The Contraversy Mag - by Tekneek

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Vern Acular, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

THE CONTROVERSY
    THE RSTL MAGAZINE THAT GRABS YOUR ATTENTION

What is up folks.. I am Boner Stabone and this is THE CONTROVERSY. This publicated thread is a magazine based on the ongoing events within the RSTL and is an unofficial column dealing with strictly opinionated observations. If you wish to contact me, my aim is: Verbatimental and if you wish to get at me personally, you can hit me at verbatimental@hotmail.com

Alright, let’s get into this. Now normally, this mag is usually covering the events and happenings for the RSTL but with interesting and noteworthy things happening in the RBL, I felt that to gain a wider audience for this would be beneficial and such for the site. So without further adue…. Let’s start it.

HALFWAY THRU 2004... WHO RULES?

We've come thru midway of this 2004 year... and I must say the question of WHO'S RULED THE YEAR is hard to determine... since the beginning has been extremely lackluster and quiet. In years past, the beginning of the new year would have things happening around the site with crew wars, tournaments, key figure textheads bashing one another… and all but for 2004, its been a very quiet and boring beginning.

Heading into the first month and a half, although some of the vets and heavyweights have been about but nothing big has been happening. RSTL and RBL were basically at its norm and as far as the excitement factor, it had to blow thru 2 months before any sort of big notable stuff was going down.

So who basically has taken the MVP title for the 1st half of 2004??? Who has graced and brought a broad presence factor in the eyes of the regulars in RMC? In previous years, about 2-3 names would be mentioned in a arguable debate thru observers, but this year no one person has really brought a gigantic impact enough to make a say. But if it had to be one person that I can think of that’s made his name felt and labeled vividly… it would be VERNACULAR.

VERN-ACULAR has developed a very well reputation of being an extremely excellent RSTL texthead. And with his participation of being the leader of his crew THE ELITE, the respect that he’s gained from his peers and the generation of his own crew has made a significant focus in his identity. Some could argue that VERN may not be the best ever in the RSTL, but for 2004, he’s accomplished a feat… being the most times champion in the RSTL. He surpasses both JOWELZ and PERIL-EYES and imprints his name in the Hall of Champions as being one of the most accomplished writers unquestionably.

And from the past, you’ve heard me blast VERN and write some pretty directive quotes about how he is NOT the greatest… but if I really had to think about who’s fully pushed thru the 6 months, it would be him. Some might say that OMEN or ISLAND can be argued as MVP of the 1st half, but while OMEN has won the RSTL tourney… he has been on hiatus for a time fighting for our country serving the military out in Europe… and while that would be reason why he’s not considered would indeed be unfair but it remains as that. I have respect for OMEN and am very much gratified for his well-demeanor as a person. But VERNACULAR has been an interactive person to folks and also has had his share of participating in the RBL as well.

For me, I personally have a great admiration for people who can topple into the top 10 on both leagues and bring about that versatile skill in writing and utilizing their intelligence in both fields. As a RSTL Mod, VERN becomes a big presence for the league and makes it look very respective and brings about a good reputation for skilled onlookers in wanting to try their hand in being in the RSTL. That utilization for selling his name and rep out to people makes him accustomed to followers and fans and basically gives + points to his name.

So what of people like ISLAND or ONEDUH???? While they both manage to successfully accelerate themselves to fame in the battling field, the one thing Ive seen dominantly around HOOKUPS is that Topical/story crews have been the popular thing. And while seemingly story/topic writers have been posting a lot in the HOOKUPS area, their presence gives them more of a spectacle overshadowing the presence of RBL battlers around the boards. While RBL contestants are more visual to arrogance, self-reliance, and ego… RSTL folks are more creative-minded, observant, and thought-provoking. And also… publicizing certain folks can also boost the notoriety of a texthead.. the RSTL participants show that and bring that to the audience a lot more. With mags and discussion threads based upon the RSTL itself, just mentioning things happening in the league and the people in it make more favorability known to them to be given these certain awards or titles… and with this combination of a RBL/RSTL mag here… I’m hoping that more combination can bring about people to be aware of who is making noise in the league and others too.

