TEK'S CORNER: The RSTL Tournament

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

TEK’S CORNER
    A SPECIAL MAG EDITION OF THE RSTL

What is up folks, welcome to the corner… I am TEKNEEK. I wanna start things off by telling all yall if u got questions, or any other info you wanna say or discuss you can hit me on AIM: Tonguecancer or by e-mail taesheek@hotmail.com.

With the starting of the 64 heads in this 2nd annual RSTL Tourney… I wanna say that as of today the MODS are all functioning and everything is at a go. 4 active MODS and the juggling is still stable. Without a doubt, this tourney has been the thing peeps have been waiting for and you can say that after a week gone by… a lot has happened and we’ll be getting into that soon. Usually, the RSTL TOURNEY would be taking place come Thanksgiving… but with the current status of the RSTL doing aaaaa… somewhat OK… the Tourney is what’s needed to give it a little boost. The excitement and the seriousness that’s brought into this competition is all that is cool to see when peepin the message boards. Let’s get moving at a different direction to something else…​

RSTL TAG TEAM TOURNEY

As you can see and tell…. There will be a RSTL TAG-TEAM TOURNEY come Thanksgiving. It will consist of two individuals teaming up to working together on providing the tightest and the best tag team. This new innovative tourney has been thought of ever since the last RSTL Tourney and has been put to hold seeing my absence throughout this year as Mod. But with things back on track… adding this to the league will bring something never done before and something people must get into.

A lot more speculation and planning is in process of bringing out the rules and regulations for this special occasion, but for sure we know that the process of forming, acting and seeing the results come for these folks will be something to feel real excited about. By the time this is all over, a 1st ever tag team combo of champions will be crowned and declared in the Hall of Champions in the Top 40 forum. So if you’re looking to participate… the fun is just beginning. And with that fun comes to the story up next….

ESTIMATING THE EAST

As we scope into the tourney… we start off with the East. And as it seems not a lot has shocked us… the 4-5-6 seeds have fallen and seemingly so, we have several cinderellas pictured in the mix. With CLAUSHOUSE not to be attended to this year’s tourney, we know that there will be no repeat champion for the RSTL Tourney. But in controversial form… WWIII gets a late arrival to the gig and quickly gets into his usual onslaught of opponents. Victim: KOMPLEXX. That was expected to happen… TEK vs CALEFACTION was a no-show… so the publicity in that was shunned only to find that the 2nd round now holds a historic moment for RSTL and for RMC history. WWIII vs TEKNEEK… part 4. Really… its part 3. TEK no-showed the previous time… and the two contests beforehand took place way back in the RWF days… and WWIII fit worthy to be the owner of the rhyme… boasting and bragging then how he beat RWF’s greatest storyteller. This is one part of the best matches to happen in the second round and the end-result while expected to WWIII’s favor… will see something hopefully exciting between these two.

The upset losses to both KON$PIRACY and CRYOGENIC was a rather jolt of shock to all of us as WHITE-EYEZ brought imo a great rhyme piece and took the #5 ranked out of this misery while CRYOGENIC, one of my favorites to go far… lose miserably to a damn good showing by TRAPEZOIDAL. With this upset, I’ve brought a keen eye on TRAP to be the big surprise that may be the buzz if he comes find to see himself past WHITE-EYEZ and thru WWIII/TEKNEEK. If this comes to occur, TRAP will indeed see himself as a public name that should not be darkened in the eyes of champions and looked to with a brighter name. For me, TRAP is a big interest in the tourney.

Although PROPHETIONAL’s low ranking is seemingly untrue of his place, his absence from the RSTL scene has proved him to be at that spot but quickly dissipated as he manhandles STRIKE2 and moves to the 2nd round to see himself with the SHOCK. SHOCK is the biggest noisemaker and the fastest riser in noise, publicity, and in battling as well as storytelling. I spoke with SHOCK a number of times during the tourney and he has minimal knowledge on the opponents he may face. And with his match against PROPHETIONAL… he stands confident and rather arrogant that he may win with not much labor… only to see his future glisten with another of one of the great matches of ROUND 2… ISH BISH KANISH and JOWELZ. IBK is a name that many have not really seen in full eye, but he is probably he most underrated, most notorious storytellers I’ve known. And he is NOT to be taken with ease into competition. JOWELZ is already a legend… not in the league but in the entire site. While it seems that the East has the best competition… it also has the toughest when clashing at one another… and is probably the most exciting bracket thus far… and will continue to be if the likes of WWIII, TEK, TRAP, SHOCK or JOWELZ come shining at the end to see who rules the EAST. I can’t wait to see what happens after this week is over.
    test
  2. TeKneeK

