the College Conspiracy: is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Alias3000, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  3. AdHominem

AdHominem Veni, vidi, vici

Wow, just from the start of the video I could tell it was trash.

Let me not equivocate, there is a problem with college and the problem is that it is too expensive. I go to a flagship university, and it keeps getting more and more expensive.

It is true that universities have gotten more expensive, but a lot of that is because now students have to front the bill for the research the university does, and it's become a more competitive environment for professors.

I don't think that there is really a way out of this issue, and the video you posted was crap. I consider myself a fan of limiting access to college education, although that may not be popular.
    test
  4. Alias3000

It was an excellent well-made video breaking down the facade that is College and Universities.

when you finally start getting your bills from tuition for the next 20 years, you'll understand.
    test
  5. AdHominem

Don't start on me, I'll probably end up paying six figures in debt sometime down the road for law school.

Anyway.

It was garbage. First off, Gerald Celente is not an expert, and doesn't know shit about anything. He's a conspiracy nut who has an "institute" that does nothing but predict economic disaster. He's right every one in a million times, and any time he's right or close to right he trumpets it up like hes a real economist, intellectual, or sane person.

He's really like a psychic in ways. He doesn't have any acutual research and knowledge, but just spits broad garbage. Here's what his predictions look like.

"In the future, Americans will have to get by on less and the world banking industry will get rich off of this". Hot garbage.

Anyway, this video is a bunch of overstated hyperbole about hyperinflation. and most of the video is just these idiots trying to sell gold. There will not be hyperinflation in a shrinking economy like ours, that is absurd. Prices go down in a recession. I know that some prices (I.E. food) are currently rising, but that's becasue of a food shortage.

Anyway, this National Inflation Association taht put out this video is a fraud anyway.

test
  6. Alias3000

Then this proves the documentary to be valid. the rest of your rant is just your opinions.

test
  7. AdHominem

I never stated that college wasn't overpriced, but rather that these people have very wrong, and dare I say disingenuous answers.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i highly doubt many of the college conspiracy people would hate college if it was free....so the only conspiracy if you could call it that is that its retardedly expensive, specially when you get into the private colleges like devry and ITT Tech... they have tuitions of over 40g's and higher for 2 yr courses that only get you a diploma or certificate.... among their degree courses.

so we all can agree that if you plan out your education properly its beneficial. Specially if your field of interest isnt a trade. Not all jobs can be trades.

yes there are tonnes of degrees that get you nowhere but its your fault for not researching and planning a route towards enhancing your employment opportunities and taking basket weaving.
    test
  9. AdHominem

There is no conspiracy, that's just a name these people made up to make their video sound more edgy.

Also, for profit "colleges" like Devry and ITT Tech should be outlawed, they are built to fuck people over.
    test
  10. Alias3000

This is exactly WHY it's a conspiracy. the interests rate on the return money is astronomical. and students shouldn't have such high tutition bills 10-15 years AFTER college. that's crazy dude.

the interest rate shouldn't be more than 0.00000000001%

they are saddlebagging college students with debt soon as the hleave the campus. they spend the next 10-15 years paying back college loans.and still can't find a job in their field. . that's madness.
    test
  11. AdHominem

It's not a conspiracy, what do you expect banks to do when they know they can make a forune off of students? Moral hazard is part of banking.

Once again, the problem is access and funding to education, not necessarially the price of such education. You fix one the others follow.
    test
  12. Alias3000

BULLSHIT, the Federal government pisses away more money for Defense budget in a month. there's funding. the trick is how they ass rape college students with high interest rate tuitions.

get a clue.
    test
  13. tequila togorgeous

tequila togorgeous New Member

The great thing about the profit and loss system is that it has the tendency to concentrate resources in the hands of those most able to utilise them effectively. Those who utilise resources wisely accrue a profit and access to still greater resources. Those who utilise them foolishly and post losses lose control of resources.

Typically the government gums this whole deal up but the american university system is a rare instance of government intervention actually aiding rather than impeding this process. It's very clear to me that someone who thinks its a good idea to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a gender studies degree needs to be hammered with debt and stripped of any assets they have and any they might luck into along the way. Society benefits the more privileged morons get scammed and their wealth gets freed up to use by people with a brain.
    test
  14. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Barely paid anything for college or law tuition. Do NOT under estimate the value of standardized tests!!! Scholarships are out there, and they keep you honest. You'd study your ass off too if getting under a 3.0 would mean losing almost a hundred grand...
    test
  15. Alias3000

Coons lining up for Federal Free money everyday at the HBCU's, guaranteed they'll have to pay it back.
    test
  16. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Coons, huh? Free money? That's how you validate it THIS time, huh?
    test
  17. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

It may be madness, but it isn't a "conspiracy."

Does your reliable research account for the "graduates" who did nothing but piss away their tuition money by partying too hard, getting shit grades, and barely earning a degree? Or the people majoring in fields that don't offer too much opportunity unless you pursue much higher education?

The way I see it from reading this thread. You watched one or two videos that supported something you feel strongly about and didn't question their accuracy.

Suckers huh.. Let's see here...

Here's what I get after four years of college. A job I enjoy, working only eight hours a day (no weekends) with no hard labor, with amazing pay. Not to mention benefits that will take care of my family if I were to die, if I were to get injured, as well as retirement benefits. Am I in debt right now? Yeah. But I wont be in a year or so. And with that factor in that I now live in a gated community in a nice ass neighborhood, can afford to take care of my parents and help with their bills, help pay for my sisters tuition.. and shit. I don't think I feel like a sucker at all. Oh, and I paid my way through college working jobs with people that went to tradeschool. They wished they went to college.

On a related note though, for those that don't want to go to college... get into the horse selling business lol... it's lucrative as hell if you can front the startup costs haha... i died when my coworker was telling me about it
    test
  18. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Some people dont need money to be happy,some people dont need college to know how things work.

[​IMG]
    test
  19. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Simply getting a degree isn't enough you need to be prepared to get into a field that is in demand. You should be aware of the risks if you go for a liberal arts degree or any other major that doesn't have any demand. There is nothing wrong with going to a trade school as long as you have a plan.
    test
  20. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Bill Gates was a genius with an almost perfect SAT score who dropped out of Harvard. He was going to be successful whether he created Microsoft or not.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.