THE CONTROVERSY MAG - woot woot

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by A.S.K, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

THE CONTROVERSY
    THE RSTL MAGAZINE THAT GRABS YOUR ATTENTION

What is up folks.. you’ve just entered the CONTROVERSY. This publicated thread is a magazine based on the ongoing events within the RSTL and is an unofficial column dealing with strictly opinionated observations. If you wish to contact me, my aim is: Verbatimental and if you wish to get at me personally, you can hit me at verbatimental@hotmail.com

Now as this week moves on, I wanna go back and quickly get into the match that occurred with JOWELZ vs TEKNEEK. Obviously, the intent was to make this match as hype as it can be. The feistyness and the excited TEK pulled whatever possible to intensify and to make this match as visible as it can be. Usually, from the old school days, JOWELZ would be as equally mouthy with outcomes of matches, but astonishingly he’s been very lowkey and very unheard of all week. It seemed so obvious that TEK wanted to win this in the worst way possible and would pull whatever antics he could to get a W. And to the end-result, it was came out as a win, for TEK… almost. --- Let TEKNEEK tell you:

Whatsup fellas, let me break it down and just say that I love JOWELZ but I hate him too. The guy is the envy of everyone that reps in RMC. As expected, I wanted this match with me and GOAT to be a match that could NOT be forgotten… and well… it didn’t really pull off as one to remember. However, in accordance to stipulations presented, I had won this match… by default. However, as any right-minded poet would feel, I could not take this win and just move on even though rightfully I deserved it due to JOWELZ failure to vote. Straightup, the guy’s owned me in almost every single match possible in RMC. From RBL to RSTL to RWF… it has always been that way. And this past week, I wanted so bad to beat him, but I didn’t know how. This is the guy I idolize the most as a textcee and to beat him, I had to know him. I figured with all the years of homework I put into observing him, I’d know what the niche is to taking him out, but I don’t yet again. So I’ll say this outspokenly, JOWELZ is too good. That topic he did this past week was a very badly presented topic and he basically killed it with his narration skills. I gave him the win because he attracts audiences, he is right to be at the top 3, and he is just more skilled than I am. Honestly, I didn’t think I’d felt right just moving on and being in #1 contenders match this week… so I gave JOWELZ the go ahead. I got what I wanted… a publicly hyped match, and while I didn’t pull my part lyrically, Im still honored to battle with in my opinion the greatest textcee in RMC.

test
  2. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

TEKNEEK’S TOP TEN THIS TIME

Who rules? Who reigns, who climbs and who falls???

5 Starre
    – If he wins this week, I will hunt him down and do an interview for next week’s mag.

10. Equitus
    – He still has much to prove to me, but he’s one of the nicest writers as of late.

9. 5 Starre
    - If he wins this week, Ill hunt him down and force an RSTL interview with him next week.

8. Infinite Truth
    – The rhyme he came vs Talent was good but not the hard-hitting IT I knew from the Peril-Eyes days.

7. IV
    – The most controversial then.. and now. But how good is he – this past week proved he’s still got it.

6. Jowelz
    – While he did win and advance, although his rhyme is always good… I did not feel his rhyme this past week.

5. Trap
    – This is oh too familiar for TRAP to be in…. heck in any category he’s easily top 5.

4. Ill Logic
    – I’ll put it like this… Im really gonna be watching him this week. If he continues to win and take out everyone that ranks above him, he will get the biggest props undisputedly.

3. Awedishin
    – The yoyo man, comes up.. falls a bit… recovers.. and climbs again…. Falls… and again climbs… a skilled writer and 3x champ. When was the last time he was champ?? How long ago was it??? I cant remember. Still, he has only the better of him to face if he wins this week.

2. Richard Corey
    – My unsung GOAT meets with destiny…. Again. Simple and plain the guy makes it too easy.

1. Tha Talent
    2. – I still hate this guy, but damn man after reading his last 2 verses the past 2 weeks… I think Im ready to turn into a fan.

MEETING WITH AN URBAN LEGEND

At this time, the RSTL has welcomed many new faces and new blood to the league. This past week was a debut for one particular person. He’s been in RMC for a short period and already with his venturing into text both performing in the RSTL and the RBL, IGLOS has become an eye-catcher to few but to the URBAN LEGENDS crew, it seems that the heavyweights from the UL fam have already embraced this newbie into their mix and is currently on the climb in the RSTL. The following is an interview conducted by TEK to IGLOS…. Let’s take you to the interview:

TeKneeK: Im here with the latest newcomer to the RSTL... IGLOS, and with this being your 1st ever mention in the RSTL as a featured story, I'd like to ask you IGLOS.... how you feelin?

