 million years old. Everyone was saying the TUFF was 200 million years old but here they found a normal human skull. Now they have a problem. SO they redated the ash layers in the KBS TUFF. They would never had re dated it if they had not found that human skull. They redated the ash layer and took 10 samples and got numbers from .5 million to 2.64 million.

First, we need to point out that is way down from 212 million and still that is a 500% error. It does not work. A 500% error ? They would laugh you out of a court of law if you placed this as evidence.

It's interesting to look at the inflation of the age of the earth. Back in 1770, George Buffon said the earth was 70,000 years old (Principles of Zoology 1996 p. 151)

In 1905 the text books said that the age of the earth was officially 2 billion years old (News Week July 20 1998 p.50)

In 1960s when they went to the moon, they said the moon and earth are 3.5 billion years old (The Minneapolis Tribune Aug. 25, 1969) This number was arrived at by Potassium Argon Dating.

Today the kids are taught it's 4.6 billion years old. The earth is getting older at the rate of 21 million years per year lol, interesting. That's 40 years per minute. Silly. Here are some things to consider about Potassium Argon Dating or any dating method:

1. Wild dates are frequently obtained. They are not always consistent,getting all kinds of numbers. They pick ones that they want based on the preconceived idea, which is based on the geological column, which is dumb.

2. Dates that don't fit the theory are routinely dumped, rejected and tossed out. This is not how science works. If it works, it ought to work every time, being testable, demonstrable and observable.

3. It is obvious that only dating method is based on the ASSUMPTIONS that the original content can be known, that the decay rate never changes, and that samples have never been contaminated.

4. All of these decay rates are based on a decline, down slide and not an uphill slope/slide. Potassium decays to Argon, Carbon 14 decays etc...every thing is decaying, it's the opposite of evolution. And they need something that is improving rather. This all goes back to the concept of the 6 different kinds of evolution, and you have to have chemical evolution, where chemicals go higher on the periodic table, not lower.

Mount Etna erupted in Sicily back in 122 B.C. It was a dated eruption, and there is historical evidence for it. When Potassium Argon dated it, it was 1/4 of a million years old. In 1801 Hawaii lava flow gave a potassium Argon age of 1.6 million years old. It does not work.

Basalt from another Hiawian lava flow, Mt. Kilaliea Lki in 1959, gave an K-AR age of 8,500,000 years old.

Basalt from a different Sicily valcano gave an K-AR age of 700,000 years old, and it only erupted in 1964. In 1972 the same volcano erupted again and it then gave a date of 350,000 years old (Impact # 307 Jan. 1999)

The lava from Mount St. Helen's right after it erupted in 1980, it was brand new lava dome, they knew the age of it. yet the K-AR dating gave an age of 350,000 to 2.8 million years old using varying dating methods. This is coming from the same rocks, from a lava flow they knew was only 20 years old.

When you date a sample from known age it does not work. When you date a sample of unknown age it is ASSUMED TO WORK. That is not common sense. Wild dates are found all the time, they pick the numbers that they want and reject anything they upsets the theory. All Dating Methods are based on many, many assumptions, just like the entire theory of evolution.

The bible tells us to seek knowledge:

I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek wisdom, and the reasons of things and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness; Ecclesiastes 7:25

and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear I Peter 3:15
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so its inconclusive

just like a book written 6000yrs ago is

and just like the word from a dude in the sky that may or may not exist

im playing devils advocate
    I believe theres a god.
    test
  3. Coup d'état

I know you are.

The bible text, if you trace the KJB, is 100% Holy and legit, untampered. Why do you think I say King James ONLY all the time ? out of blind faith ? Nope.

Also, the bible (Genesis) is a great back drop to observe and scientifically study our natural world...so far to date, it all is 100% correct using real science, and not religious speculation (evolution). Only one absolute truth, really.

Yes, all DATING METHODS DO NOT WORK.

God is not intolerant. He loves you and everybody the same. He is not willing any shall perish.
    test
  4. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

this is why they don't use potassium dating, this is not why the earth is young

and this is why i'm proposing an official boycott to debating with Coup
    test
  5. Coup d'état

test
  6. Coup d'état

I'm doing Uranium dating next...
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

god loves everyone yes

no matter their religion/sexual preference/color/musical taste/whether they do martial arts/yoga/meditation/make black comedy comic books/choose to have an abortion/ride horses/live in huts/do not know who he is etc etc
    test
  8. Coup d'état

no matter their religion/sexual preference/color/musical taste/whether they do martial arts/yoga/meditation/make black comedy comic books/choose to have an abortion/ride horses/live in huts/do not know who he is etc etc

Umm, no. God hates sin. Why ? Because sin causes one to suffer and God is not willing any suffer. Yes, nobody is perfect, but living in sin openly and on purpose is direct rebellion against God. And why do that ? It's not good for you anyhow.

