the best producer?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by TWAMP$iN, Oct 3, 2006.

?

the best producer?

1. RZA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RJD2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BLOCKHEAD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. DJ QUIK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. STOUPE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. HAVOC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. PRIMO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. HI-TEK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9TH WONDER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. DRE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPT1CZ

OPT1CZ New Member

....WERD......
    test
  2. Wigger Walter

Wigger Walter New Member

This Twampson guy must be mentally retarded leaving Scott Storch and Alchemist off [funny]

This idiot puts RZA instead of them? [funny]

Twamson needs to STOP posting on the forums and also STOP breathing.
    test
  3. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

yeah, that's it, i'm mentally retarded.
    i need to stop breathing, yeah, that's right.

*stop forcing smiley faces*
    test
  4. Mr. Key

Mr. Key Heron and sex in one....

How can you make a best producers list and leave out Timbaland? He might not be the best, but he is Top 5 easily. This nigga has so many hits under his belt its ridiculous.
    test
  5. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

well, i feel the ones i dropped before Timbaland are better. that's why i did that.
    test
  6. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Personally.....Dre's list of songs produced, the success he's had since the damn 80's, the sales he's generated, and artists he's put out automatically makes him #1 as far as his impact goes...regardless of who's style you may like better. I think DJ Quik is the most talented as far as what he does musically, but as far as actually producing for artists and albums, he doesn't come close to Dre. Nobody is close when it comes to that.
    test
  7. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

i agree. Quik gets madd slept on. and i bet nobody here even heard of Blockhead or few of RJD2.

*SMH*
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? I don't think ANY of those cats make beats like Kanye... It's a completely different style... What you're sayin' Kanye does is what 9th Wonder does... Kanye doesn't do what 9th Wonder does... Kanye is on another level from 9th Wonder and I love 9th Wonder's shit... You're on drugs...........

And that's dumb as shit... So that's like sayin' when Timbaland gets an orchestra or a guitar player or anyone to come into the studio to play certain melodies (due to the fact that he wants the raw feel of the instrument) then he didn't produce that track... Kanye had to say... "I like it like that... that's how I want it..."

he still created the beat... John Bryan just played melodies because Kanye obviously doesn't know how to play an organ like John Brian would be able to do....

And yes, Real People is but there's 100 other beats that aren't like Real People... You just chose one outta how many beats Kanye's made? Go listen to 2 Words... Is that just a loop? Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense....

And I don't even know beats to that level but that's such an obvious that Kanye does WAYYYYYYYYYY more than loop a beat....

And you're on crack.... Premo straight loops samples... ONCE AGAIN, what you CLAIM is what Kanye does... Don't get me wrong, Premo's one of my favorite producers EASILY... Kanye's style is COMPLETELY different from Premo too... Way more layers 'n beat switches... Are you crazy? And RIP Dilla 'n he's a legend but I'll take Premo and Kanye over him anyday

And my point remains, he's my favorite AND I think he's the best... And where the fuck did Mr. Cockiness himself say that he's not the best or nowhere near it? This is a du' that says he revolutionized hip hop (which he didn't but he CLAIMS that)... I couldn't picture him sayin' that....

And once again, beats to me is about sound... It's how well you can make the music that the artist sings or spits over... He's the best producer to me because he makes the best sounding beats... That's my opinion but I feel he's the best due to that... If you cannot understand that, you're VERY slow......

Even Hov says Kanye's his favorite producer to work with... Some of a lot of artists best work came with Kanye's beats..... My favorite Kweli tracks are produced by Kanye... (I Try, Lonely People, Get By, Guerilla Monsoon Rap, and Good to You)............. And bein' Kweli has that many classic tracks, that's saying a LOT
    test
  9. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I actually remember Kanye saying in an interview that DJ Quik is the best producer....I don't think he said "of all time" but I remember it going something like "how do you feel about DJ Quik" and he was like "oh Quik? Yeah, he's probably the best" or somethin along those lines....I gotta find it.
    test
  10. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

WHAAAATEVER....unlike you, I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.....Im not going to argue with your dorky ass til the cows come home....lol...

...you couldnt name three projects(clue!!! dilla has three classics under his belt, two are not within the hiphop genre) dilla produced without the help of google and wikipedia so save all that dilla is a legend shit, u aint up on dilla so dont front like you are...kanye isnt close to dude skill or accomplishment wise.....what real hiphop head would ever pick Kanye over Dilla? that's like picking some fake gucci over some real prada......as for Premo.... to claim all he does is loop is ridiculous when his scratching is so prolific and plays such a significant part within the structure of the beat...not to mention he can cut up a sample viciously...

if you have ever worked around producers you know they create a skeleton version of the beat...like the raw product.... Kanye just picks the sample and the drums and programs the beat, Kanye does not produce the final product hands on, but that doesnt mean he didnt play a significant role in the process......I look at a beat like a naked body, all the extra shit is just clothing, its not the actual flesh...timbo composes his own melodies, HE DOESNT SAMPLE, that alone seperates him from kanye...Blaze does the same thing with live instruments and keyboards, but his skeleton is alot more complex also...he cuts up samples until they sound totally different, recreating his own melody....his SKELETON body is alot more intricate, so is timbo's...