2004 belongs to VERNACULAR. 6 months more to come… and with yet another RSTL tournament coming up.. it may be seen that the prestige that the RSTL holds currently around the boards makes the people in this league make their presence felt more viewably. While VERN has retired and pattened his name in the Hall of Champions so proudly, will he be able to maintain this hold as MVP for 2004 right now???? Or will there be another RSTL head or even a RBL cat that will bear accomplishments and successes in overfocusing VERNACULAR???? We can only wait and see…. From now until the ending days of December. And that is a very long time away….

VERNACULAR is in the lead… but who will carry the latter half of 2004?

To be continued...​
    test
  2. Vern Acular

RBL SPECIAL: DOES DOUGH OR ISLAND REIGN SUPREME?

The latter part of midway 2004 has brought the vets back into the league.. and with that comes experience, veteranship and basically the knowhow on the heavyweights reclaiming the top spot of the RBL. But who takes the cake of 2004 thus far??? Dough??? Island??? Synthesis??? Idol Dot Z???? Oneduh??? Imperial???? Inkwell???? Oz?????

I can say one thing about the names I mentioned… they all are quality battlers. Most of them are above average most definitely. But in looking at the legends of the past in the early years of RMC, who benefits the most this time around?? Would the staggering consecutive wins of ISLAND make him or should I say THEM be shined upon the plaques of the greatest?? Or do the incoming noisemakers like OZ, ONEDUH, SYNTHESIS be considered to be futures of the RBL?

But how about the vets of IDOL DOT Z and the ever so knowing JOHN DOUGH? The RBL provides battlers to pick their poison and make their choice of who they feel is the best. But with so many good and successful battlers in the scene, it’s real hard to make that one choice at who brings that SUPREMACY title known to them.

In breaking it down further, I can only mention two names that explode vividly…. JOHN DOUGH and ISLAND. ISLAND is a combination of two battlers… ALOE and USERNAME. While some may totally wave them off and make them an asterisk champion of the RBL… the one thing that is impressive however is that both ALOE and USERNAME have had many matches… and with these matches they’ve gathered a horrendous amount of wins… all dating back since last year. With past confrontations with CALEFACTION and others… ISLAND provides a 1-2 punch of battleheads like KOBE and SHAQ. But while they have been destroying opponents, there is one thing that they’ve failed to do RECENTLY… do it on their own.

Why won’t ALOE come out of his shell and bring his name back in the RBL and wreak havik like he did when he 1st came to the RBL? Why must he use the ISLAND name to shape him at the top??? And how about USERNAME. He is as skilled as any other person I know textwise in the site but what really is the necessity of having two people share one name to win??? --- If anything you might as well create another name like LANDSCAPE and put JOHN DOUGH and MANIC D together and have them basically do the same. Why not do that??? Hell, that can be the start of a new trend of RBL battling…. Tag team verses together and intermix to bring a hardcoated presentation of a battle verse. But still…. I still find that bothersome. With the RBL mods allowing that, I guess ISLAND credits to having all their wins being both awarded to these two individuals.

But the true essence of a text battler is doing it all on your own. You sit,.. you think… you type and you show your wit and your comedic cleverness… and I can tell you right now.. that over 90% of the text folks here will appreciate JOHN DOUGH and everything he’s done. Hell, the boy’s been an egohead, a punkass, a comedic backlasher, your everyday texthead that loves to freepost and smacktalk at anyone he feels like… even me. But this arrogance and egotism that he first came with coming into RMC made him one of the most notorious and skilled battlers in RBL history. He comes back and proves time and time again why he’s the sickest. And in the past, Ive had many of static and hatred for this guy…. But credit him… he takes care of his ish and is dominantly one of the most consistent and stable text writers ever in RMC. The thing that makes it all so awesome… is that… in his most recent return to the boards, I saw a dramatic and stunning character change in his whole persona in the boards. He’s more humbled and a lot more to himself. None of what you knew about him as a egotistic, selfish, arrogant punkass who kicks ass in battling is ever seen anymore. He’s changed. But you know what, I think he’s changed for the MORE BETTER.

