That was like a really bad fucking Velocity

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Macabre, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Yeah, $10 million a year to use it was what I heard. I object to that just on the principal that no one should ever give Metallica $10 million for anything.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

What about retiring?
    test
  3. abztrakt

No, only because I don't trust anyone named Lars, especially when there's money involved.
    test
  4. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

"principal" how about the fact it's just not worth it?

when was metallica ever good?
    test
  5. abztrakt

Well Sandman wasn't really ever good either, but that's not what's important here. I'm just saying that even if any of those people ever were good, it wouldn't be worth it based on the principle (not principal, my bad) that Metallica is made up of a bunch of greedy fucking douchebags who think they're a lot more important now than they really are. Plus, for a bunch of people who claim that ECW was "all about wrestling, not "sports entertainment", ECW fans sure do bitch a lot about something as silly as wrestlers' theme songs. Either way, $10 million is way too much for anyone's theme song, not to mention someone who who hasn't really mattered since like 2000, if that.
    test
  6. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

ecw fans bitch more than wwe or tna fans. they seriously are the biggest babies of them all.. "we riot if cena wins" i still cant get over that. if i ever get to that point.. please shoot me. im dead serious .. shoot me.

i mean if u get to that point.. u need to either create ur own brand or become a booker.. why would anybody riot over a show? if u dont like it.. dont watch it.

or do something about it.

so yes, ecw fans can be retarded.
    test
  7. abztrakt

It was amazing just how much some of those fans HATED Cena. It wasn't like "boo we don't like your characther" hate. It was like Cena had fucked every single person in the Hammerstein Ballroom's girlfriend hate. The best part was that they weren't even pissing Cena off, he actually seemed to be enjoying himself and the fans were the ones who ended up being pissed off. It seems like a lot of fans out there take the wrestling business more seriously than the wrestlers themselves and that's just sad.
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Lars still needs the gold plated shark tank

Metallica was itching to sue somebody....
    test
  9. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Damn.

Their catalogue shouldn't even be worth that much. Maybe $15 for Ride the Lightning.
    test
  10. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

No matter whay anyone says, The Sandman's entrance was the only thing ECW fans ever liked about the Sandman, so it's stupid for them to say that they were strictly pro wrestling fans. They were mostly nerds that bounced from concert to concert to ECW show. I'll even admit that it's probably why I became an ECW mark, because even though I avoid concerts because new bands suck, I like that atmosphere.

Actually, I think Pantera's "Walk" was about 75% of the reason for RVD's fanbase. It may seem like a ridiculous theory, but the guy still basically does the same shit except now nobody cares.
    test
  11. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Kirk Hammet and Hetfield are both pretty good at everything guitar. Lars sucks at drums, and the bassist is wasting his time. Metallica's one of the only metal bands I've heard that actually at least TRY to do something good lyrically.

I don't even like them much, and I HATE how they've inspired the metal sound so much that every band tries to copy them. I've only liked Ride the Lightning by them, and their cover of Sabbra Cadabra, but I hate to see people rebel against something when it's been in everyone's good graces long enough that it makes them different to do so.
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I think Dave Meltzer hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that it hurt the credibility of ECW fans to not cheer Cena after the match for giving it his all. He was pretty much carrying Van Dam throughout the match.

I despise rap and the gimmick, but Cena easily has the same amount of personality and wrestling ability of Hulk Hogan if not more, yet people still love that idiot.
    test
  13. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

the wwe can also do what wcw did, and tna still does

use knock off songs

the raven and ddp songs were nirvana rip offs i think
    test
  14. abztrakt

That's true. I think the old ECW fans would've realized that Cena put on a great performance and given him some respect. The fans at ONS had no intentions of giving Cena any respect at all, no matter what he did. That's why they chanted "you still suck" after he hit that sweet powerbomb out of the corner.

I'm also not so sure that RVD now would be as over with those fans as he is with the fake ECW fans now. I think almost everything good in that match was because of Cena. I also figured out one of the other things that's been bugging me about Van Dam. He seriously sells his OWN offense as being more painful to him than his opponent's. He could be getting his ass kicked for a few minutes straight, and then just pop up and start doing his flippy kicky shit. But if he hits a move like his frog splash or rolling thunder or something like that, he'll bounce around and act like he's in serious pain. Plus, he's even worse about overselling and bouncing around than HBK is.

Cena has that star presence that almost no one in wrestling has, which is probably why he's always really over whether people like him or hate him. And he's definitely better in the ring than Hogan (or at least what Hogan felt like doing in America).
    test
  15. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

self high five
    test
  16. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah.

WWE is still using ripoff versions of ACDC and Alice in Chains for Balls Mahoney and Dreamer.

Then again neither of those bands are full of greedy dickheads.
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I've read that Heyman is supposed to get more creative control this time due to negative fan reaction, we'll see how that goes.

On the flipside WWE was concerned about holding a show in the ECW arena because they can't use fireworks in the building, and we all know how important fireworks are to ECW's success.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Next thing you know they'll have to move Wrestlemania to a different location that doesn't view Kenny's trampoline as a health hazard.
    test
  19. Jay Bones

Jay Bones New Member

Cena didn't carry the match with RVD. He pretty much did the same moves that he always does. He got booed because his gimmick is terrible. As a wrestler, I don't mind him but his interviews suck. His gimmick is weak as well. ECW fans have never liked having stuff like that crammed down their throat.

As for the ECW TV show, I have to agree with the majority of people and say that it is just dreadful to watch. It's the Alliance angle all over again. I reserved judgment for the additions of Kurt Angle and Big Show but as I expected, they did exactly what I thought they do with them. Now, they want to add Test? Great! Now, we'll get to watch ECW turn into the WWE Hardcore division. Maybe they'll bring back the 24-hour rule and have RVD being chased through Chuck E. Cheese.
    test
  20. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Not only is Test being added but CM Punk and Francine are being added possibly as soon as next week
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.