The age old question..who has advice....

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ILLConcepTs, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILLConcepTs

ILLConcepTs New Member

im sure this has been asked b4 but id appreciate it if anyone has good advice....

who has good advice on how to lose weight while maintaining muscle mass..

here is my situation...i have recently changed my diet to make it more healthy..cutting out junk food, juices, soda..only water now....i eat 6 times a day...oatmeal yogurt for breakfast...cottage cheese afternoon snack...lunch always changes...almonds afternoon snack...dinner always chnges and something small after dinner.....i started this at the begining of february weighing 216...i work out 4 times a day sprinting/running 2 miles each of those four days.....

since i have started this routine i have lost 16 pounds an although i finally saw the fat leave from my midsection i still have the belly fat...ive also noticed a lot of my mass has left from my arms and upperbody area.....

so any advice or stories of how u made it work would be appreciated...
    test
  2. Os1ris

Os1ris New Member

Im not a expert but i know you want to keep what your doing dieting wise but try addind more protein to keep the muscle, try doing HIIT (High Interval Intensity Training) for your cardio this hits the body fat without you losing your muscle you can google for example exercises..that's all i got for the most part
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

ok...first of all, at ur weight and with ur training protocol dont worry about it too much...it wont be a dramatic loss (if any) bro. BUT adding creatine, BCAA's, and upping ur protein to about 250 grms a day will help. also look into some extra luecin. from
    exp. i know this works well...from the hype i hear u may wanna look into some beta alanine. side note...dont fear carbs so much
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. if he wants to loose alot of weight... creatine isnt the best choice, creatine is mainly for building muscle

after your first 16 comes off, the weight loss process is slower, now you got to pick up the intensity on your training
    test
  5. ROBITUSSIN

ROBITUSSIN IM WAY PAST IT.

add more protein to your diet
    test
  6. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

don't use creatine, shit will just make your muscles hold more sarcoplasm and weight...

first thing is to clean up the diet, save the starches for after training and consume as much fruit and veggies as you can- up the healthy fats (animal meat, eggs, fish oil, fish, avocado, nuts especially walnuts) and protein...

Add intense cardio to your routine, no jogging or running long distances- sprints, hiit, jumprope, and burpees especially- you change body composition by changing body chemistry which occurs on the metabolic level- train intense if you want an intense body...
    test
  7. beneetsharma

beneetsharma New Member

yoga retreat

It is our general observation that most of the people try to find real peace of mind and are always in search of a quality yoga centre. Today, any Tom, Dick and Harry to have started yoga centres - without truly understanding what yoga is all about. We have been emphasizing that yoga is not only about asanas and pranayams - though they are an essential component. So, any centre merely teaching the yoga practice around these two practices is not a yoga centre.
    We have been observing hundreds of educated and well qualified people being exploited in the name of yoga training at the yoga centres run by run-of-the-mill preachers. We believe we can help the society in a large way, by undertaking such yoga retreat so as to further spread the true light of yoga.
    For further details regarding investment required, fees charged for the course, additional support, etc contact us.

Thanks
    JSR Solution
    test
  8. daveschaub

daveschaub New Member

maybe you need to lessen the frequency of eating. then eat on time with nutritious food.
    here's more:
    first:Calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Your BMR is what your body needs to maintain normal functions like breathing, digestion, etc.
    Second: Calculate your activity level. Use a calorie calculator to figure out how many calories you burn while sitting, standing, exercising, lifting weights, etc. throughout the day.
    third:Keep track of how many calories you eat. Use a food journal to add up what you eat and drink during the day. If you're eating less calories than you're burning, you'll lose weight
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.