Iglos: good and ready to climb up in the RSTL

TeKneeK: So as you debut in the league, there are many in the RSTL who are wondering information on who you are and where you're from... so lets get into that a little bit ---- how'd you come to know about Rapmusic.com?

Iglos: I was looking for emcee battle videos and found it yahoo tek, been history ever since then

TeKneeK: Are you a internet textcee or an audio hiphop artist... or do you do both?

Iglos: I'm a real emcee, when I came here I did auido, and will do it again when I have the equipment... before I came here I was flowing too, since late 99

TeKneeK: Who are some of your favorite emcees, groups in hiphop?

Iglos: wu tang is def one of my favs. ever... I like rakim, mos def, the roots, nas, jedi mind, non phixion
    Iglos: mostly undergound

TeKneeK: And if we were to define how you write rhymes, what artist or individual do you feel you best relate to or imitate the besT?

Iglos: that's a hard one... my writing style is not always the same... as far as the techniques go I use a lot of multis, normaly at least 3 or 4 every 2 lines plus a lot of in bar rhyming... when I startded I used to copy alot of shit, went through many phases and in the end came out with my own stylethat's a mix of lots of shit

TeKneeK: Interesting --- there has been talk that you are both in the RBL and the RSTL... do you excel best in battling or in story/topicals... or is there a way to relate and extinguish a style to both?

Iglos: most people who do know or remember seeing me on these boards know me as battler... I've battled 100s and 100s of times on this board but not done to many topicals... to be honest I like topicals more 'cuz there is more room to shine and do what you want

TeKneeK: Which is easier for you -- battling or topicals/

Iglos: battles

TeKneeK: Do you think its gonna take a little longer finding your niche in the RSTL? or do you think it'll be much easier to grasp?

Iglos: it won't be that hard for me to get... I can already see myself getting better at with each verse
    Iglos: better at it

TeKneeK: Talk about IMPERIAL and how a comradry came about between you 2

Iglos: when I first started battlen here I remember I always used to see Iperial, I-Cite, and Dsoul on the battle boards... all 4 of us would keep records of our wins and L's... I saw him alot on the boards back in late 2002, I also remember seeing him in the Rxbl and RBL many times... I was always cool with him

TeKneeK: Was your ability to write topically the sign that he wanted you to join UL?

Iglos: I asked him if he wanted to do a collab and he asked me to join... I was in UL awhile back anways and left 'cuz I wasn't active

TeKneeK: Who have you seen in the RSTL so far that you really like so far?

Iglos: right now it looks like trap, Richard corey, vadik, sercle, jowlez, imp and a few others are nice with it

TeKneeK: Are you excited?

Iglos: lol, I love to write so this is always fun for me, you know, to see if I can top my self but I'm not really excited

TeKneeK: Before we go, is there anything you wish to say to youre adversaries, to other newbies to the RSTL or anything?

Iglos: yeah, nobody is safe... I got lots of skills and will wreck anybody if I try...remember that, and pz
    test
  3. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

A QUIET BEGINNING FOR THE THREE

As expected, the first matches for all three cats 9-VOLT, STORM-G and SERCLE all came to a ho-hummer week. All three came thru with wins and took their ranks a step higher to the top. 9-VOLT expressed some rustiness despite his NS win and SERCLE also came with a rather nice display even though his foe did not show either. As for STORM-G, well… he was lackluster as well.

All three are the names to watch for in the coming weeks. And while competition still may be a ho-hummer for them this week, I surely hope these three bring a little more better game this time. The climb to the top will begin a sharp uphill ascent seeing if they survive this week. The challenges, opponents and things to come will be the true test to really how good they are and how skillful they can be. A good ass-whoopin’ from one of these cats will bring a nice disrespectful and comedic story brought upon by me…. But then again maybe I won’t need to.

The clouds are still overcast as we speak… but soon for these three… a more bigger storm lies within their sights.

To be continued for these three.

