tell me the best 3 songs of these artists

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by EmceeGoddess, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Yo eg, post a link to ur music so we can check it out.
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

i dont make music and i dont have any songs.
    test
  3. ARCANE905

ARCANE905 New Member

[youtube]s4iR668Ki3I[/youtube]

MF Doom got them dope, simple barz:

"who rock the house like rock n roll...
    got more soul than a sock with a hole/
    - set the stage with a goal/ .. to have the game
    locked inna cage gettin shocked with a pole/"

" --- he's in it for the quiche/
    ya might as well not ask him for no free shit, capice?"

" --- u hear this on the radio, tape it/
    play it in ya stereo, ya crew will go ape-shit/"
    test
  4. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

oh i see.
    test
  5. Sleazy-E

Sleazy-E amsterdam!

test
  6. EmceeGoddess

i like the the first quote, the last one could be tight. he's just too boring for me. and i hate that beat. mf doom just isn't for me.
    test
  7. opus

opus Member

why are you picking out bars when Ghost paints whole pictures with his verses. it's retarded. go listen to Wu Tang - MGM. they connects.

[youtube]ZbY7sHooryA[/youtube]

two Black Belts that break bricks - Rae and Ghost two OG's chopping up coke and selling it to rich folks before the big fight

that shit is raw

Stream of consciousness - New World Encyclopedia

might be true but it's still not touching Ghost.

you're the same dude who looks at a picasso and says "wassup with all these cubes?" just admit you don't get it and stfu.
    test
  8. Drones

Drones Active Member

Yeah, that's shallow in my eyes. With the list of your favourite rap records in mind, it's not surprising that you can't get into something like Doom or Can Ox, but it still seems like you're not taking it for what it is.
    Do you think Doom is trying to make sense with every bar he says?
    Do you think he tries really hard to stay on beat all the time?
    No? Then that's not really well founded critique. It's cool that you aren't into that kind of thing, but at least be open minded enough to try to understand why someone like Doom - at his best - is good (incredible, actually) at what he does. And chill with the name calling, Eminem equals 30% of your frame of reference, youngin.
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

yes dude, i admit it, i dont get what is good about something saying

ALRIGHT A THOUSAND TIMES ONE

or

TYSON BIT HOLYFIELD EAR

that shit is fucking annoying and gay.

instead of saying "i went to the store to buy milk" you think it's dope to say "caught the 4-wheel to barter for cow juice" or some shit.

enjoy your ghostface and your stream of consciousness rap!

"ordered hot coffee with a danish" - yeah that shits heat
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

if you think it's shallow to dislike someone for making no sense and rapping off beat IN A RAP SONG then you are simply stupid.

why would i care if he's trying to make zero sense or doesn't care if he raps off beat? i don't like it at all either way so that's irrelevant. you don't have to TRY hard to rap onto beat when you're a rapper. it just happens.

this is somehow going to be a revelation to you but when you aren't rhyming words and your flow is off beat, that's not called rapping.

eminem is 30% of my frame of reference? no. it's not. sslp is one of my fav albums and its 12 years old. eternal is that old too. pac's shit is even older. wtf are u talking about?

like seriously man, you have to be stupid to think it's shallow for me to not like off beat rappers who make no sense. like, fine if you want to listen to that, that's cool, but it doesn't make me shallow when those are the most standard and accepted prerequisites to rapping EVER.

it would seriously be like if you asked me to watch your favorite basketball team play and every shot was a brick, they traveled every 3 steps, and they passed out of bounds every damn time. id be like "wow these guys are horrible they cannot play basketball" and you would say "dude you're so shallow."

if you want to listen to mf doom, in his boring and monotone voice say shit like, "Should've let your trick 'ho chick hold your sick glow" that's fine. but im not shallow for thinking that fucking sucks.
    test
  11. Wonderin

Wonderin New Member

I was at that concert. Red and Meth are crazy with the live shows.
    test
  12. opus

opus Member

:scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared: :scared::scared::scared::scared:
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

[youtube]VdubgJ-eGuw[/youtube]

this is dope
    test
  14. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Joe Budden has a lot of good music IMO. In a way, he's a real slept on rapper. Some people are aware of the good music he makes and others just know him as the Pump It Up/Fire rapper. Budden is one of my personal favorites and it's hard for me to just name a few good songs from him. If I had to throw a few out there.. Whatever It Takes, Dumb Out, Walk With Me, Downfall, R.I.P., My Life, All Of Me. Again, those are just a few. I could name 50.

Ghost is the type of rapper that just ain't for everybody, lol. He has his own slang and shit and sometimes it just sounds weird. Some of my favorite Ghost songs are Ghost Deini, One and Poisonous Darts. Those are solo Ghost songs. I didn't name any with others on them.
    test
  15. Drones

Drones Active Member

I didn't say you were shallow for not liking it - I said it was cool if you didn't - but it is shallow when you turn your personal preferences into universal truths. If a weird, abstract, off-kilter etc. type of record can never be great in your mind - and that's how it's looking - there's really no point to this argument.

No, it would be like if you went to see a punk band and as soon as they start playing you're like: "WTF this is loud, where is the chorus and why are they so angry???".
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

no, that's not what shallow means and that's not how you originally said it. you said my arguments for not liking these guys were shallow and unfounded, when they clearly weren't since i listed very solid reasons for disliking them.

lol sure, anyone can listen to anything they want and if someone thought a recording of me farting over a beat for 3m was dope i wouldn't care. but to act like im shallow for needing a rapper to actually rap on beat is ridiculous. and yes, i think that is a universal requirement for rapping, at least it should be. that's the reason there is a beat, to compliment the rapper and to flow to it. what's the point of ignoring the rhythm of the beat?

no, i like abstract and weird shit, but that's not what i see when i think of doom. terrible lyrics which talk about nothing != abstract and weird. it = terrible lyrics. rapping off beat != unique and off kilter, it's fucking lazy rapping and i can't listen to it.

this is a horrible analogy so ill fix it for you.

it would be like if i went to a punk rock show and the staples of punk rock were missing. there were no guitars or drums involved and the lead singer was playing an accordion.
    test
  17. DaAce

DaAce Soloist

im not a mf doom fan either... never heard anything from canibal ox
    test
  18. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

i just went through this thread... u have the worst taste in music ever.... u think joe budden sucks??? out of all the terrible rappers in the world.. u pick joe budden?

you fuckin suck... at life
    test
  19. EmceeGoddess

yeah because joe budden does suck
    test
  20. GTBoston89

GTBoston89 Member

ya exactly it hard for me to make a top 50 for him, id still be leaving out some dope tracks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.