the best producer?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by TWAMP$iN, Oct 3, 2006.

?

the best producer?

1. RZA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RJD2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BLOCKHEAD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. DJ QUIK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. STOUPE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. HAVOC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. PRIMO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. HI-TEK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9TH WONDER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. DRE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah, lemme add.....

Jay-Z's favorite producer is Kanye....... Talib Kweli's best works were with Kanye (IN MY OPINION - that's one of my favorite MC's of all-time also)..... Common said his best musical album was with Kanye.... hmm........ that's three of the top 10 greatest MC's of all-time right there
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah, Kanye also produced a decent amount on John Legend's album (speakin' of albums outta the genre) and that albums one of the illest R&B albums I've heard 'n I've been listenin' to R&B since the early 90's......
    test
  3. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

you admitted you don't know shit about producing so why do you keep arguing like you know what the hell you're talking about?

kanye isn't a great producer, he can find dope samples but he doesn't do anything amazing with them, listen to scarface - in cold blood & talib kweli - lonely people, then go listen to the sampled tracks and if you don't think any producer with a decent amount of drum pattern creating skills couldn't make those you're retarded, and on any track that kanye doesn't rely heavy on a sampled loop he has other musicians play the added instrument parts and they themselves are producers to so its actually more of a co-production cause kanye didn't tell them what to play

i could post random instrumentals and you couldn't tell if they were kanye or not, ALOT of instrumentals get incorrectly named produced by kanye cause his styles easy to mimmic, hell just listen to any of the post-roc dipset shit its loaded with kanye type beats

kanye can find dope samples, which ain't even that big of an accomplishment considering the shit he samples 90% of producers wouldn't even bother with cause of the cost to clear it but he has the budget to do it so he don't care

give kanye, just blaze, rjd2, & hi tek the same sample and i guarantee kanye will have the wackest least creative beat
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Well, if that's the case, Dr. Dre is a HORRIBLE producer because he does that even more than Kanye... So does Eminem.......... So does Timbo, when he gets the REAL instruments played... So does

And you don't have to know THAT MUCH about producing to know that Kanye is dope... I've been in studios for the last 5 years wit producers....

If sampling was THAT EASY, I ask again, WHY DO THE 8 MILLION PRODUCERS I HEAR THAT TRY TO BITE THAT KANYE STYLE AFTER HE BLEW, CAN'T MAKE BEATS HALF AS DOPE??!?!?!

And yes it is Kanye cuz he's pickin' what melody goes on where on the beat.... They just basically freestyle shit 'n he chooses what he likes.... Dre does that too... Eminem too..... Eminem said he LEARNED THAT FROM DRE... So does that make Dre a wack producer? get the fuck outta here

I disagree..... I've heard 100's of beats where du's tried to emulate Kanye 'n didn't pull it off even close... I'd like to hear those, if that's the case

He also layers them very well, switches drum patterns, 'n has dope climaxes in a lotta his tracks... He puts together the samples well... There's plenty of shit anyone can sample and everyone can have the same records....... The fact is, NOT EVERYONE THAT DOES WHAT KANYE DOES MAKES BEATS HALF AS HOT....... PERIOD

I disagree.... But we'll never know............
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Oh yeah... And Lonely People... I heard the original... Eleanor Rigsby... It does sound identical but I think he was bein' lazy on that one because he knew he wasn't gonna get it cleared anyway....... That's still my favorite Kweli song, ever tho'....

But he has shit that sounds nothing like what he sampled from, IMO
    test
  6. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

allow me to throw in a few more cents now that a little sanity has been brought to the discussion.....

Eminem is a wack ass producer...period...he's gotten(is that a word? lol)better over time, and has a few heaters, but on the whole he sucks majorly....

A big difference between Dre and kanye is that dre composes the original skeleton....not to mention with all the extra shit dre adds in with orchestras, vocals, etc the beat and the whole team wouldn't be shit WITHOUT DRE'S MIX and DRE'S MELODY....Daz always bitches about how dre stole production credit from him for the DPG DOGG FOOD LP but truth is DRE MIXED THE WHOLE THING...DAZ' beats woudn't have sounded half ass good if DRE DIDN'T MIX them shits....Dre can take a simple melody and mix it to sound larger than life....that's the whole genius of Dilla, or should I say was...dilla can take the grimiest sample and mix that muthafucca like cake mix.....his shit sounds clean but still has a dirty hiphop feel to it....that's the dopest part about DONUTS...

like I said, there are plenty of producers who can do what Kanye does, and alot do it better imo...Heads like RJD2(better), OHNO(better), MADLIB(better), Hi-TEK(equal), 9thWonder(not as dope as kanye imo), and ofcourse JUS MUTHAFUCKIN' BLAZE, the don of commercial sampling, and plenty more..Blaze is like a lil Dilla with the chopping, dude is a beast......

Kanye is the shit...his beats are fresh like baby breath....added in with the fact that he down right makes GOOD COMMERCIAL HIPHOP MUSIC......but he's far from the best..when I say best im talking about production ability not personal subjectivity......
    test
  7. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

uhhh that was a beatles track he sampled on lonely people thats why it didn't get cleared lmfao
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ Obviously.... Eleanor Rigsby is the name of the song
    test
  9. skitzo8816

skitzo8816 New Member

lmao at no Dilla, No Pete Rock, No Buckwild, No Beatminerz, No Marley Marl, Fuck outta here with Stoupe and RjD2 being on there but nahhh no Dilla... no Diamond D... LMAO... ask Ninth Wonder who he got his style from... (Pete Rock)
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

you sound like a little whiny girl. hating on Stoupe and RJD2? haha, ok,

THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.
    test
  11. TripC

TripC Smoke Drink Fuck

i know most of you think im full of shit and all.... but if your lookin for someone to dub best producer check out pda, i aint even kidding,
    www.myspace.com/pdaonline
    test
  12. skitzo8816

skitzo8816 New Member

Banana Dancing on your face

hahaha ight whitey, positive rep me some more, then make a new thread, with Pete Rock in it, Dilla in it, Buckwild in it, Beatminerz in it, Marley Marl in it, and whos hating on Stoupe? He's the only positive think JMT have to offer... but he's in no way up with Legends like Buckwild or PR or Dilla... fuck outta here...

oh yeah... i'll tell my text not to sound whiny next time
    test
  13. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

whitey heh? that's a real good clown, how original and patriotic. you must be of African or Latin descent which automatically makes you very "cool". much more than us simple minded and dreaded "whitey's" though. oh yeah, i'm not white, sorry, try again. fuck a new thread, you're the one crying, you should make a new thread.

the fuck outta my thead, biatch.
    test
  14. mrdee

mrdee New Member

for the record if anybody cares producing is not just making a beat its constructing a song
    test
  15. skitzo8816

skitzo8816 New Member

lmao at twampsin getting frustrated at his lack of hip hop knowledge.. another rap fan... leave hip hop to the experienced listeners
    test
  16. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. you're not even close to my level so i'm not bothered by your 2 cents. take that and go make a wish or something.
    test
  17. skitzo8816

skitzo8816 New Member

im not on your level? but you dont put dilla as a top rated producer... meanwhile Stoupe gets respect? your an internet herb... fuck out of here... hop off
    test
  18. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

it's not working. your defense, that is.
    get a good lawyer then get back at me with a good argument.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.