WEIGHING THE WEST

The West at first seemed like an easy route to the odds-on favorite.. IV. But as the week unfolded, most of the top ranks have easily moved on to the second round with one exception of DR CAUSE getting out of a NS with VADIK. With the WEST… the poison is chosen thru much thought. IV, UNDERDOG, CIGMA and ATHEIST are the major dangers… L DOGG and ILLWEEMAN can be the shockers… FORMAL LOGIC is a maybe but in the hands of CIGMA, I highly doubt it. The biggest noisemaker however is ATHEIST. While ATH has had a history of controversy in his voting ways in the past with the league, he continues to show some real impressive wins as of late and looks extremely confident to look ahead to CIGMA/FORM LOGIC. With the upper brackets, IV barely got off to what coulda been the biggest upset in RSTL history barely getting by W1CKED with a half ass verse. He has furiously declared that he will come full maximal power against L-DOGG, who at this time has had some problems in his side…losing to TEKNEEK not long ago in the league and then finding himself beating HELLRZAH but caught in IV’s tracks. If we see IV caught again half-assed… kiss his hopes for a title goodbye as L-DOGG can come at anytime with that one keen rhyme that will shock everyone… L-DOGG is worthy of that … but theyre path to the finals lies within the winner of the UNDERDOG vs ILLWEEMAN. This is one of the good matches to watch for. ILLWEEMAN is real smart and very vivid. He has a great chance at being the shocker of all in the West. But the UNDERDOG concealed in his identity, is the one I may likely see at the finals (yes I don’t see IV going far), but UD is cruisin’ for a bruising… and as I said before.. after this week.. the picture will become a lot more brighter.

The lower bracket of the West sees most likely a great match between CIGMA and ATHEIST. I like and hope this match to be… you got two great adversaries and two great writers who are highly consistent and style clashers when facing each other. This can be a nice worthy match lead to.. with IV and UNDERDOG or ILLWEEMAN on the other side… the West is that much more exciting to see as weeks go.. and can give a great great drama into what else unfolds later on in the tourney.

NAVIGATING THRU THE NORTH

Veering through the brackets, we find ourselves into the North, and with VERN-ACULAR’S unfortunate leave… JJ DAHMER’s fate to move on has faded as well to find THE UNORTHODOX (an alias also) to push himself through a BYE week in the 2nd and to move past through everyone and be touched at the 3rd round awaiting the winner of CEREAL_KILLER and THA TALENT. I will not underestimate CK… CK has had some spurts of interesting pieces in rhyme but to match up with THA TALENT… it may seem a bit too overwhelming. THA TALENT is a xtra large heavyweight. The predictions lean to THA TALENT moving to the 3rd round and pushing himself against THE UNORTHODOX in the 3rd round which is already a forecasted battle of notable proportions!!!

The lowerside of the North is much lowkey and quiet. Quiet comeups from JWEAKS and RICH COREY show a quietness and the awaiting of their true battleform to shove out of their shell. Both are finesse noisemakers and keen poets. I do honestly see JWEAKS being the weaker link considering if he does not come focused fully. His exit may push RC to see himself in the 4th possibly… but MUTI has been a rather nice upbringing. MUTI has been a quiet flasher from the league into the tourney. Not much is ever said of him… but I look to really get a nice upcoming with his match against RC… heck we might see an upset.. that is very much possible.. RC or not. As for STORM BRINGA, his only chance to get by is to bring full aggressive poetics on JWEAKS and hope that the soft side demeanor of JWEAKS falls short of his true potential. --- RC and JWEAKS look promising but MUTI is a big foewrecker.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

SALVAGING THE SOUTH

Welcome to Cinderella City. EYEDILL gone…. IDOL gone… PEEPERS gone… DAILY SINS gone….AWEDISHIN.. gone! What big names left?? – DAHLOHNER… we can stop right there. DAHLOHNER possibly seeing an easy move to the finals??? With all the great talent scrapped and shifted off the spotlight, cinderellas like J.CHRIST, SYNTEX and ENTOURAGE can chance to really show their shine in the South.. however, names like PATRIARCH, ART WRITAZ and CAMBER won’t make that easy at all for the underrankers. Will this be the bracket of the Cinderella??? Or will the lowprofile styles of CAMBER and DAHLOHNER seize the moment to take the easy route out? ART WRITAZ has a slight possibility of upsetting DL and taking it all the way… but ENTOURAGE and TEXT is a good match to focus into…. J.CHRIST has been outspoken of all the cats and has brought a lot of fire and enthusiasm as of late and is feeling a great outcoming against CAMBER…. --- we hope to see if that is the case..