RC VS TALENT: AN INSIDE ANALYSIS

Yes, this match is all-acceptable for hype and greatness. Two of the best and for me to spectate this, I hope we see something interesting. The thing with me is that I actually appreciate and like writers who have more character and personality. Back in the day, PERIL-EYES was very egotistic but that’s what was nice about him. Posterizing him was fun and the thing was he didn’t care who hated him and who liked him. Today, it seems like elites such as RC and TALENT are more kept-to-themselves and quiet. Theyre more the type to write a rhyme, do the league and serve its purpose… and that’s it. To make things interesting in the RSTL is what heightens and raises awareness about things that are going on and is something needed these days… but with this week’s match --- I guess the competition itself is much more intriguing.

TALENT the past 2 weeks has come with some good stuff. Yes… I said it… good stuff. He’s coming off with some vivid and imagelike portrayals of everything that goes on in his rhymes. It’s not like how he wrote before. Something about it is much more different. Im beginning to actually digest his rhymes and considering that nobody’s really said much about his successful title defenses the couple weeks, I’ll be the first to hype it right now…. THA TALENT is still the champ!

Maybe people are not getting thru with what we’re seeing here. All this hoopla about VERN, IV, DMETRIUS etc etc… THA TALENT is adding to his wins… and if he DOES win RICHARD this week – I’ll be the one to say it – THA TALENT will have a great… a great chance at chasing the most weeks at #1. Yeah I know… there’s people like IV, JOWELZ, TRAP and INFINITE TRUTH trailing, but lets face it guys… THA TALENT brings it all the time every week… and even tho I don’t like the rhymes he rips, he comes pretty much heated enough to have his fans and folks appreciate his abilities. And with that, he’s capable if anyone to break that record of most times at #1. However, RICHARD COREY is no pushover.

RC is the illest and the unsung hero of storytellers. I mean the guy is so laid back… quiet… does what he needs to do and is damn good at it and basically comes through every week dropping it like its nothing to him. Seriously, when have you seen RC struggle?? – Of all the times I red from his rhymes, I have yet to see a lackluster or a cheap rhyme by RC. --- On paper, something’s gotta give. This guy needs to be ranked with the PERILS the JOWELZ and the VERNS… but he isn’t. Well, he’s on the verge, but when will he pull through? – If there is anyone that I feel sure to take the latter half of 2004 with the RSTL its RC. – Its fresh, its smooth and its clear the way he writes… and is probably why I pick as the next GOAT for the RSTL.

This week’s matchup is gonna be interesting for one thing --- THA TALENT has told me how much he respects and loves the way RC does his thing – and to be against him – I gotta know how TALENT approaches his rhyme against RC and if he does anything different in his writing --- does he patternize his words differently --- does he go with real poetic abstract words?? --- Will he clash RC with a style replicating his? --- This is the inside analysis of what to hope for.

In the end, whoever wins – all we can say is that it will get more interesting with the cats that trail behind. Both are statementmakers of the league and any one can make their destiny be something to see and remember and provide something for all of us to read and appreciate on.

Join me next week as we tackle more of the events, news, and happenings going on in the RSTL… till then

STAY TUNED……. THE CONTROVERSY WILL BE SHOWN.
    test
  4. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

motherfuckers
    test
  5. AuThoR NYSE

AuThoR NYSE Black Hand

Word.. nice mag Tek...

Likin the article on Talent vs RC
    test
  6. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word good shizzle
    test
  7. IgloS

IgloS Eye Glows

nice to see I finaly got some props on RM

cool mag tek
    test
  8. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

test
  9. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

i liked the mag .. good interview.
    pce.
    test
  10. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

well done on the mag tek
    test
  11. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

test
  12. Equitius

Equitius Sacro Sanctus

Holla, holla.
    test
  13. Mister Gots

Mister Gots New Member

lackluster eh

hilarious
    test
  14. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

not as much controversy this week but still a nice read. :)
    test
  15. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

I should've been in the top ten, damnit. Where is Talent when you need him to put you in a top ten list? haha
    test
  16. Rygar's Penis

Rygar's Penis New Member

still no mentioning me..
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

is ASK Tekneek?
    Nice mag anyway.
    test
  18. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

infinite truth is peril eyes?????
    test
  19. Superscript

Superscript New Member

nice mag... nice interview. LOL, i remember when me, Iglos, Dsoul and I-Cite were always battlin with our records. We ran the battle board. haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.