tell me the best 3 songs of these artists

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by EmceeGoddess, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drones

Drones Active Member

Wow, eg, you'll just keep paraphrasing the same points, huh? Don't respond to that.

This is why your analogy doesn't work and it pretty much sums up the only point I'm trying to make it this point: The staples of the kind of music Doom's making aren't: rap on beat and make sense. More like: make weird word combinations in monotonous voice. If you want to argue that it doesn't qualify as rapping that's fine, it doesn't change the fact that you can't appreciate this music because you're a conservative simpleton, who likes music that sounds good and makes sense.
    test
  2. ThurzOmega

ThurzOmega New Member

So you PURPOSELY listen to music that doesn't make sense and isn't entertaining, or generally good sounding?

LMAO, that's SO stupid..I can just imagine you sitting there bobbing your head to MF Doom spitting madlibs over random drum patterns that never repeat or form a rhythm, thinking "YEAH, this is DOPE!"
    test
  3. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

^if thoese arent the staples then hes like flo rida lol hes a new genre of music
    lmao we will call it gumdrop
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

LOL you are an absolute moron.

*drones eats a pile of horse shit*

"what, you simple minded peeon. you need food that is actual food and won't make you deathly ill? LOL you're so narrow minded *begins to vomit uncontrollably* BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS MAN"

dude just dissed me for liking music that 'sounds good and makes sense'
    test
  5. Drones

Drones Active Member

Lol, that was good.
    Off to bump 78's of whales moaning.
    test
  6. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

Actually, I think he was dissing you for not being able to appreciate different interpretations of rap. Although TBH there is no problem with disliking certain rappers, but saying they suck is a bit extreme.

I understand why you dislike Budden & MF Doom though, I'm not big fans of them either but I don't think they suck, I just don't dig their styles.
    test
  7. EmceeGoddess

i clearly appreciate different variations of rap. eminem and bone thugs are about as far apart as you can get. but reciting lyrics off beat isn't even rap to me. and he literally called me a simpleton because i like music that 'sounds good and makes sense' LOL
    test
  8. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

I assumed he was retarded and was trying to make a point but failed miserably. I was just attempting to make it coherent but it was probably pointless. You are right anyways: good sounding rap/with good lyrics > experimental off beat stuff.
    test
  9. Caspeez

Caspeez New Member

Thats the thing though -- rap preferences are purely subjective, like almost everything else. You (and I mean people in general) can't tell people they're stupid or to "find something other than hip-hop cuz yew cleerly dont know what it is, its not for you" just because you don't agree with it.

"I' love watching basketball, it's so exciting, specially the cavs, lebron james is so explosive, he knows what to do with the ball, he is real live basketball. I've never understood baseball and the hype around it though, its so boring, some of the rules dont even make sense to me actually and I cant wrap my head around why people like watching it, i dont even consider it a real sport to be honest, ive tried to like it but i dont see the appeal in watching someone throw a ball fast and others trying to hit it."

not a great analogy by any means but its to each his own. someone isnt an idiot if they dont like a song that you like. They just have different tastes.
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

test
  11. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

test
  12. EmceeGoddess

i peeped too much joey buttons, he sucks, im done with him.
    test
  13. chicagolive

chicagolive Member

buddens dope.
    test
  14. AGENTSPITS

AGENTSPITS Got A BJ From AVA DEVINE!

Joe Budden >>>>>>

he's easily my favorite rapper

too many pages to read through here, and I'm sure a lot of my favorite songs already got posted so I won't bother to post anymore, especially when you seem not have peeped enough to know ur just not a fan.

His catalogue of music is huge, and there's not too much wackness in it either. When it comes to those deep real life tracks, not many rappers holding a candle to Budden's Mood Muzik shit.
    test
  15. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

Cannibal Ox is dopeasfuck. El-p is an amazing producer. you are ridiculous. I ask you to listen to the songs im gonna go to the work of posting for you with an open mind. I dont know how a true hiphop head could hate this.
    Im gonna post some honest to god dopeasfuck songs by can ox, el-p, vast aire, mf doom
    [youtube]VISjTT4lD9s[/youtube]
    [youtube]1dRjsaaK7uo[/youtube]
    [youtube]1hOfXcpGGCw[/youtube]
    [youtube]CR6950Dueq0[/youtube]
    [youtube]j9vmkNJBYQo[/youtube]
    [youtube]3DIK7QFtQjQ[/youtube]

Those show that no one does relationship tracks like el-p. both amazing.
    [youtube]61cYyhI3hQQ[/youtube]
    test
  16. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

if you hate those songs you have horrible taste.

stick to pumkinhead and jedi mind tricks.

Oh btw Dez and Nobs are really good you should listen to them
    test
  17. Special*T

Special*T Special-T

test
  18. solon L

solon L that boy

overly dramatic truth has a dope beat

good call
    test
  19. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

Best post so far! Homie knows wassup.

Here are some more ridiculously sick tracks by Doom. Easily one of the most unique MCs EVER.

[youtube]ubOxUeV6KDs[/youtube]

[youtube]KZU4X5FMqw8[/youtube]

[youtube]YBT2mFY75FI[/youtube]

[youtube]Un1EUORbKSI[/youtube]

One of my favorite El-P's songs...beat is sickening and his cadence is wow:

[youtube]clW-eiA6Cx0[/youtube]
    test
  20. BOOOOOOOM

BOOOOOOOM New Member

I dont really blame you for your opinion on certain rappers nor do i have the patience or will to convince you to like another rapper . . . but thats one of the dumbest statements i've ever heard on this forum . Your spectrum of hip hop is so narrow and specific that it truly offends me . I listen to Jeezy , Joe Budden , Big Pun , Remy Ma , Biggie , Nelly , Wayne , Eminem , Tech N9ne and Eazy E the most . I dont claim they're my top rappers of all time but as MUSIC and it catering to my mood , i enjoy it and it doesnt affect my knowledge on anything . And that goes for everyone else . You claiming something NOT RAP is just obnoxious and clearly shows that you dont listen to all variations . This statement is proven by you saying Bone Thugs and Eminem are the farthest apart you can get . Sorry for rambling , i just feel like this a much needed respect booster amongst other fans of Hip Hop everyone should have .
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.