The athiests now seem to have nothing credible to say defending

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Why the bible is wrong on any account. It just turnrd into your stupidn you believe fairytales.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

How many threads are you going to make whining about the same shit?

You want me to disprove the unprovable, yet you don't seem to think you have to prove that your bible's true. Know why? You can't. It's all based on FAITH. You can't prove anything based on faith, none of it's based on any credible, legitimate information.

And I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic. There is a difference. I don't assume to know the workings of the universe, only arrogant inflated egos do that.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

I made a thread of fullfilled prophecies, and historical accuracies. Ur turn smart guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Payback aka D. Obese

If you could save the entire human race, persuade them all into believing in the glory of God and adhering tight to the bible but in exchange you have to spend an eternity in hell to compensate for their sins

Would you do it?
    test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Your answer will tell me all that I need to know about you.

Don't lie.

God don't like liars.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I'd die for other less fortunate trying to protect them, i would sacrifice my salvation to save one soul.. but i know that attitude, purchases my salvation that was already purchased already. but all i want is for the "atheist" or all beliefs to continue to ask and pursue answer's and always keep a open mind
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

yes. One of the worst things of hell is knowing how many loved ones will be there. Ive seen part of it, its horrible but yes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

so caesar never existed? pontius pilate never existed?

care to explain how all the dinosaurs were wiped out in one fell swoop, yet there are animals that somehow evolved from them?

just sayin...
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

zyclon>>>>>>>>>>>
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

what about when constatine made catholicism the national religion even tho he was pagan?

i know why he did it, but why would so many people be ON FIRE for the belief in christ if christ was a lie?

now a days, we can see through bullshit, we know malcom x wanted equal rights for his people, but we also know he hated white. (possibly because what injustice the whites did) but we know the facts. so when he died. he became a legacy but not iconic in the same sense of mLk.. if jesus was a blasphemous lie, then why has his legacy become popular and iconic even today, even right after?
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Never mind, there's no defending ignorant atheists, but an ignorant agnostic is merely a cop out in a lot of people.
    test
  12. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

because it's an enticing sales pitch. pray to me and go to paradise in the sky with all your relatives. if i didn't think it was bullshit i'd join up too.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

that's extremely common thinking today, truth is, god isn't tryna assimilate us into the worldly groups. he bestowed upon us knowledge and wisdom, we are to be of spiritual fruit

1. love
    2. joy
    3. peace
    4. patience
    5. kindness
    6. goodness
    7. faithfulness
    8. gentleness
    9. self control

i see how it's hard to make a decision concerning whom u serve..

but look at these numbers:

According to one estimate, about 2.3% of the world's population describes itself as atheist, while a further 11.9% is described as nonreligious.[9] According to another, rates of self-reported atheism are among the highest in Western nations, although also to quite varying degrees—United States (4%), Italy (7%), Spain (11%), Great Britain (17%), Germany (20%), and France (32%).[10]

therefor atheisism is a minor belief.. if MORE people in the world say the sky is clear but the 2.3% say it's blue bc that what it looks like when they see it, does it make it blue?
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah Steve. Why did you say Caesar never existed and Pontius Pilate never existed?

Yeah Steve. Care to explain how prehistoric crocodiles and birds, and fish survived in water and in air while earthbound dinosaurs died off so quickly? Care to explain how a difference in environment can affect the ability of certain creatures to survive disaster where others die and how difference of environment leads to changes within species and later to speciation, and how disaster itself that kills off so many creates such a drastic change in the overall environment?

