That was like a really bad fucking Velocity

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Macabre, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I was trying to be positive towards ECW coming back but moving forward, but last night was so awful. Even Paul Heyman has called it a train wreck and I've read that the feeling from all involved was that it was a disaster. Apparently, Heyman had written the show that he wanted to do and Vince pretty much turned all of it down and made it shitty like everything else he does.

There was no good, so let's just point out all of the bad:

- Christ, it started off with the usual dramatic clip that was exactly like everything on RAW and Smackdown. Alternative brand, Vince? Eat shit.

- It was taped in front of a non ECW crowd that popped louder for Cena and Edge than anybody on the ECW roster. I've read that this might just be for the first show, but what a shitty first impression to make.

- Joey Styles and Taz were Michael Cole and Tazz, only less entertaining. Styles barely said a word throughout most of the show. He couldn't even pretend to be interested. So much for not being Sports Entertainment.

- Sabu won a chance to go to a big time WWE PPV? Wow, way to not make it look like the minor leagues.

- A former ECW champ didn't get any offense in on the WWE draft pick. That made it obvious that Vince only brought it back to bury it.

- Everybody was wearing their WWE attire. Stevie Richards without the Daisy Dukes is Steven Richards. Even though that's a really gay observation, ECW fans want their throwback wrestlers to ACTUALLY be throwback wrestlers.

- They couldn't even give Sandman the generic wrestling music that sounded somewhat like Enter Sandman. It's nice that they're bringing Hardcore Hak back.

- The only good point in the battle royal was when Dreamer was hitting Show with the sign. At least he knows the difference between a watered down hardcore match and a good match that just happens to have weapons.

I've never done anything like this before, but the show bothered me so bad that I'd like to just send hate mail every 5 seconds. They could still save the show if they wanted to, and sending them back to RAW and Vengeance ISN'T the way to do it. Hurry up and get closure on the interpromotional bullshit, and move on to actually having storylines ON ECW. Fuck, Hand Cena back the spinner belt, and never mention the title change on TV again or bother to give the fans an explanation. WWE's good at ignoring the past, so what would it hurt this time?

Hopefully the cult ECW fans can flood the WWE office with enough mail that they'll realize that Heyman needs about 98% creative control for this to stand a chance. Then again, it was only brought back to promote a book. Who's McMahon think he's bullshitting?
    test
  2. it will get better hopefully..

they need to have another invasion elimination match like they did at the survivor series one year.. maybe have it ecw vs smackdown, and if smackdown losses they have to give ecw there show.. of course ecw needs to win this. cuz it felt ike a wwe commercial, it seemed shorter than an hour. personaly id rather see wcw come back atleast theyd prolly get to keep the arena and stuff..
    test
  3. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

I kind of enjoyed the show

but some valid points
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

LMAO holy shit, i didn't even see the show but i was breaking up in laughter the whole time

you nailed the hysterics in the end with that "brought back to promote a book" shit. what's more hilarious is it might be the only explanation to this disaster.

ok, now i KNOW i have to see this show....
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

what a let down from the PPV

hopefully this whole Raw/ECW thing ends after Vengence, because this basically seemed like Mini-Raw...

I read though that Vince and Kevin Dunn heavily edited what Heyman wrote and Heyman hated the way it came off also...

They really need to bring in New Jack though..I want to see him shank Cena..
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

knowing WWE they would make it a point to bring back David Arquette, and Karl Malone
    test
  7. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

actually it was fun when malone and rodman were in wcw

rodman was cool in the nwo

rodzilla fo life [chicken]
    test
  8. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

rodman was also in TNA for a show on fsn

wcw used to do some cool shit. I remember when the atlanta falcons came to the ring to help Goldberg I think it was.. back when the dirty bird was popular

and damn that rb from the falcons fell the fuck off

I forgot his name.. he looks like the dude from juice

I also enjoyed master p in wcw

memories oh memories
    test
  9. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah. Basically Heyman had a whole show written out that would've probably worked but Dunn and McMahon interfered. WTF. The PPVs were successful because the people that understood ECW were behind them, why try to interfere with that success unless you're purposely trying to bury something? It's well known that Vince doesn't like things that weren't created by him, so ECW probably is getting the NWO treatment. I had a little faith after the last two PPVs and the USA special, but wow he mucked it up.