I have a lot more respect for the way he’s bringin himself about on the boards than he was in the past. Admittingly, in the past, he’s been comedic and funny at times but sometimes hateful in the eyes of others along with myself. But whether alignment he chooses to characterize, DOUGH is the master of the text battling field. He’s been in more great wars than probably anybody else ever in the history of the RBL. He’s fearless and thoroughly lets off his best when its at his face. And I appreciate that in him.

The one thing that really makes RBL special is when he regained #1 as RBL Champ yet again…. And signs out after accomplishing it. I love it… he came… he did.. and he left. Vintage DOUGH style.

ISLAND is skilled, ruthless, massive and ferocious… but DOUGH is consistent, fearless, maturated and legendary undisputedly.

This is much too hard to say…

But JOHN DOUGH gratifies the RBL too much … especially since years have gone and many who did the RBL successfully are no more… hell.. they all should return and see what DOUGH has done.. and still does it to this very day.. and probably always will.

2 of the greatest…

1 who refuses to stop.

Never underestimate the will of a Champ.

Its DOUGH time.

THE GOAT RETURNS TO RSTL! - BUT GOOD LIKE THE PAST?

There isn't much to say about JOWELZ, he's defined and a proven legend… and has been sucked into the drama of all that’s happened in the league within a matter of a couple weeks. What purpose is there however for him to be in the RSTL?? He’s basically done it all and really needs no reason to return.

Why you joining GOAT? What’s your reason to returning??? Is it cus the LOVE of writing manages to stay with you always???? Or is it that the fresh drama of the RSTL has made you relish the thought of doing it once more??? Like the same way DOUGH did to the RBL? What exactly is it???? Did the Goatfaced-croc miss us???

I don’t wanna go too much in JOWELZ because I’ve basically done stories on him way too many times… so Ill make this short and say this:

You make competition more difficult with you being in the RSTL… so in that sense you’re in the league to spoil other people of their reach to the top. Right???? Well whatever the purpose is… Welcome back Mr. Goat… you make the RSTL that much more exciting.​
    test
  3. Vern Acular

2 FOR 1 WEEK: NOT A BAD THING IF YOU ASK ME!
    From the recent magazine posted up by VERN-ACULAR in regards to driving the RSTL to better publicity, once again something new and different arises. 2 for 1 week. So what exactly is 2 for 1 week?

Basically to me what it is is a great marketing scheme in luring people into the RSTL. It’s a way of grasping attention for the benefit of the league. It’s a witty thought-out strategy in juicing up the drama around the league. I love it. VERN-ACULAR does it once again. I just finished reading his magazine and I must say that his utilization of conjuring these type of stipulations steadily add points to his moderating to new heights. Let’s just hope that the RSTL sucks it up and the number of replies on the sign-ins grow.

STORM-G… HIS GOD COMPLEX… DESERVING OR ALL FICTIONAL?

The guy has had a rapid descent in his respect level for a good almost year now and a lot of shunned him. However, the G-man has always maintained his skill in writing and is back like the others have… DOUGH, HIMSELF, and PHESUS. But where does STORM-G fit in to all this?? – Is he ready to show and prove that he is the best??? Or just a person with an identity crisis about his complex that he is divine?

To put it in a deeper perspective, STORM-G is indeed convincingly one of the nicest definitely without question. And his utilization of flows and wordplay together make a damn good verse when you read it. The thing that is so trademark of his character is that he always considers himself above all with his God Complex… and basically fails to any evidence or proof of it. And when he has… it seems that people sleep on him and fail to really know if he is the real deal or not.

As a topical cat, he possesses some serious writing ability, but when was the last time you ever seen him write something real dramatic??? And as a battlecat, his ego-driven persona perfects the transferring of his mind to his writing giving out a nice and rather funny battle verse when into the mix. But recently, his God Complex has brought too much of his mouth and too less of his fingers… and this is what makes most on the site feel that his complex is seen as all-fictional.