As of this time… we take you over to the man with skills… the observer of the spotlight… THA TALENT to give you his side…​

RSTL Tournament!!!
    The Round of 32
    Previews and Betting Lines

NORTH
    2. Jweaks vs. 10. Storm Bringa
    Poetiquette has proven that he is one of the best in the RSTL time and time again. He words everything beautifully, and comes with some of the more creative, if not best, plots in the RSTL. His rhyme scheme is tremendous, and he is, without a doubt, a contender to win this tournament. Storm Bringa seems to be someone who will become a contender in the future, but is very unpolished. This is not going to be a pushover for Jweaksfrodapike, either. Storm Bringa uses nice plots and good enough rhyme scheme that a verse like last weeks from the Poet will probably not get him the win, so he will need to put effort in. Still, now that Vern is out of the way, Poetiquette get the hype to win a tough bracket, and the North will be very interesting. lineJweaks 7:2

3. Richard Corey vs. 11. Muti
    This is the poorman's WWIII vs. Tekneek. Richard Corey is bordering on RSTL greatness. He has a fantastic writers voice and is very creative. His flow is stellar and he really shows a lot of knowledge in each of his pieces. He hasn't mastered the art of storytelling quite yet: his plots are not what the RSTL likes in a plot, and he can go a little overboard with knowledge, which has a tendency to confuse lesser voters, but he will one get his due. Muti is on the lower end of average. He isn't bad, he just doesn't do anything well enough to gain definition, similar to Baysick, but slightly worse. His flow needs work, as do his plots. He probably won't be able to hang with Corey.lineRichard Corey 10:1

4. Tha Talent vs. 12. Cereal_Killer
    I don't like to comment on myself, but i will say this. I really don't put too much effort into the RSTL, and it has hurt me in plenty of spots where I could have finally made a dent in the league. Still, I have proven myself a worthy four seed, I believe. Anyway, Cereal Killer is a kid that in my mind has potential that is still as raw as sugar cane. He has a slight grasp on flow and rhyme scheme, and his writers voice is starting to develop, but he hasn't emerged yet. I think every person on this board should vote on this battle. lineN/A

EAST
    1. WWIII vs. 8. Tekneek
    Warren Worthington III is the monster in every RSTL member's closet and under every RSTL member's bed. Tekneek is the kid at the sleepover who loses "Eenie Meenie Mighty Moe" and has to look for the monster. Warren's combination of flawless flow and great content told with superb writers voice and imagery makes him pretty much the essense of a writer. There have only been a few writers to grace the RSTL walls with talent comprable to Warren's, but most of them have proven inconsistent and/or apathetic (see Idol Z for further references). Warren is different, because he likes to have bragging rights. Tek knows he is in for a hell of a ride, and hopes his good plots, nice flow, and decent writers voice will keep him respectable in Warren's shadow. Though his only real hope is a no show, lets be honest here. lineWarren 12:1

2. Jowelz vs. 7. Ish Bish Kanish
    What a matchup we have here. Most people consider this the best match of the round, from what i understand. This should be a close one. Jowelz is a five time champion hell bent on proving that he hasn't fallen off. He posted a great verse last week, and he has ANOTHER tough match up this week, in a road that is definitly the hardest fight to the final four in store for anyone. His plots are legendary, his imagery is more than enough, his flow is dope and improving constantly, and he is a master of suspense and creativity. So what about Ish Bish Kanish aka Scenario? Scen has yet to win a championship, and is right up with Cigma as the best not to win one. Scenario has found flow to be one of his strongest assets, but his plots are very well constructed, plus he has a well honed writers voice. He is one of the most underated people here, and could win the tournament if he give it his all. Plus he is hell bent on beating Jowelz, which always helps. Jowelz: the old goat just trying to prove himself again. Scenario: hoping to show the RSTL what they have been missing. This should be a great match.line:Jowelz 3:2
    test
  4. TeKneeK

3. Shock vs. 11. Prophetional
    Matchups between a three seed and an eleven seed are generally not considered a close contest(see Richard Corey vs. Muti), but this is going to be as close as anything this round. Shock is a very polished battler, but he is still a little raw in terms of storytelling. He is vastly improved from his short lived reign as RSTL champion, though. His flow is great and he is getting better at plot tapestry. His writers voice is emerging aswell. But Prophetional is a little more skilled, even though he is even less polished. He has a lot of talent with rhyme scheme and plots that have made him into a very hyped RSTL contender, and he will be a tough match for Shock. Shock is RMC's "Summer Savior," but can he handle a Prophet? Should be one to look into.line:Prophetional 4:3

