the 2013 hip-hop album review thread, post in here ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... i'll start.

i just heard eminem's mmlp2, and i fucking can't stand it. there's not one song on there that i'll listen to twice, yes i agree he went back to slim shady days in the sense that he's calling out other rappers and re introducing the shock factor lyrics, but the fucking flow he has in these songs are fucking horrible. the beats are meh, the hooks are really shit. this shit does no justice to the original marshall mathers lp. pretty sure i remember a verse where he was rapping like scooby fucking doo, i tweeted the fuck out of eminem for this.

heard vinnie paz's 'carry on tradition' ep, and i thanked him on his twitter for dropping consistent hardbody pure hiphop underground boom bam rap. vinnie fucking kills every verse he spits on, the beats are fucking inspirational, the happiness track is a really decent emo rap track, the rest of them are dark again, i salute him.

will listen to other albums and drop reviews, but for now please drop yours.

:numaan:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Mmlp, magna carter, yeezus were all horrible. Nas is the only big rapper who can still release anything half decent, other than jay having some nice beats.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

i'm happy that theres more traffic now... before mmlp2 dropped, around 2 people per day came here.
    test
  4. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

Magna Carta Holy Grail is pretty good. It's decent. Not one of his best albums or even close but still good. I'd give it 3.5 mics
    test
  5. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

no they're not. maybe u personally don't like them but they are not "horrible".
    test
  6. cDensley

cDensley Member

MMLP2 is one of those albums that requires more than one listen through (or even more) to realize it's full potential. A couple of songs, like Berzerk, were complete shit, but others, such as Bad Guy, Headlights, and Stronger Than I Was, make the album come together as a whole. With Eminem, as always, there's always going to be those one or two (or more) songs on each album that will make you think, "Why the hell is that even on the album?!"
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Blue Chips 2 -> It was experimental, and I love that they decided to go that route, specially since it's a mixtape. Mixtapes are supposed to be that, a way to introduce yourself or experiment, plus giving the fans something to hold on while you are working on your real album. Bronson's funny as it gets, raw, lyrical, and he just lets loose on this mixtape, Party Supplies provided with bangers, also experimenting new shit, afraid of nothing, and it all worked. I can see why some people with their heads up their asses wouldn't like it, but I give it a 10/10. Too bad Cam'Ron didn't show up, I think he would've killed his feature.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test