[Text Battle] Twinmania vs. PhilaTit (Videogame bars)

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Twinmania, Jul 29, 2011.

?

Who's verse was better?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2011.
  1. Twinmania

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PhilaTit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

This is a strictly video game bar text battle between myself and PhilaTit

Twinmania's verse:

PhilaTit's Verse:

test
  2. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

"When my sword slash you'll be red dead like putting GTA on horse back
    But I heard you did have a girl, people mistook her for a boy, her name's of course Zelda"

Nice!

Didn't put much effort into it at all unfortunately, if anyone needs a break down on a bar let me know some are extremely compacted with references.

Shout outs to Fresco for having my favorite video game line

"I'm formin orbs of energy from morbid hordes of enemies" (Onimusha)
    test
  3. Twinmania

Good stuff dude, jam packed with references.

"With her two twins I Dugtrio and didn't even break a sweat
    But I wouldn't bury my MJ12 in that sewer region, Deus Ex"

That made me "DAYUM"
    test
  4. PhilaTit

lol props for getting that my dude
    test
  5. Saddle Rattle

Saddle Rattle Sup

gottdayum phila had some SERIOUS BAHHHRSZ, and twin sucked. gave it to philaTit
    test
  6. Twinmania

You don't like me do you?
    test
  7. Saddle Rattle

Saddle Rattle Sup

Bro, you vote against me in every battle yo. I gotta keep it 100% and do the same to you ya digg,

ya dun kno

:edit
    test
  8. Twinmania

haha, I dig I guess. What comes around goes around isseh?
    test
  9. PhilaTit

bumb, heres the breakdown on some bars that probably need it

The first line is just a slick play on words with a complete double meaning, the second is stating I'll put the catridge to his mouth and blow (Gun and NES/Game reference) like Carcinogens (a harmful substance that causes cancer found in cigarettes)

Exactly the same as the first bar but rewording the format to "disc" instead of catridges

A set is a gang you represent and claim, so by saying "re" before it means they'll get replaced/killed/finshed etc

Second line:

This is obvious, but just in case it was incorporated again in lines after. "codes" is the number to her cellphone to "cheat"

First line, the main character in Parasite Eve (great game btw) has a cell overgrowth/mutation in her mitochondria which causes her body to spontaneously combust due to not being able to withstand it. Therefor, her "cell" was blowin up

Second line, Jigglypuff as you all know is a pokemon in the original series that has a move making it capable of paralyzing. I refer to the chicks ass as "Jigglypuff" anyone that fucked a chick with a huge ass knows its a handful..

Second line, Majestic 12 (more commonly known as MJ12) is a group secretly hidden in the underground sewers of New York.

Second line, (computer/console) systems considered to be old are outdated. When you are with someone then you have a date, if you have a partner that has more than one person their with then you would be outnumbered/outdone/outdated. Our immune "system" is attacked by aids/STD's after we contract it from someone therefor he is fuckin with a bad system.

The Eyetoy was literally a device on the PS2 that never received recognition and was left behind quickly even though it practically laid the blue prints for the Wii, Kinect, Move, and any other gaming device that incorporates the freedom of playing without a controller. Sony Playstation abandoned this project shortly after its launch and now the "Move" has been its successor, yet instead of the free use of hands they chose to use controllers, hence she lets me Controller/Control-Her by choice since they obviously could of made the Move without controllers just like the Eyetoy. The rest of the wordplay that sticks out here is pretty obvious but if you don't get it let me know..

In Silent Hill 1 (and the movie) it begins with a car crash and they wake up. Since Silent Hill is so abstract and metaphorical most of its elements are unknown and open for interpretation, but most believe when your in Silent Hill you are in hell.

In Fatal Frame you are armed only with a Camera and must take a snapshot to seal the spirit of enemies. As you do they will fade away. (Pretty sure at least from watching trailers/looking it up a bit but I have never played the game unfortunately)

First line, in MGS you are given a diverse selection of weapons from Katanas to rockets, the "Metal Gear Solid" wordplay is obvious to catch..

Third line, those who have played Metal Gear Solid 3 (if you haven't your missing out!) will already know this because this part sticks out alot. One of the bosses is named "Sorrow" and depending on the amount of enemies you've killed through out the game up to this point, the fallen soldiers will appear as you walk through a swamp to get to Sorrow. Just to add more value to this reference the faces of your enemy (especially soldiers and Sorrow) really are altered to appear in agony/depression.

Thats it, great battle and I think you got me tbh. Wasn't expecting that much heat.

I'm down to do this again if you are Twin, writting these video game bars has been fun and easy to do. (Probably cuz I'm a nerd tbh)
    test
  10. Twinmania

Good read, I didn't get all the references so I appreciate the breakdown. So i'm gunna copy you lol

Pretty self explanatory opener, In Mortal Kombat Shang Tsung takes the souls of the warriors he's killed, I'm saying because i'm too good a cheat code will be needed to win the battle.

Red Dead redemption is a game developed by Rockstar, the same company that make the Grand Theft Auto games, the game is very similar to the GTA series except it's set in the old west so instead of cars there are horses. The next bar is a warning to not bluff about the skill level, people say "pause" a lot in battles, by pressing the start button you pause a game.

First bar is referring to platform games where I'm sure most people die because they jump towards the wrong place or they jump too early. Has a double meaning talking about taking the wrong chances in life. Experience is a game mechanic wherein the player levels up and gets stronger usually after killing enemies, another double meaning with real life.

In the Crash Bandicoot series Crash spins to attack enemies.

The main protagonist in the Zelda game series is Link, Zelda is the princess. But because the game is titled Zelda and you play as a boy a lot of people get confused and think that Link is Zelda.

Stamina is a statistic in many games that can mean several different things, it is commonly used to determine defense or energy. In a third person game you can see the character so if you lose you see the character die.

HUD stands for Heads-up display and it is used in most games to show important things such as health, energy, ammo etc. but if you were invincible you wouldn't need one. In the Sims series you live out the life of a character, most people have fun with it and mess around but I'm saying Phila teaches them to be nice because he's gotten things back to front or upside down. Inverting the Y-Axis in games makes it so when you push the left analog stick up the camera looks down and when you push it down it looks up.

Sephiroth is the main antagonist in Final Fantasy VII, when he finds out he is an experiment from Jenova he's mad to say the least. The virtual boy was a portable 3-D console released by Nintendo a while back, the catch was the only colours it used were black and red. Seeing black and red also refers to what usually happens to the screen during a first person game when taking damage.

The Nintendo DS has two screens.

When you die/lose on a game there is often a game over screen.

And yes I'm definitely up for a rematch of this, was the most fun I've had writing bars.
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Need more of these types of battles tbh. And the UK references one. I'll re-read and vote later.
    test
  12. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

fucking dead @ all the breakdowns hauof shdjngnjfd

i thought phila got it
    test
  13. Stock IV

Stock IV fevrier

the breakdowns are genius imo :funny:
    test
  14. Twinmania

Where the videogame loving peeps at?
    test
  15. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

dope battle really hard to call imo i like philas double meanings but i gave it to twin cuz the 3rd person line was my fav of the battle
    test
  16. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Hard to judge... probably agree with Warlock though. Could've been better, no hate.
    test
  17. PhilaTit

test
  18. Twinmania

It's all good Gwame.

It's currently a tie, LEGGOOO
    test
  19. PhilaTit

pm the judges you elected, Gwame has you up officially at 1-0
    test
  20. Twinmania

Completely forgot we selected judges, PM'd Eyerate, teacozy and zerobydivide but it won't let me PM mapleleaf so we need another judge, up to you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.