Whether if he cares or not, STORM-G knows that he’s good.. and for the most part he shows it…. Seldom. Often, he would post threads on the site claiming how great he is and how godly he is with no sense of anything to show. But since his RBL comeup… where people are the centerpiece of everything, this allows people to finally see how skilled STORM is.

I think that many who don’t participate in either the RSTL or RBL should showcase and represent the leagues online. This allows people to see them in their true light and notice at what potential or skill they have within what they do. I admittingly in the past did NOT feel so much of his ish before, but thru 4-5 verses I red from him consecutively reading each by each…. I knew he is capable of being greater than most in here.

The thing is… STORM-G needs to write more and shutup a bit… so the balancing of his mouth and his mind can equate to show the masses of his stuff. His GOD COMPLEX is shown at the wrong time. When the mouth screams… it would seem too fictional of his godly abilities… but thru utilizing a John Dough approach in attitude… STORM can bring about a much better shine and a lot more notoriety, having that be what will set him apart from his previous imagery…

And that… would be his ego...​
    test
  4. Vern Acular

SORRY NOIB, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE

In a league that befriends those that are not considered the greatest of the greatest, basically NOIB is one of the nicest but with the likes of THA TALENT… it just aint gonna happen. Too many people are stuck-into the prestige and the notoriety of THA TALENT to think that he has a chance. Basically his throng of “fans” will subject to probable favoritism in defending his title successfully. Just bring on TALENT vs INFINITE TRUTH.

NOIB, you my dogg, and you my boy… but thru the skill that befits both him and you… I just don’t see you winning it homie. THA TALENT, while I undoubtedly discredit his style of writing, he drives us with his hard-coated complexities in painting a picture with words vividly. From a skill standpoint, he is as equally as notorious as TRAP in that department and who I feel as just too much on a higher level. I feel that NOIB would have to bring his most complete and emotional against TALENT to even raise the question of the voters to see it in the other direction.

In a league that has many favorites and particular folks that they love to read on, TALENT hardly has a moment where he fails to write something flawed. And with the throng of fans that he may have, that may prove too much for NOIB to handle. Take nothing from NOIB, he has his moments and has those few occasions where he graces one of the most heart-driven verses ever… and I feel that for this particular match, this is mandatory and a must for him. He MUST come with his best to beat TALENT… point taken.

TALENT vs INFINITE TRUTH brings about a more presentable and attractive matchup, and might be what the people wish to order. But even they know that anything can happen… and when NOIB does NOT come his maximal, you can bet top dollar that that will be something that he wished he never experienced.

But his confidence is high. And his hopes are above. Stay keen and focused… and prove me wrong…

Right now… the ball’s in NOIB’s court…

WORD OF ADVICE: DO THE TOURNEY RBL MODS!!

Do you wanna see a hasty bit of RBL cats that are ready and willing to go at it against one another??? Do the tourney RBL Mods and witness how ferocious competition will be. The RSTL has done 3 tourneys already and is still going strong.

Word of advice to the RBL MODS… look at VERN-ACULAR, talk to IV… listen to TEK and see how the RSTL is driven to more excitement than the RBL is. The tourney may drive to some complications since the RBL presents a higher enrollment of people in the league. But by having a minimal amount of people in the RBL tourney, it will make things a lot more easier, and drive people to want to compete. If anything, the RBL folks are a lot more feistier and a lot more driven to wanna participate than the RSTL. The battlers love to read, post, and feel the competition of a tournament than being in a regular league schedule throughout the entire year. Make the step… and do this…

I know for a fact that the RBL will look up for sure. Bringing some ideas and stipulations to the league MIGHT prove something a bit more innovative. You never know.

IDOL DOT Z, STORM-G, VADIK, ORBIT: WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON?

