The athiests now seem to have nothing credible to say defending

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I never said Jesus didn't exist.
    test
  2. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

true theres lots of people that CLAIM to be christians
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

I laughed
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  5. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

well put buddy
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i agree with some of this... i'm essentially already agnostic.. i'm also atheist.. the two aren't mutually exclusive. agnostic simply means you admit that you don't have the answers while atheist means that you don't believe in god. i lack any real belief in god though i don't deny the possibility that one could exist, so i'm an agnostic atheist. but i am interested in hearing some of your arguments about the existence of a creator.

you say space and time are constructs of the first order and thus require an intelligent creator. i would like you to elaborate on this. space and time are the dimensions of the universe itself. what you are essentially saying is that existence makes too much sense for there not to be god. sometimes i feel like that too. other times i think with our limited knowledge, we really have no comprehension of what possible 'reason' there could be behind the universe. we see something huge and percieve a plan. but who knows at the end of the day?

the universe is very complex and yet follows detectable patterns, as you say but what do we really know about why that may be. am i wrong or is this all just guesswork at the end of the day. i believe there could be a creator, or there could be a race of creators, or it could be something that we havent even thought of yet. but do i believe that we have been contacted by god? or that any of these religious ideas are divine revelation? no, i honestly don't. i think all of these concepts we have of 'what' might be behind all this are products of the human brain. they show all the signs of being our own inventions: namely they are largely anthropomorphic in nature. we could be completely off the mark with all of these ideas of god and be utterly unaware of it.
    test
  7. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

But jax why wouldnt christianity be correct iyo
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I will make an attempt at it when Nu'maaN feels you've given Him a credible reason for why the Qur'an is wrong on any account.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

what if the universe is god??

and all mans religion is a means to try to appease to the universe. what if when we die mother earth judges us for how much good/bad we done to the world society/enviroment.

and sends us to a heaven or hell

and what if, people that aknowledge god(universe) that the god will aknowledge our aknowledgements and subsequently honor our aknowledgements .

there is a universe.. so why can't there be a god?
    test
  10. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

what happened before i was born?
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

because to me it has very obvious intentions, namely as a power structure. it has creation of man written all over it.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

That would be a pantheistic God, which differs from the theistic God of the bible.

EDIT: Actually you seem to be double dipping in a mixture of both pantheism and theism there. You think that the Universe could be a person?
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

but what if the pantheistic god, gave us multiple vessels to attain salvation.. what if he never intended man to argue about which is the better. what if he intended us to all be bearable, in eachothers pressence, and for us to explore our spirituality together, i believe that, where there is discussion of god.. that god is there..
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

what if god want's us to learn something from eachother? so we can be more useful for someone somewhere else? i think the fall of man, is when they create classes. i think that is the major evil.. classification..
    test
  15. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

only reason nt see the spiritual world is
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Exactly that. The smaller the quarks/particles the faster they move. Since we can only move and comprehend in chemnical speed and the spiritual worls move faster than the speed of light is why we arent awate of the infinate that surrounds us
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

yes because obviously time/space are restricted concepts no matter the finite size they are still controlled.
    test
  18. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

This thread has given me a headache....

One dude chatting bout "must be a Creator coz we have Universal Laws" is on drugs lmao

Apparently empty space is unstable and therefor creates something from nothing.....there could be a billion universes with different laws of physics and laws of order we just happen to live in this one.....

String Theory etc etc

By your logic if we create a new universe we then become God...but are we really an all knowing God?? or are we just a being who created something???

Anyone who thinks God is a conscious being is an idiot to me....coz by calling 'him' conscious you have limited him/it....consciousness is not something a God would have, if anything God is some underlying principle of nature we havent discovered yet but which everything in the Universe (our Universe) adhere's to and cant escape, while other universes have different Gods....

To think a consciousness did it on purpose for the reason of worship is immensely narcissistic and the peak of vanity.....

The bible says we have free will but if we use it wrong we get punished?? he's immortal and all powerful but gets upset with humans and has to kill them all off once in a while???

Consciousness is the most retarded thing about the God of Abraham.....

If there was a consciousness you can bet your ass it wasnt the 'Creator' of the UNiverse (underlying mathematical equation) it was some other being (maybe greater than us)......

I like what Buddha said....if you meet God then kill him lol

God has no interest in your life and what you do....thats all on you!! he wont save you he didnt even save his son!!! (apparently) or John the Baptist or anyone else who he considered much greater than yourself....

And since Jesus died for our sins, why hasnt there been peace?? what sins have been forgotton?? are Christians saying God was gonna destroy the world AGAIN!?!? and that Jesus said kill me instead??? but I thought he begged to be saved and asked why he was forsaken?? if he was in on it why would he do that??? if you had met God and spoke to him often why would you then doubt him?? unless you werent sure lol

contradiction after contradiction.....

Why did the Romans kill and Christians that didnt follow their version???

Jesus forgave the sinners why did the Catholics burn them???

Its nonsense.....

Im not atheist either.....I believe in higher powers, but they arent the one True God

PEACE
    test
  19. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

hes mentioned many things he doesnt understand about they whys and whats of his religion.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

but why even stick with the whole heaven and hell bit? if you are willing to go so far as to adopt a pantheistic god, then why not just drop the whole hell/sinner business too. maybe there's just an 'afterlife' and its neither heaven nor hell but an all encompassing reality for everything and everybody, just like here on earth. or maybe there is no afterlife. there's only one way to find out. personally i'm going to try to take my time getting there.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.