Kanye does just loop, he might add to the loop afterwords, but his primary skeleton is almost always a looped sample....for ex, beats like....TOUCH THE SKY, REAL PPL, FAITHFUL TO THE END, GOLD DIGGER, DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, The Corner, Through the Wire, SELFISH, THE COOL, GO, THEY SAY,etc are all just loops....

P.s....Kanye did make those comments about Blaze being a superior producer and dilla being the greatest but I refuse to go looking for the exact statements just to prove a point on the net, I remem he said the shit about blaze in the XXL a couple of years back...
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm sure you know what you're talkin' 'bout but you can't see that most of Premo's beats are looped up......

What're you talkin' 'bout? I heard most of Detroit Deli... I got the Donuts instrumental CD... I heard all the shit he's done with Common....... Common's one of my favorite MC's, if you didn't know.......

His beats are dope... They're not on the level of Kanye's tho'........ MUSICALLY, Be was Common's best album.......... Common said it himself................

Kanye worked on most of the project... You think there's a coincidence?

Get the fuck outta here with that ignorance......... And his scratching is on hooks...... I'm talkin' 'bout the beat in general... During the verses, it's mostly looped up shit..... Get the fuck outta here......

And I know producers create skeleton's... That's in ANY form of music... When an orchestra plays some symphony, they don't just write it all at once... They put it together piece by piece 'n there's somethin' most of the other instruments play around...... And you can look at a beat as a naked body... But you know what they say, "clothes makes the man"? When you go to a presentation (such as presenting your beat), you dress to impress... Kanye does just that and I don't mean his Gucci......

And I know Timbo doesn't sample... He's nasty wit it.... But that doesn't separate him........ Just cuz one producer samples and the other doesn't, doesn't make the one who doesn't better..... It's who comes out with the better product.... If a car maker takes a whole bunch of parts from the best cars 'n builds the best car in the world, it's better than some car maker that creates all their own parts 'n builds just a great car....

Kanye does just loop, he might add to the loop afterwords, but his primary skeleton is almost always a looped sample....for ex, beats like....TOUCH THE SKY, REAL PPL, FAITHFUL TO THE END, GOLD DIGGER, DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, The Corner, Through the Wire, SELFISH, THE COOL, GO, THEY SAY,etc are all just loops....

You don't need to prove anything..... I'm fine..... Eminem once said Kurupt was a better MC than him....... That doesn't say much.....

TO ME, Kanye still makes the best beats... The person who makes the best beats is the best producer to me... PERIOD
    test
  12. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

rjd2 shits all over kanye with sampling and composing
    test
  13. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

..I swear I was not going to reply again but I couldnt help it after reading this piece of shit response, no matter how wrong u are u keep going, like a retarded energizer bunny....

as for Kanye.....

if clothes make the man John Bryan is buying all of Kanye's fits....and you are right, Dilla shit isnt on Kanye's level, Its above.....like I said, no truly educated hiphop head who knows about production and better yet knows about dilla's contribution to the hiphop genre would ever make such an outlandish claim, you're fucking clueless...comparing Kanye to dilla is like comparing Koby to some bench warmer on ya highschool JV squad lol...Dilla innovated the art of production, he started the deep base lines, the loud kicks and snares, the dirty samples, fuck are u talking about? thats the prob, U DONT KNOW.....

as for Dilla......

Dilla did ONE BEAT on detroit deli, fuck u mean u heard most of it? lol ....WAGEED did most of DD, Trinity, and the last slum lp..... donuts was JayDee's LAST beat disc, he had plenty of material before that, most heads who werent up on dilla copped donuts after he died so they could see what all the fuss was about, *coug* like YOU!!! *cough* lol...you probally havent heard enough dilla to have this debate with me, you can front all you want, I DONT BELIEVE U, U NEED MORE PEOPLE lol....

a lil dilla history for dat ass......

....Dilla produced BADUISM AND VODOO, Erykah Badu and DeAngelo's debuts, possibly two of the best neo soul lps in the last decade......He also produced common's most critically acclaimed lp "Like Water for Chocolate" and the Pharcyde's classic "Running Away"..not to mention alot of Roots, Tribe, Busta, and De La not to mention his own solo classic Welcome to the D...Kanye's catalogue doesnt compare....

now its time to put ya foot in ya mouth about "BE", READY?, GO!!!!......