13. Trap vs. 12. White Eyez
    Thirteenth seed my ass, trap part of the upper echelon of textcees, and is a contender in this tournament. He has a great writers voice, solid rhyme schemes, and one of the more creative minds in the RSTL at this moment. His verse last weeks speaks for itself, he approaches topics with creativity rather than indifference. The question with trap is, how long will he stay interested. White Eyez is almost a reverse spectrum. He is talented, but not so talented that he has built up a reputation as a dope writer, and it seems that he wants that reputation badly. He is slightly above average to average in most catagories, and, with the right honing and practice, could possibly be able to do something in this league. But it is a battle between the proven and the unproven, and trap has shown that he should have no problem with White Eyez after he shut out an even better writer last week. line:Trap 8:1

WEST
    1. InsaneVillain vs. 9. L-Dogg
    Holding one of the greatest reigns in RSTL history, InsaneVillain is arguably the idealistic RSTL writer. His flow is sweet and he comes up with deeply thought out plots that keep readers captivated. But is the troll train about to stop here? In his last two topical battles, IV has tied with an upstart named DMetrius and almost lost to an alias(WICKID) who was using a story diss verse. His verse last week was arguably his worst verse in the last year, and now he has to prove he still has all that it takes. L-Dogg is the looked over kid with a style that i really like. His rhyme schemes are well done and he can come up with some pretty creative imagery. But IV knows L-Dogg, and has no plans to underrate him as he did with WICKID and DMetrius. This should be good. line:IV 4:1

15. Dr. Cause vs. 7. Atheist
    Atheist is one of the most underrated RSTL heads out there. He combines deep and thoughtout plots with a solid flow and good imagery, and is definitly a force when he wants to be, beating such RSTL greats as Infinite Truth in the past. Dr. Cause is an unknown commodity, i have only seen one verse by him, a quicky against Vadik's no show last week. He seems to have some potential, but his rhyme scheme, writers voice, and plots all are very raw. Perhaps he can step it up big time against Atheist, but from what i have seen, this will be an easy win for the non-believer. lineAtheist 11:2

3. Cigma vs. 11. Formal Logic
    Cigma is, in my mind, the greatest RSTL head without a title. His poetic style, though the reason he doesn't hold a title, is beautifully orchestrated and gives him one of the best writer's voices in the league, supported by a nice flow and usually quite interesting plots. He is defnitly a character to watch for in the West Bracket. Formal Logic is a kid I don't know too much about, but his verse last week was impressive. He has a good flow and pretty nice writers voice, and the plot wasn't bad by any means. This should be a very interesting match here. lineCigma 3:1

4. IllWeeMan vs. 5. Underdog
    If I had to pick an RSTL fan favorite, it would probably be IllWeeMan. The former mod is respected and loved, and he's not a bad writer either. He has good flow, good plots, and good writers voice and imagery, making him a "good" writer. Underdog is the opposite of WeeMan, because no one knows who he is. Before the tournament, he was hyped up to be Peril Eyes, but he wrote a comedical verse for round one, something Peril is not known for. However, Underdog does seem to be very talented. His round one verse was faced against a no show, but he came up with a terrific plot filled with wit galore and great imagery, along with decent flow, though better multis would have been nice. WeeMan seems to be a cool kid, but I give an edge to the Underdog, as ironic as that is. lineUnderdog 5:1
    test
  5. TeKneeK

SOUTH
    1. Dahlohner vs. 8. Art Writaz
    Though he has lost the famous sign in posts and his flow is more tapered, DahLohner is still an RSTL Legend, and infact is at the peak of his game. His plots have never been nicer, his writers voice is pure genius in my book, and his flow is still near the top. Art Writaz is arguably the most underrated champion of all time. He approaches every piece with a nice flow and above average imagery usage. This battle should be very interesting, but Dah is just the more developed writer. Two of my favorite RSTL heads collide in this, should be a great read. lineDahlohner 3:1

15. Syntex vs. 7. Patriarch
    Patriarch swears he will see RSTL Championship soon, and he has definitly elevated himself since the last time the RSTL has seen him play. His rhyme scheme is still not enough, as he doesn't eve use multis, but he has a very nice writers voice, and comes up with creative plots. I haven't read a thing from Syntex, so i can't judge him. He only wrote a no show verse last round against Mac Flow, who i really wish was still in this. If Syntex is any good, this might not be bad. lineN/A