There's about 1% of me that's hoping that the first show was just to cross some WWE fans over to ECW as well, but I'm thinking that was the new vision of Extreme Championship Velocity.

I knew it wasn't going to be like the old ECW, and in ways that's a good thing, but they're going about it completely wrong. The new Angle stuff is cool, and I agree he needed to squash somebody to get it over, but a former ECW headliner? Throw Mordecai's vampire ass in there and let him get the Olympic headbutt.

RVD isn't the same without Bill Alphonso. They used the theme music from the alliance angle with Stephanie McMahon, BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW SUCCESSFUL THAT ANGLE WAS.

and even if they really need to WWE it up a little bit, an hour isn't enough to do that AND pull off ECW as it's own brand. You can't build new stars in a program when promos take up half the show.

ha, I'd gotten over it a little until I came into this thread again. I'm going to go punch some random guy.
    test
  10. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

or maybe like a really muscular woman.
    test
  11. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

The debut edition of ECW on the Sci-Fi channel pulled in a 2.7 rating reports Dave Scherer of PWinsider.com (2.8 as reported by Dave Meltzer on WrestlingObserver.com).

Regardless of a 2.7 or 2.8, the rating is considered a major success given how Sci-Fi has never held a wrestling show ever and for Sci-Fi's everyday ratings. Members of the WWE are reportedly happy about the number.

Translation:

Bad bad news for fans of ECW.
    test
  12. Vizz

Vizz Switch Blade

that show was awful.

when justin credible came to the ring, all i could think was, YES!!! PLEASE LET HIM WRESTLE TAJIRI, OR SUPER CRAZY, OR EVEN FUCKING MAMALUKE OR GUIDO...someone he can have a good match with.... and then angle came out, and all i could think was, "no...there is no fucking way they are going to squash credible.....hes too....credible?" and then they did. making angle look like a monster is one thing, but squashing a former main eventer? one of the more recent main eventers of ECW might i add.... that was fucking DUMB. i wanted to shut my television off.

the "new" ecw. youve got to be fucking joking. no one bought the DVD, PPV, and book so they could see the guys written about, filmed, and exposed, squashed by WWE craplers. definition fo craplers: a grappler, who is crap.
    test
  13. Nam Dekan

wasn't there a Motorhead cover of Enter Sandman that was used for a ECW CD?

Big Show was a stupid addition to ECW..They should have added Matt Hardy and just sent Big Show to Smackdown
    test
  14. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

Jamal Anderson.

Big Show is ecw because they dont have anything else to do with him.
    test
  15. yea credible used to be the top guy in ecw, and now there gunna turn him into a jobber.. bigshow is ecw cuz they want all the giant attention to go to khali and mark henry..

Squashed ECW Wrestler Still Has Future
    Date Added: June 15, 2006
    Story By: Ben Johnson
    Despite his squash loss to Kurt Angle on Tuesday's ECW, Justin Credible still has a solid future with the brand, reports PWTorch.com.

Credible will be part of a big new faction that will launch shortly, and his loss to Angle was merely a way to give Angle credibility for his new "shoot-style" gimmick.

Thanks to his past relationship with Triple H and Shawn Michaels and the fact that he's cleaned up his lifestyle, Credible is in very good graces politically with WWE management.
    test
  16. Vizz

Vizz Switch Blade

i know i read that post on torch too, but they could have HYPED a confrontation between credible and ANYONE. that match, couldve be saved for a PPV. matter of fact, credible really should only be wrestling at PPVs, or main eventing the television show. he IS that good. the guy is fucking gold in the ring.
    test
  17. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Metallica can still charge for publishing rights though, so it doesn't really matter which version they use. It might not have been a big deal with the old ECW because they weren't seen by many people or for the first One Night Stand if it was only a one time thing, but I bet Metallica wanted big money to use it full time for the new ECW.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I heard it was a figure of 10 million or more.
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah.

That's usually the version they used with Sandman.
    test
  20. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah, probably.

They know that all of their new stuff is complete shit, so they need to make as much money as possible for the old stuff.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.