But why did you say the Roman Empire never existed Steve? Do you also believe that Hitler never existed?
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

we all know the sky is clear, its reflection that makes it blue
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

that's fine.. i know that atheists arent going to win any popularity contests.. i mean we do have a really shit sales pitch: your relatives are monkeys and there is no afterlife. but i'm certainly not going to submit to a power structure that is riddled with sketchy reasoning and outdated morality just to be more like my peers. 80% of americans are christians, but 75% of those people are a waste of oxygen. not that the same doesn't apply to atheists, but my point is that those numbers are meaningless to me.

i don't even really have any strong conviction that 'atheism' in itself is necessarily correct, only that the abrahamic faiths are not. you asked why would christianity spread like wildfire if it was bullshit and i was just answering that question.

maybe i'll adopt a few idols to worship to pass the time... who knows.. i saw a couple youtube videos that made me think god is a giant snake from australia
    test
  17. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Having studied various religions for years in both their secular and religious forms,and having been a lifelong adherent of the hard sciences...I have basically become agnostic.I think that The Creator (or whatever title you prefer to call It) by definition created the processes that science has uncovered as being theoretical mainstays for the operation of the known universe (multiverse),and I think that what science we have very very very powerfully supports this concept I just put forth.There is also zero argument to the contrary from any quarter of proveable religious history,from the very first religion in human history--MAAT--which came from Africa and literally spawned all others (which Europeans came to know thousands of years into its history as both THE EGYPTIAN MYSTERY SYSTEM which taught the Greeks all they knew of philosophy,math,science,medicine,etc. ) down to the latest New Age fad. The disputes become sharp and strident when we superimpose our human pettyness--even for the most noble of reasons--upon our ignorance.God hates Jews,gays,allowed Ham to curse his descendants; God created Satan,Hell,etc. Even the essential tenet of Buddhism requiring harmony with the universe as directly attainable through Right Thought,Right Action,etc.,the Krishna chronicles,etc. all at some point put forth very quickly refutable concepts that they expect you to accept IN SPITE OF YOUR INTELLECT and on the basis of not just "faith",not just BLIND faith,but also IRRATIONAL faith.They spin a story that they wish you to believe in to the point that you repudiate your own senses and intellect,rather than recognize the essential need to infuse the strengths and weaknesses of senses,sexuality,and intelligence with the guiding principles of spirituality and practicality into a single non-conflictful whole.

Prior to the end of the 50,000 year reign of African civilization,MAAT did this seamlessly.That's why MAAT was the driving force behind all things great and small in the original African empire. Nowadays,this same cohesive embracing energizing whole can be achieved through the reconciliation of all branches of science with the primary spiritual truth of spirituality: the non-physical Creator fashioned all things,therefore there is both a scientific AND spiritual constant behind all things.Whether we grasp it or not. My ancestors referred to the ka,which the Chinese called qi,the Japanese ki,and the Europeans "life energy and transcendant unifying power" but did so with an operational understanding of its scientific and spiritual requisites.With the advances of science nowadays? We could plumb the specifics of universal spiritual manifestations,but we can't allow ourselves to become bludgeoned into submission by backward beknighted arguments that can do and will continue to cause passions to flare into Crusades and Jihads.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Profound.
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THAT'S MY brother from another mother puttin the smack down in this thread @ STRYQ
    test
  20. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Quite a few atheists I have met are really agnostics-in-the-making...because the more you delve into the science that forms what many atheists THINK is the base for atheism,the more you find yourself confronting the nonphysical.

I'm essentially agnostic.

After you examine the Theory of Evolution on planet Earth,we have to apply that evolution to a universal scale,which leads us to THE BIG BANG.However,analysis of THE BIG BANG THEORY leads us to realize that we're looking not only at the possibility of infinite BIG BANGS,but ALSO an infinite series of events leading up to the START of the THE FIRST BIG BANG.This leads us to realize that TIME AND SPACE are constructs of the first order and some entity created TIME AND SPACE.That entity is beyond the capacity of any and all created phenomena to grasp or understand in any truly comprehensive way,and that entity is THE CREATOR.

This realization leads us full circle back to the fact that our true disagreements aren't with the concept of a Creator,our disagreements as former atheists is really with THE DETAILS SUPPLIED BY RELIGIONS.Those details are shorn of scientific truths,for the most part.And science is shorn of the overriding importance of spiritual truths.The key is to realize that in each scientific truth there is a spiritual truth,and vice versa.The problem is the REALIZATION THAT THERE IS A KEY is NOT the same as HAVING THE KEY,UNDERSTANDING ITS USE,UNLOCKING THE DOOR TO WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING and RECEIVING SAID WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING.Lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.