14. Entourage vs. 11. Text
    Entourage is someone to watch for in the RSTL. He is about to make his presense known, and is above average in every catagory of storytelling. A member of the crew Eye N Team, Entourage seems ready to take on anyone that will come in his way, and could very well take the bracket. Text is new to storytelling, but is not bad by any means. He has a poetic style that is still raw, but will not be a total pushover. This is a battle of two relatively new and rising RSTL heads, that could be interesting. lineEntourage 5:1

13. J. Christ vs. 5. Camber
    Camber, the freeposter and alias freak, vs. J.Christ, probably an alias. This match is going to be much more even than one might think. I didn't like J.Christ's verse last week, but he showed he has enough talent to get through to this round. If he comes with something other than a story diss this week, he actually has the rhyme scheme and writers voice to post a threat for Camber. Camber is still a very raw writer. He has yet to fine tune his rhyme scheme or writers voice, but is getting there, and has the talent to win this round atleast, even if he can't get past Dah or Art next week. This will be a close one aswell. lineCamber 3:1

Thank you TALENT for that breakdown… now, as we find ourselves in the final element of the CORNER, I wanna remind all of you that as we continue in being in the tourney… that…we UTMOST RESPECTFULLY ASK… that all of you participate in much VOTING as you can and to do it with your most honest convictions. As the tourney gets more further.. the matches dissipate…. And with lesser matches for the tourney occur… absence in voting will be present.

However, --- considering that if the co-champions of the RSTL league are not in the league’s restarting… then that we may hold off the regular league until everything is unfolded in the tourney. Time will tell…. The return of the regular league may be at the time the FINAL 4 is revealed… but all is bleak until more unfolds in this tourney… stay tuned for more info.​

This tourney is more exciting… the many great heads competing is what juices the excitement and the ability for me to systematically work out the matchups and such give it a very stable movement shows more consistency with everything. Thanks to all those in this… and hope that you all do well.

Join me next time as we get into the tourney and reveal the latest and greatest things to happen in the best league on the internet… THE RSTL.

For James Propane…

I’m ya daddy.

Pz.
    test
  6. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Word at all the good shit you said about me TeK, finally some credit given Weez. Just to let ya'll know, I plan to come reallllll hard this week and since he's an alias (which is gay) - I hope I win. Alias's are dumb!
    .. Good luck though man, gon' be tight

As for this mag, this was ill. The Tag Team Topical Tourny is an iLL Idea no doubt. Good shit

Nice shit man. I don't like the odds against me though, that's baadd
    test
  7. J.Christ

J.Christ Registered User

Thanks for the mentions Big Tek.

Dope mag. I read the east and south sections and all the previews.
    test
  8. Gummo

Gummo New Member

Don't use multi's?... LOL

Must have just skimmed thru each of my pieces, there full of multi's as far as I can see. But anyhow, besides all that shit... nice mag.. keep the shit up...

The mag' is what really makes this league stand out compared to others.. nice work.
    test
  9. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

lol, i think i was thinking of someone else Patriarch
    your right..
    but i did feel your verse for last week more than any of your older ones
    test
  10. Gummo

Gummo New Member

Just stepped back into the site and the tourny was startin, of course a little rust needs to be scraped off...

thanks talent, keep an eye out i'm not done yet... link me to some of your stuff,.. i dont believe ive read anything from you...

thanks, p²
    test
  11. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Man - this was tight - *gives big daps*
    test
  12. W1CKED

W1CKED . . of Gods & Earths

Nice shit Tek.
    My name is spelled 'W1CKED' though.
    But anyway, good mag, dog.

ps. I'm not an alias...I'm a fuckin' newbie!...
    lmao...

-W1
    test
  13. Nebz

Nebz R.I.P. Point Game

RSTL.....Holding It down
    test
  14. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

Dope fucking mag, Tek. Much respect is given.

but what's this I always here in magazines about me doing dodgy voting? I don't know what the fuck is up with that.
    test
  15. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

test
  16. Strike

Strike packin that metal

its raaainin maaags halleluja its rainin maags...we be holdin it down like that good shit tek
    test
  17. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

GRin....dodgy voting heh.
    test
  18. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

this was tight.. nice job guys.. and thanks to talent for not overlookin my skills like some u people :)

imma beat iv's ass u watch
    test
  19. Muti

Muti I just write

Was feeling the whole read.. the breakdowns and the look outs.. Very nice.. Tek you defintley give back to the RSTL and I think we should give back to the leauge by showing and giving good votes...

PROPS..

and I'm still elevating....
    test
  20. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Talent - your breakdowns were on point - plus they were smooth and precise - dope dawg...

And nod about the voting - I didn't really vote last week - cuz I've been caught up in some real life ugly shit - that I'm still going throught right now - see topic 4 - but right now - I'm looking for diversions - and I will definitely come full throttle this week.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.