Man is to be with Woman. It was Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve. Mediation is fine, as long as you are doing it to Glorify God and the Son, and not drawing demonic energy that is Yoga, Buddha and all that mystical crap not good for your soul. IT hurts you.

LOL at putting an abortion next to riding a horse, as if abortion was just as relaxed and carefree as riding. Abortion is murder dude. NO way around it.

Busta, do you own a clean copy of a Bible ?
    test
  9. breathlesss

god's whole reason for creating this universe is so we can appreciate the good by means of triumphing over the "suffering", the joy of that is far greater than perfect stagnance, you need to shed your single human body life ideology coup, it does a spirit good
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I have the new testament and ive read it front to back.
    test
  11. Coup d'état

god's whole reason for creating this universe is so we can appreciate the good by means of triumphing over the "suffering", the joy of that is far greater than perfect stagnance, you need to shed your single human body life ideology coup, it does a spirit good

You need to learn about God, and stop making up your own like pagans do. You are a heathen. You scoff at God, mock him, remain ignorant of His creation, blaspheme is Word and the Son. Ye are still in your sins. Your understanding of His doctrine is twisted. Quit working for Satan, get over yourself, and turn to God (repent).

Pagans gon be pagans.
    test
  12. breathlesss

i don't scoff at god

i scoff at the limited insanity you place on your version of a defined god

i scoff you you selling the abilities of god short

i scoff at you

and you aren't good

you aren't god

you are not my mommy
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hahaha you know nothing of yoga or buddha or martial arts

if you did you wouldnt have said that

Yoga/meditation/martial arts are EXTREMELY good for you.

listen to yourself "all that mystical crap"

oh the irony
    test
  14. Coup d'état

^explain it to me then, I'll listen to ya. Then I'll say my piece.
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Saying yoga is evil, is like saying excersize to keep fit is evil

saying martial arts is evil is like saying excersize to keep fit is evil

(Im not a buddhist)
    Buddhism is a philosophy more than a religion. Buddha is less mystical than jesus dying on a cross, and then being brought back to life a couple days later. Than a man in the sky dictating rules to humans.

its friday night and i dont have time to go in depth. But shit man, If you did yoga you wont go to hell hahahah thats retarded as fuck
    test
  16. Coup d'état

I'm not saying you'd go to hell for exercising your physical body or doing Yoga man. lol that's crazy dude.

Doesn't Yoga draw off spiritual paths and energy to help the physical body ? What I'm trying to say is that the origin of this spiritual harvest that is harnessed for Yoga is actually the wrong kind of energy and perhaps demoic....

Like you said, it's Friday (who cares really) and I won't get too deep in it...though it's been something I've wanted to talk about here.
    test
  17. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

IF there is a God (your God), and knowing what I know, then I can only surmise he is a sociopath. Sociopaths are evil.
    test
  18. Coup d'état

Ignorance is your stumbling block. Who are you to reduce God down to your sinful perversions ?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make her drink.

You don't know anything.
    test
  19. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Freedom of speech. I'm entitled to my own opinions and beliefs. Besides, if you look at the characteristics of a sociopath, God fits nearly all of them. Just sayin'.

The reason I wrote that, is to show the other side of 'if you don't repent you will not be saved', 'you are a sinner', etc. etc. Whether or not it's your belief, it's pretty presumptuous and offensive to throw that shit on people, so who are you to do so??

I have never tried to force my beliefs on you, I am simply here to question and share my opinions. I find your demeaning retorts offensive, so I'll retaliate the same. if you were to simply say 'I believe (enter your banter here).....', then I could have a much more at ease conversation with you. However, shoving everything in our faces as absolute truth, and treating us as lowlife idiots....only serves to turn us away for many reasons. If that represents your faith, fuck you...and shame on you.
    test
  20. Coup d'état

Oh, is that a fact ? God is a sociopath ? Please enlighten the world with your blissful intellect. You are again taking God and bringing Him down to your meek thoughts.

You have no idea what the truth is either, for all you know is that aliens came to earth thousands of years ago and populated it...Sounds like you've been in the hot indoctrination seat awhile.

Jesus Christ is the truth. I am telling you this. It is common knowledge kept from you, it's obvious. Your level of understanding is about as deep as a Science-fiction screen play.

King Jesus is the only way to God. If you deny him you are still in your sins. No way around this. You can believe what you want, but that does not mean what you create for yourself is right or truth. Those who have ears, let them hear.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.