Dilla was supposed to do the WHOLE BE lp but he got extremely sick and was not able to finish the lp....Dilla and Common were best friends....lol at you implying that they went with kanye becuzz he is superior to dilla when they actually used kanye for promotional value....common wanted to move more units and Kanye wanted to work with Common...hence common signs to GOOD.....Common moved in WITH DILLA'S MOM when Dilla got sick and lives with her to this day....they recorded all of BE at dilla's house....do ya homework before u come to class bitch boi....like I said, unlike you, I know what im talking about....YOU SADLY DO NOT....

you have OFFICIALLY BEEN SHUT THE FUCK DOWN....I will never reply in this thread again, EVEEEEEEEER.....we'll continue the debate when u actually know what's what...
    test
  14. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

woooooorrd, damn I feel like an idiot for forgetting about dude...He shits all over kanye, so does Madlib and Jus blaze imo....
    test
  15. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

word madlibs got a dope original style, jus blaze's talent with flipping samples is ridiculous
    test
  16. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

RZA and DJ Premier are my favorite producers...Havoc's really good too, some of my favorite beats though I couldn't tell ya who made em, but these are my faves.
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

you're just retarded...........

Above where? They must be trickin' you some camera angle shit wit Kanye hangin' upside down cuz there's no way Dilla's shit's iller than Kanye's......

And I'm not denying Dilla's CONTRIBUTION... CONTRIBUTION 'n DOPENESS are different categories.... Dilla's contribution is bigger than Kanye's, OBVIOUSLY... But Kanye's beats are better....

Yeah, Dilla is that high schooler then... haha... Sike, that's madd disrespectful..... Lemme stop........

Innovation and greatness are different too........ Dre innovated production too... And he's the one who got me into hip hop in the late 80's with all them layers of samples he used........ And I do know what Dilla was doin'....... WHAT YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE CONCEPT OF IS A BEAT IS HOW IT SOUNDS... IF I FEEL KANYE'S BEATS SOUND BETTER, THEY'RE BETTER TO ME!!! If I feel Kanye's beats sound better, then he's the better producer.... If he makes beats I like more, then he's obviously the better producer to me........ Are you fuckin' dumb?

No, WTF are you talkin' about... How many beats did Dilla do for Common? I have all his albums... EXACTLY... So what's your point?

Yeah, Like Water for Chocolate is my favorite Common album but not cuz the music/beats.... And my favorite track on that album? Sixth Sense... Produced by DJ Premiere... NOT A DILLA TRACK........

And Kanye hasn't been in the game as long as Dilla so obviously, he won't have as large a catelogue YET... But even from that, I feel his shit more..........

Wow... Bitch boi... CLEVER

And know, I didn't know that but what does that have to do with anything? COMMON HIMSELF SAID BE WAS HIS BEST ALBUM, MUSICALLY....... MEANING BEATS!!!!! Who produced the majority of BE? hmm....

exactly... you're done... THAT CAME OUTTA COMMON'S OWN MOUTH!!!

wow... you're dumb

It's quality, not quantity... And not knockin' Dilla's shit cuz I like his shit on Like Water for Chocolate.............. LIKE I SAID, MY FAVORITE COMMON ALBUM...
    So go get fuckin' smart........
    test
  18. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

word the fuck up!
    test
  19. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

fuck did u type all that for? ^did u think I was joking? let me guess, u thought I was fronting like u were about being a dilla fan, right? ...I WAS NOT, lol.....shit, I broke my word by even openning this thread, lol......but my bad, let me rephrase, I should of said I will NEVER REPLY OR READ YOUR STATEMENTS in this thread again...but dont tripp, I kept some of my word, I DIDNT read one word of the bullshit u typed ...But alas, I am responding again...my ass should of stopped responding the minute u claimed Kanye was iller than Dilla, lol...but Im a sucker for sonning idiots....

really doe, for the last time.....just cuzz I love typing it.....Jus Blaze, Quik, Timbo, Dr.Dre, and Premier all shit on Kanye's face.....lol

and here's a lil more dilla history......and yes its all fact, u can find statements from each of these artist to validate.....Dilla is Black thought, Pharrell, Busta Rhymes, Jus Blaze, 9th wonder, Hitek, Pete Rock, Qtip, Common, Madlib, Questlove, El zhi, Dela Soul, and Oh No's favorite producer....so basically all the best producers and some of the best emcees think dilla was the greatest...why? because they know hiphop and they know production.....but u prefer Kanye? lol, and who are you again? ohhhh yea, your young zee's favorite punchline spitter hahahahaha..in the words of the prolific thief, you're a "clown fuck".......go learn something about production, then kill yourself.....and slapp ya moma for having you......

ha!!!!
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WOW... MORE STUPIDITY FROM MR.CHIPZ

Disagree

wow... that's funny that Common said J.Dilla's his favorite producer but meanwhile, he said that his best album MUSICALLY was BE which was produced by Kanye.......

and while i'm doin' all that, you can just suck a dick 'n choke... 'n who the fuck said I'm "Young Zee's favorite punchline spitter"... haha

nice try... have fun chokin' on another dick...

ha!!!![/QUOTE]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.