That 70's show ( too underrated)

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Killa Beezee, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcolm xxx

Malcolm xxx New Member

Blacks have always been a big part of Wisconsin. In the late 1780s, many Wisconsinites owned slaves including the governor. Blacks were part of the French and British expedition to migrate to the Northwest region (now known as Michgan and Wisconsin). Wisconsin was also the passage way for the Underground Railroad to reach Canada. Also, Many blacks fought for the Union Army during the Civil War. After the war, many of them migrated to the north, which the population had doubled according to the consensus. African Amrericans contributed in many ways by building communities like Pleasant Ridge, Chilton, and Forest. African Americans were also a big part of the trades, farming, teaching, medical treatment, and politics.

It's acceptable for "Friends" to have an all white cast portraying a typical "white lifestyle," but it's not tolerable by executives to have a all black cast show. The executives want to draw people of all race when it comes to urban shows, but that's not the case for "whitewashed" tv.

The continual slander of minorities by the media, the labeling of stereotypical characters, and lack of acknowledgement of existance has continue to produce bias and racially motivated television.

Ask Dave Chappelle why he departed from Fox network....Oh, wait people didn't even know he was on Fox.
    test
  2. Dexl Rose

Dexl Rose New Member

i'm an asshole..
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

dont forget he was on ABC also...

how come you didnt ask where the native american characters were on the show? seeing as how the northern part of the state is known as Indian country...or do you just automatically assume that they dont matter
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

but yeah..just got season 2 at wal mart today.only 29.96 there
    test
  5. Malcolm xxx

Malcolm xxx New Member

Do I feel sense of remorse for Native American population being eradicated and for European settlers stealing their land?...Yes

But I look in the mirror and I see that I'm black. I look at my parents and I see they are black as well. I look at my people's history, my experiences, and who I am inside.

I can feel remorseful for Native Americans, but I feel truly disgusted with anger inside for the treatment of blacks.

Like I have stated in the alley:

How can I be considered any less-caring if I do not state other ethnic groups struggle or mistreatment? Why should someone's father help the community when he has problems at home that needs to be resolved?

Should Animal Rights organizations be considered uncompassionate towards humans because they exclude the recognition of human rights? No, because that's not their sole purpose.

If I did recognize and try to inform people about the mistreatment of hispanics, whites, and Asians. Than I would get responses like, "Who cares you're not even hispanic, white, or Asian."

If any Native Americans or anybody that wants to inform the boards about their mistreatment and struggle than by all means do it. I'm not preventing them from doing so, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to do it myself.
    test
  6. Malcolm xxx

Malcolm xxx New Member

It's funny how you edited your statment. It had nothing to do with you editing your spelling or grammar because you changed the whole meaning of your post.

But than again I do see the correlation between "poking fun at urban shows being displayed on UPN and your disregard for African Americans" to "I'm an asshole."
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.