"The Condemned" shoulda came out 8 years ago.....

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by i Luv Da Cock, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

I'm sorry but this shit is 8 years too late, are u fucking kidding me?

They shoulda came out with Stone Cold/The Rock headlined movies the way they are doing with Cena and Kane....Kane is a little different because he's constantly changing and isn't the biggest star on the roster. We witnessed him grow over the 8 years he's been with the WWE, so it's okay for him to be in a horror movie that suits his mask-less image.

But this is different, because Austin has been out of average fans' consciousness for a good 7-6 years. Remember when The Rock was featured in The Mummy Returns? 90% of people went to see that movie just cuz he was in it, albeit being heavily disappointed after such a brief cameo. But his mere name, along with his back-then massive popularity made The Mummy Returns a SHIT load of money, despite being such a shitty movie. But that was cuz the Rock was still in his peak back then, he was in the WWE, and he was in his transition from "biggest wrestler today" to "future movie star".

But this is totally different. Austin reached his prime in popularity, mainstream and wrestling-wise, years and years ago.

Now the only ppl who will even know that he has a movie out are the few couple thousand fans who still watch the dark ages of wrestling (ie now).
    test
  2. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

i was thinking the same thing. actually i think about that quite often. ive heard mcmahon doesnt like people doing anything else other than his wrestling show.. he got mad when angle brought up his 30 million dollar mma contract offer.

they work 350 days out of the year.. i guess there isnt much time for anything else. : /
    test
  3. ChopStick

If you just think if Austin & Rock did a movie together 8 years ago.. how huge that would've been.
    test
  4. i Luv Da Cock

If Austin and the Rock made a movie in the attitude era, it woulda been the biggest earning movie that year, regardless of critical acclaim.

Cuz everyone was watching wrestling back then.
    test
  5. ChopStick

Yup. It's too bad theres a lot of egos in the WWE. They've managed to drop the ball on a lot of things.. including the "invasion"
    test
  6. i Luv Da Cock

They really need that major, breakthrough star if the WWE ever hopes to make it truly big in the movies.

I'm surprised that they even made the Marine and See No Evil, at this day and age, where like everyone here says "wrestling isnt a hot commodity right now"
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

See No Evil really wasn't a surprise considering the horror genre is pretty popular with new horror films coming out all the time, and most starring little known actors. So WWE just tried to get their piece of the action. Marine was just your typical action flick which are usually popular regardless. Marine has made pretty good money on DVD though, it has already about equalled the theatrical gross
    test
  8. i Luv Da Cock

Nah i understand its business, but like I said if the names were bigger theyd be pulling way more money in.

The Marine pretty much flopped in the box office, and See No Evil was just one of the five hundred generic horror flicks that come out each year. Not bashing the movies themselves, but if it's just a "Piece of the pie" the WWE is trying to get, it's not much of a slice compared to what they COULD have got when Austin or The Rock was in their prime.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.