[Text Battle] Twinmania vs. PhilaTit (Videogame bars)

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Twinmania, Jul 29, 2011.

?

Who's verse was better?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2011.
  1. Twinmania

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PhilaTit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

This is a creative battle with bars that I enjoyed.

FLOW--PHIL: both of their bars flowed pretty well,but Phil's were shorter and TWIN made the mistake of having a bar [ "You like being adventurous but jump at the wrong chance and lose due to carelessness"] which not only didn't have a follow up rhyme (that's okay if the inners are sufficient for the bar to stand on its own) but could have been worded better for greater impact.

VOCAB--TWIN: Twin used the more sophistacted vocabulary and even though I saw lapses (like Phil's choice to rhyme " ya girls I wouldn't kiss em" so he could rhyme that with "system",which had the effect of weakening that bar badly and Twin's previously mentioned "carelessness" bar),he generally employed the fresher more creative words more consistently than Phil did.

METAPHORS--TWIN: they both went in on the metaphor and simile category,but TWIN edged this category barely

PUNCHLINES--PHIL: despite the horribe "your bitch I wouldn't kiss em/system" bar,Phil did enough damage in his other bars to win this category

HUMOR: PHIL. Phil was definitely more funny to me than TWIN was with his jokes being more edged and street.His verse would be iller said aloud amongst a crowd.

WORDPLAY:--TWIN. Close and could really be a TIE category here,but Twin's superior vocab display allowed a narrowly superior use of wordplay. For me what turned the tide in Twin's favor is that he had more sophisticated wordplay...like that Y AXIS joint. It's harder to come with that kind of fresh approach than it is to use the slightly more accessible,less creative word choices of PHIL.So the more complex bars show greater skill in wordplay.

NAMEPLAY/PERSONALS: none

RHYME SCHEME: --TWIN. not too much of a question here

CREATIVITY--TIE; they both went in on this category

CLOSER:--TWIN: I would have given this to Phil but Phil had some klunky and less apt word selection in his punches for his closer when compared directly with TWIN's closer,even though PHIL'S closer had the potential to definitely outpunch Twin's.

VOTE: TWIN
    test
  2. teacozy

teacozy New Member

"Save and Continue" was such swag. goddamn

Gave it to Philatit. felt like his integration of game references was less esoteric and more natural plus his cadence was a little cleaner. Phila's battle verse was a much more typical battle verse and I was more surprised by what Twin did with his, tho.
    test
  3. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

You both have some potential.

Honestly, I could not jst reward a vote to either 1 of you, too close to call.

Twin utilize the video gamez more than Phil, but Philz wording was better.

Twin you somewhat have an idea of how to throw a punch, but wth better wording.. your creative side will really form. I know youre new to this.. but you have a lot of potential.

Phil, your wording was a lil bit better than Twinz, but you have to work on your focus of riding out your topic better, to also create hard hitting, smart or funny punchez. You too have a lot of potential.

Good luck to both.. Tie or OT round!
    test
  4. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

So it's 1-1 from judges and 6-6 from the poll.... I'm not letting this die just yet, no draws in battling.
    test
  5. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

This was a close one. Was gonna give it to Twin but the Phila really picked it up towards the end. Twin was a bit more creative but a few of the references were kinda forced. Good battle. Nerd shit I condone innit.
    test
  6. fresco 5

fresco 5 Well-Known Member

"I'll Fight anguish like Sephiroth finding out the truth, now i'm in this world to destroy
    Attack you till your flesh is off and have you seeing black and red like a virtual boy"

MMMMMMMMMM
    test
  7. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

Shouts to The Angry Video Game Nerd for reminding me of the virtual boy.

If you forget that I've been bodied by Craig and Choppa i'm actually a decent textee lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.