.::The 2007 RSTL Awards Nomination & Voting Thread::.

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Alias

Dr. Alias You know who it is

NOW NOW!

Let's put this in context.

When the head of the site tells me personally that the forum is gone, I take his word for it. He obviously didn't give a shit about this league anyways so I was not going to bust my ass to help him given that circumstance. Just think of it this way, if not for me, you wouldn't have even had a league to become a legend in. I was the only person moderating for a good 7-8 month stretch from from mid 2005 to 2006. Shit would have been dead as a doorknob. Not to mention all the times I had to massage the boss's balls just to get him to keep the forum space lol. Same can be said for DIC before it did eventually breakdown. The writing was on the wall. Most of RSTL's good writers went for the league that was actually well-run and respected by the higher ups. It was a pretty simple choice at the time lol. If the police chief more or less sloppily shits over all the efforts you take to make the community a better place, and you have a job opportunity somewhere else with people you respect and who appreciate your effort, same salary, which are you going to take?

Precisely!

;)
    test
  2. Dr. Alias

And anyways, I thought I represented rather well lol
    test
  3. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Is that league even still up?

I havent been there in forever. Lol.
    test
  4. Dr. Alias

Nah, for the egotistical comment, of perhaps the year:

There is a trend that has taken place 4 different times over the years regarding me and leagues I moderate. As soon as I leave, they crumble. Don't ask me what it is. Maybe it's a curse, or maybe I'm usually the only one who's lame enough to care. But it is the truth. Is that league still going on? I know they tried, but I think it pretty much crumbled, which is a damn shame because last season was the most competitive of any league I've been in has been since 2002 RSTL. Oh well haha..

Me
    You (for a while)
    Sacrifice
    Black Jesus
    Richard Corey
    3pa
    Pent
    Kannon
    Headless
    Cereal
    Cormier
    Nique
    Howard Winter
    Maven
    Ender

fucking who's who of who's writing anything worth reading these days..

Until recent surge here anyways..
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

It's no so precise on my end. Forget about the Police Chief he is not in the trenches. I would have stayed down for my fucking people, the same community I was trying to make a better place would be the same community I ended my career in. Hands down. Fuck going the easy route, being buttered up by people who hop on whatevers popular.

In my eyes you sold out. But that's just my eyes.

I had to have a long talk with Jeff this time around just so he would let me bring this thing back, I asked him to mod Q along with me because I knew Q wanted this shit more than anyone else around.

Like I said before, I don't give a fuck if every last single person left the RSTL for the popular thing at the moment, it would be just me and my aliases battling until the troops came home son.

Now you're league has like 6 people, they had to resort to modding HEADLESS.

wow.
    test
  6. J o o k

J o o k Guest

As for the egotistical comment don't sit there and act like you weren't modding the pr league when it went to shit. I saw you modding it when it was fucked up and had like 9 people.
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Guest

This season of the RSTL absolutely shitted on your line up. Hands fucking down LOL.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol,
    i like when jook jumps out of his skin
    he's too damn laid back most of the time
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol
    i always thought you were a cool kid
    up until i noticed your ignorance and ego and you started pullin all of these crazy stunts and aliases and voting under other names and hate voting and what not and THEN you acted as if you dont know what went wrong
    that's when i lost respect for you
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lol word Q only certain things provoke me.

I agree with you on that baron shit too.

On the other hand.

Word @ baron coming back and sticking it out honestly. If he did that he'd probably achieve something other than being a douche who knows. Barons talent subtract his bullshit antics and ego might = something good.
    test
  11. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i'm all for baron if he writes and stops acting like headless meets dic meets a gay orgy...

oh and Tali...i'll interview you in light of how many times you interviewed me...should make for some interesting convo...

word @ what jook said about the RSTL's line up now vs what PR had...and lmfao @ the sac got raped comment...
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

yea, let GL do the interview
    cos i dont frequent aim enough
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ayo, check this out though

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^quick work
    test
  15. J o o k

J o o k Guest

nice, that's your side job?
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

no jook that's his brother...
    test
  17. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

wow i have no idea what to write about... im glad its not due today! ^5
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^lol

yes, graphic design is a side job/hobbie
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

same here, im working on a graphic for the playoffs
    i should be posting the mag, but i dont feel like it cos i'll be hitting the sack soon
    hopefully i'll have it up tomorrow, sorry GL?, even if i dont write nuffin i'll post your submissions
    test
  20. Dr. Alias

Jook...

Fine argument, I'm not going to argue with the first part. I'm not going to argue that because it's a matter of taste and that shit is relative. I wanted a new challenge and to read good writing, and to be appreciated, and that wasn't happening here, at all at that point. In fact, nothing was happening. Be real about that. You wouldn't join the league for that reason. Remember?

About the other stuff though. I modded RHYME for for the entire 3rd season. It was the most successful season they had, and it was damn good by any standards that I know of. I didn't mod it a minute before or a minute after. I stopped running that league the day I won the playoffs. I started school back up. I told them to find someone else to run it. They didn't and shit happened. Simple as that. I'm not responsible for anything before or after the third season at PR lol.

It wasn't about what was popular. I'm fucking 28 years old. It was about where the good writing was taking place. I write for me. I mod because I like writing. I've sacrificed a lot of fucking time for a lot of people I'll never know so that they'd keep on writing. That's just something I chose to do. If it wasn't for those archives and the time it took putting them together, who the fuck would really care who the hell you or I are? Seriously. I didn't abandon the RSTL. Jeff abandoned the RSTL. He wasn't even involved enough to de-mod me lol. I can still get into the private forum. You had talks with Jeff and great man, I'm glad you got through to him. Ask Extreme Venom, ask Malosovich, ask Mad Poet before that. The dude was hell bent on getting rid of the league. I talked to him 5+ times telling him to keep it going and I'd do what I could. His minions wrote me asking me my thoughts on what to do do convince Jeff to make it better. I told him. At the time, I guess it didn't matter, because he shut it down anyways. Guess what my main advice was? Find at least two moderators, and preferably three, who don't give a shit about anything accept running the league. Damn, funny how shit happened. What the fuck should I care though. I write to rite. In reality, I'm not fucking alleged to anybody but myself or those who are in with me. Maybe if you had access to the hidden forums back at that period of time, you'd see how bad DIC got fucked over as a mod trying to do well for the league, or me and malo before that. This has been going on since right around when you first got into the league. I did everything I figured I could and it didn't matter.

So yeah, whatever dude. I don't really know what you know or what you think you know or what I think you think you know or any of that shit. But I did my part, I know that, doesn't matter what anybody else says. If that isn't enough, ok, it's cool, I'll live, so will you lol. I'm not even arguing with you really. I just noticed that the way you presented what I did was pretty one-sided. And that's probably not even of any fault of you own. It's just where you're coming from given your experience. Whatever, I can't deny that.

ps. Anybody who was mod at that time, Mal, Awe, Pent, DIC, Claus, Riko, Mad Poet, EV, PLEEEEEASE call me out if I'm out of line about a single thing I've said here.

Sorry for fucking up your thread Q...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.