The 80's cars

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Clemart G, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clemart G

Clemart G New Member

I was wondering about something about the 80's In my 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic it says the top seed is 85 and I notice in same thing in some caprices it says the same thing. Now why does the most of 80's say top seed 85? But the 70's muscle cars like a 1972 cutlass it says top seed is 120. Whats up with that?
    test
  2. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

late 70/80s they had the gas crisis.. i think that had something to do with it
    test
  3. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

who cares??? we all know the illest 80's muscle car was the 87' Monte Carlo SS, and we all know that it's not even catchin a second-wind at 85 mph.....
    test
  4. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

87 t-top 5.0 is the greatest, followed by the GN (if you can consider it muscle)
    test
  5. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

forgot about the GN-X...
    test
  6. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

the 85 on the dash doesnt mean shit it's just somthing they did.....kinda like puttin a 140mph speado in a cop car that is spead limited 110mph

my 91 grand marquis had 85 on the dash but I bounced it off the speed limiter at over 100 acording to the little police radar box on the higheway
    test
  7. ThaGrimiestOne

ThaGrimiestOne Human Beatboxer

^^Lol gauges dont mean shit man....it all depends on the car...I have a 95 cutlass supreme...the top speed on it is 110 but I've gotten to atleast 120 - 125.... Im guessin you neva heard of a governor>?

If u didnt, heres wut it is... Its a chip placed in your ******** ( Secret, only a few peepz know and im one of them...lol...its illegal for normal people to even look at them...) Wut it does is it is set a certain speed...once ur car hits that shit, your engine cuts off.... If you WERE to remove this governor, ur car would never go at a steady speed, it would keep going faster and faster... my uncle did this to a frigen plymouth sundance and reached 190 wit it...but stopped because you cant handle the knocking back and fourth at that speed...

All im sayin is find out how to take the governor out (which is illegal so be careful) and u wont have to wry bout wut ur speed gauge readz, know wut im sayin man.....

P.S. DONT think about doing this unless you plan on purchasin a HIGH quality radiator, HIGH quality radiator fluid.... A Cold air intake system....now one of those cheap ass one on ebay...im talkin the 2 - 300 dolla ones..... A new intake manifold gasket.... If your racing, better to have smaller holes so pressure builds up... If your planning on going like over 200, get ones that allow MORE air in... ummm...DO NOT get a turbo or supercharger, you will def set ur engine up...ya thas about it, hope that helped..lol..pz
    test
  8. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

You are kidding right??
    test
  9. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

you sound like an idiot... illegal to look @? lmao

your right all it does is cut the engine off at a certain speed... and you dont just take the chip out.. you have to replace it with an after market tuner one

and why did you add all that extra shyt in lol
    test
  10. ThaGrimiestOne

lmfao, i was at schoo...and wuz bored and shit...so i jus kept typing....and lol at im a idiot...i know more about cars than most peepz...when i said it was illegal for him to look it...all i meant wuz tryin to tell him NOT to remove it because it it illegal....all i sayin..pz

<Grimey>
    test
  11. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

"plymouth sundance and reached 190"

never happened
    test
  12. ThaGrimiestOne

^^^actually it did, i coulda went faster...but my the car couldnt handle the speed..shook around and shit.....i had custom shocks on it....racing tierods and struts...and racing tire tread....it was one of those cars that u dont really drive...jus fuck around wit it to make it betta....I had a custom made intake manifold gasket...that supplies more air pressure to the engine...resulting more horsepower and torque.... Racing exhaust....

I bought the car for $50 from a junkyard...took me 1 month to get the shit runnin.... But i made that shit like WHOAH, sold it for $1000.... i didnt want to drive it nemore, jus liked puttin shit into it, ya know?...
    test
  13. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

No I do not know, what I do know is that never happened.
    You obviously do not know how fast 190MPH is.
    Even if you were talking about Km/hr you did not buy a car for
    50 dollars and go 120mph.
    test
  14. ThaGrimiestOne

dude u are a stupid ass....it was me nieghbors.....good friends wit him.. it was in his backyard for 5 years...i rebuilt it....so get da cock out of ur mouth and realize that it IS possible...jesus fuckin christ...if u dk bout cars, stay da fuck out of the cars and audio thread
    test
  15. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

you do know that a viper tops out at around 188. Also with the gearing in a plymouth sundance the engine would have to be able to rev to about 25000 RPM LOL there is no way that car would ever go that fast, and who said I wasn't into cars? Youre just a fucking idiot.
    test
  16. ThaGrimiestOne

^^ya sure man, i know a viper tops out a 180 suttin...but wut u dont realize is there is NO governor in my car...a viper has one....and wut did i say to...maybe its all the emptyness in ur head nigga... I REBUILT the car...everything i put in it is customized...EVERYTHING...tranny, radiator, drive shaft, shocks, manifold gasket, air intakes...everything....

i do know wut ur sayin when peepz say a normal sundance cant go that fast....thats a NORMAL sundance dumbasses...mine wasnt normal...
    test
  17. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

yours did not go 190. By your logic if you took the governor out of a viper it would go 327MPH . Have you ever read the top speed shoot outs in Car and Driver? Most Porsches, Ferraris, among others can't even reach 190, but if I go get a 1992 toyota tercel take ther governer out, put an intake on it maybe a radiator, "racing" exaust. I would hit 190? Not going to happen, i do not care what you do to that car short of putting a jet engine on it, it will not reach 190 ever.
    test
  18. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

Grimey Talkin Out His Ass Lmao

Plain And Simple
    test
  19. BostonDirtDog

BostonDirtDog New Member

I know, this is just fun for me. Im bored
    test
  20. ThaGrimiestOne

^^^lmao....ya ya...its was somewhere ova 100....felt like 190 though...lol...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.