"The 7 Deadly Sins of Sisterhood"

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

[so I came across these "7 Deadly Sins of Sisterhood" earlier today and wanted you women to share some of your thoughts and/or experiences.

"After more than 14 years of feuding, Tyra and supermodel Naomi Campbell have finally made peace! Following an emotional face-to-face meeting, Tyra was able to tell Naomi how frustrated she'd become during their rivalry that lasted more than a decade. During the show, Tyra said that she feels like women hate on each other, are jealous, and often times portray caricatures of what they're supposed to be. Having confronted the woman that she says made her life a living hell, Tyra is now challenging women to stop the negativity and competition and to support one another. She urges you to take the first step towards building a sisterhood of united women, a crusade for us to become one and stop the hate!

Take the first step by sending us your stories of how the Seven Deadly Sins of Sisterhood, seen on the show (Betrayal, Manipulation, Judgment, Envy, Gossip, Competition and Resentment), have affected your life. Send us your personal story of how a negative relationship with another woman has impacted you, or how you may be guilty of treating another woman this way. Maybe there is a photo that shows one of the seven deadly sins in action, or a moment caught on video. Look through your journals and diary pages to see if there is something you want to share.

Take on the seven deadly sins and begin changing negative relationships into positive sisterhoods!"

so...

- judgment
    - betrayal
    - envy
    - gossip
    - manipulation
    - competition
    - resentment

have you ever been the victim..? the victimizer..? how has it affected your life..?]
    test
  2. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I'm sure i've been a victim and victimizer of all 7 at one time in my life. But IME it's more of an age thing. I know at times in my life I have been competitive with other females like, who had the best/most expensive clothes/shoes/jewellery ect but I SO grew out of that.. I've pretty much grown out of all of that list.
    test
  3. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I can agree with that... I think younger women tend to be more guilty of a lot of those things b/c they're still going through that insecure phase and constantly comparing themsleves to other women... older women are more accepting of themselves.

I've been guilty of all of those (with the acception of "betrayal") at some point. The "gossip" one I still have a problem with... I have a hard time defining "gossip"... is it any conversation you have about someone outside of their presence..? Or does it only apply if its of a negative nature, like "talking shit" about someone..?

I'm human so I'm suceptible to any of those at any given time, and I've found that the times when I have engaged in those things were the times in my life when I didnt feel too good about myself... so I guess I was just projecting my own insecurity onto someone else... but now I try to check the behavior everytime I catch myself (or a friend) doing any of those things.

Aside from gossip, I don't think I have much of an issue with the others... neither being the victim nor the victimizer... I never understood women who claimed they couldn't get along with other women... I have pretty solid relationships with the women in my life... granted, they make mistakes sometimes, but so do I... but we forgive and get over it. I'm of the mind that "in order to have a good friend, you also have to be one".
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.