I do see a lot of others in the RBL rankings that are noticeable and familiar that once were RSTL competitors. The reason why I entitled this particular story the way its shown is because they all share something in common --- they can write a topical and battle. I have respect for anyone that is able to provide above average skill in both departments. Writing and battling are different in ways, but for those folks who know the transition between what to write in a battle verse and a topical verse is true versatility and a broader mind in intelligence.

It’s sad to say that I USE TO obtain this skill. Now, Im left to write mags and write topical rhymes. But like FRACTURE, IDOL, STORM, VADIK and ORBIT are the notables who I personally have found familiar as those that deserve the utmost credit in THE CONTROVERSY. And I know by now, that they know… that all four always seem to be overlooked by me at anytime I write a mag, but I feel that this particular piece would suit them proud and satisfied.

I honestly have a great respect for textheads who are swingmen writers. I think I personally should take back everything I said about VADIK and actually commend on his success so far in the RBL, and would like one of the folks to TRY to do a FRACTURE and reach #1 in both RBL and RSTL in the same week. That would be something special for the mag. This also credits and makes a great hype story on THE CONTROVERSY most definitely.

IDOL DOT Z is a true veteran to the league. A former RSTL champion and currently the #1 ranked RBL cat… IDOL gets my definite respect for this feat. From talking with him in the past, he is seemingly a lot more favored as a battler than a RSTL writer. His persona is very wild, and feisty and is no stranger to humor and punchlines and is suited proper at where he is. ORBIT also shares that same character also. With a pretty good track record in the RSTL even though for a brief time… it seems as if battling is more to his liking and to his usefulness… and both are deservingly credited to that hold.

I hope that many who are in the RSTL and RBL find the curiousity in competing in the OTHER league and try their hand at creatively broadening their minds in writing and attempting to base some wit and thought in both leagues…. Providing them a better sense of their identity in writing. All four cats here are perfect examples and knowing that there are many out there who CAN do this… it would be very uplifting to both me and you to try that.

That is all for the CONTROVERSY, join me next week as we delve into the deeper roots of what goes on in the RBL and the RSTL.

For RMC… this is Boner Stabone saying… stay erect!

STAY TUNED……. THE CONTROVERSY WILL BE SHOWN.​
    test
  5. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

That was crap...

Fucking hypocrite

'verns not worth the hype'

10 minutes later...

'wheres verns dick? yeah, he's best of 2004'
    test
  6. Vern Acular

sexy mag might i add
    test
  7. 6th_plague

test
  8. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

whats the name of this mag?

thank u.
    test
  9. 6th_plague

Thats not contrevesry you moron...
    test
  10. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

you know, if you read it without thinking about hypocritical statements dealing with previous mags, you will find this is a good mag.
    ...and i think that's what tek is going for.
    test
  11. Rygar's Penis

Rygar's Penis New Member

yay

i finally got mentioned

more on me next week plz!
    test
  12. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word good stuff Tek...I didnt read shit about the RBL but I dont care about the RBL

still good though
    test
  13. 6th_plague

I know, I told him that on aim Talent...
    test
  14. JOWELZ

JOWELZ Bah Fangooly Da Bear

back cuz I'm bored and I lost ungodly sums of money playing Partypoker
    test
  15. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I'm the under under dog now in the league... look at the names in the top 10 and then you got my ass stuck up in there...lol
    test
  16. Idol Dot Z

Idol Dot Z Capo Status

imma legend. i got that crack.
    test
  17. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

nice read. Enjoyed every syllable down to the last period. PROPS for the time out to do shit like this. I know I dont have the time. So I am very grateful to be in a leauge that demotes this much time to such mags as this one and the Tribune. :)
    test
  18. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

nice shit tek......a agree first half of this year been a bit boring but vern would get my mvp too...
    test
  19. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Yeah Good shit Tek...

I def wouldn't say I deserve any mentions for this year. I left at the end of 2003 so I haven't done anything for this year worth mentioning other than the tourney... but thats cool.. Vern I would say has held it down this half so far...

Good work though on this.. wonder what your bringing next week...
    test
  20. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

Blah.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.