The BEST protein bars. LIST YOUR FAVORITES

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Snik Diesel, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

I will admit I like METRX. I've tried many random bars from GNC and forget the names.
    But lately I get Premium Nutrition's PROTEIN bars from CostCo.. Low sugar, 30g protein or so, good cals, not bad carbs (25 I think). Cheaper in BULK.

List yours
    test
  2. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

he doesn't make them anymore but joe defranco's bars were really good...most bars are terrible though...metabolic drive bars are cool...im not a big fan of most bars though...
    test
  3. ESPN Deportes

ESPN Deportes ¬°Viva Atleticos!

Only tried two so far and didn't like either of them.

Myoplex was more tolerable than MetRX, but I still couldn't hold it down.

They make me gag.
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Make you gag? That sucks.

Wow, I actually ENJOY the bars I've eaten. Taste good to me. *shrug*
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i tried a couople. only ones i really like are the nitro-tech chocolate and peanut butter ones.

only ones that actually tasted like a candy bar.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

test
  7. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

Metabolic Drive. only protein bars ive had that actually taste good and ARENT made from soy.
    test
  8. Snikka

Firstly, I've read a lot of articles on soy and really there's nothing wrong with it. I enjoy edamame seeds a lot.

Secondly, I was thinking of trying those metabolic drive bars. I think those are next.
    test
  9. supacilious

john berardi has a good article on soy on tnation...but any heavily processed soy can't be good for you...and that is the kind mainly found in bars
    test
  10. Snikka

There is nothing wrong with soy protein. I wouldn't use it as a primary protein supplement, but in moderation it has TONS of benefits. lol @ calling it not good for you. Moderation is key.

I've seen pictures of some natural vegan / vegetarian bodybuilders who were pretty big who supplemented with some soy also.

Go Read, one opinion on t-nation isn't the end all of the debate:

Bodybuilding.com - Ivan Blazquez - Soy: A Bodybuilder's Friend Or Foe?
    Bodybuilding.com - David Robson - Soy Vs. Whey: The Latest Research!
    Bodybuilding.com - Will Brink - The Vindication Of Soy Protein!
    test
  11. Snikka

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin to back my point.
    test
  12. supacilious

i didn't say soy was bad, but there is a CORRECT way to include soy in the diet...there is obviously a huge difference between tempeh or Edamame vs textured soy products...and you have to take that into account when constructing your diet...

and people act like soy is the only protein source for vegetarians....when there are plenty of vegetables and grains that contain protein besides soy...and many vegetarian bodybuilders include eggs and whey in their diets...but even without eggs or dairy, you could get in plenty of protein through whole food sources...imo, there is no need for textured soy products or a large amount of soy isolates in the diet...
    test
  13. supacilious

and metabolic drive bars are not exactly ideal either...they taste A LOT better than your average protein bar, but they contain a lot of crap ingredients...

I think a better choice is to drink a shake with energy sources added in like oats, nut butters, carb powders, grinded nuts, fruits, milled flax seed, etc...

Now to keep things realistic....is eating a protein bar going to adversely affect your health?...most likely not...but in terms of optimizing your diet...i think there are better options
    test
  14. Snikka

Good posts.
    test
  15. jaz08

jaz08 New Member

I'm taking Meso Tech Complete Bars and Nitro Tech bars. Meso tech is perfect for high-protein diet while Nitro Tech Bars are also high protein but have a lower carb and sugar content.
    test
  16. Snikka

good looks.
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I like Pure Protein bars, they come in a ton of different flavors and the local grocers have them on sale a lot. Otherwise I don't go out of my way to get protein bars.
    test
  18. i dont get into protein bars much.. i need to add more protein besides shake... this muscle milk is killing me... im going to switch back to whey or biotest's metabolic drive... , what are the best bars to get if i need to loose some wieght? im not trying to gain
    test
  19. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

Do it by diet. Trust me on that. It's much better for you and you will also see better results.
    test
  20. test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.