Tek's Contraversy Mag: - Vol. 3 -

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Vern Acular, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

THE CONTROVERSY
    THE RSTL MAGAZINE THAT GRABS YOUR ATTENTION

What is up folks.. you’ve just entered the CONTROVERSY. This publicated thread is a magazine based on the ongoing events within the RSTL and is an unofficial column dealing with strictly opinionated observations. If you wish to contact me, my aim is: Verbatimental and if you wish to get at me personally, you can hit me at verbatimental@hotmail.com

Alright, let’s get into this. With the week gone by, it now seems that the level of hype in the RSTL has increased immensely in both enrollment and popularity. From all that’s been said and done, we can only find that the excitement is about to begin… and what more better than the two for one week. For those that don’t know, in the essence of provision of privileges, the RSTL has initiated a two win reward to any of the competitors who come through with a win this week. That alone might’ve grabbed enough attention for onlookers to jump at the chance to sign-in and to make better of their respective records.. and for those newbies to get a quick jump into the scene to bring about a good impressive 2-0 to their start. And with this, the beginning has only started.

THE RSTL TOP 10… PURE HOTNESS!

The RSTL Top 10 this week is nothing short of spectacular from 1 thru 10! The recent beautification of the RSTL folks coming in and bringing their best adds more worth to the RSTL belt. And with the continuation of 2004 headed thru December, the forecast for the league looks awesome. But back at the topic at hand… the top ten. The people are here and more are coming!

Let me just list all the names that are in the top 10 right now… TALENT, INFINITE TRUTH, ANAPHORA, RICHARD COREY, JOWELZ, ILL-LOGIC, NOIB, AWEDISHIN and EQUITIUS. The first 5 alone is like hall of famers all grouped in one team. From my recollection, its been a very long while since I seen a top 10 as more impressive as this. Readers who are looking to get a look-in on some good storytelling need not search around for it… the top ten is here and it is nothing but hotness.

INFINITE TRUTH, RICHARD COREY, and JOWELZ are unquestionably true champions and hall of famers… and their presence alone is enough to attract attention from any walks of the world wide web to come and see what true storytelling is about. True success stories such as TALENT and AWEDISHIN give a good 2nd boost to the already three names mentioned and display an exciting array of topical artists formulating the top ten. Talents such as ILL-LOGIC and ANAPHORA with NOIB and EQUITIUS furnish the top ten with some new fresh faces and new bloods to enter in the league.

I feel that forecasting the league right now as it is, it is real good to see such legends, now-school noisemakers and new bloods all together in this mix. The RSTL right now seems so healthy with the amount of great challenges going on and with such skilled artists jumping into the scene. With so many impressive names on the outer boundaries of the next 10 peeking in, I feel that the top ten MIGHT become a lot more vicious in the coming weeks. Considering if the vets move up as planned, the beauty of seeing such great writers furnish the entire top 20 might find itself to have a story of its own. But for what it’s worth this week, I can only say that the unfolding of what happens in the top ten will leave all of us in wonder in knowing what future ramifications will reveal for the lucky five that come thru with the wins this week.​
    test
  2. Vern Acular

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS ARE COMING!

Take a good look at the names that have arrived to the league this week. We have veterans and we have topical veterans making their debut here in the RSTL. With the many great names in the mix at this time, the stability of having these people remain is vital and very important in bringing more of the greats in the league. I know that in previous issues, the magazine has steadily led away from the theme of its purpose… CONTROVERSY. But this needs to be mentioned…. More and more great players are joining and the RSTL excitement is becoming even more prestigious as ever!

To catch names, the heavyweights in the form of IV, VADIK, CREATICAL, CEREAL KILLER, LUCI LEVIATHAN and EVERKLEER gave massive excitement points this week for the 60 joining in. Debut heavyweights such as TORCH1, IMPERIAL, and the ever-so-known STORM G add so much more fire to the challenges soon to come for the latter part of the RSTL. The return of 9-VOLT also captures the comeback missions of some that are looking to regain top form. With so many great heads, the significance and the prestige in being RSTL CHAMPION becomes so much more of worth as it ever has from before. The value from the great competitive spirits and the devoted representers makes the league so much more great and something to look forward now entering the site… even to the point that it basically foreshadows the RBL.

All the names mentioned in the last paragraph are sure quality noisemakers that will add to the many of the big timers of present. With many coming back and getting into the mix of the fierce competition seen… the plague of possibly catching more retired vets or absent heavyweights on hiatus could be something to see later on. The excitement and the many important matches that are happening should also trigger a good portion of voting participation hopefully and also set some curious wonders in the outcomes of so many of these good matchups. Kudos to the mods for arranging and making this work. Let’s hope these people that signed in remain in for a minute so we can see some dream matches that possibly come to be for all of us to enjoy and witness.

4 PERFECT RECORDS DELAYED IN SUSPENSION!

BEATMOVE, ILLWEEMAN, THAUMATURGE, and RETULEN REACTUS are all undefeated up until this past week by not-showing to post and by not showing up.. add a damper to the beauty of the many colorful win-loss records to the RSTL and the records. This unfortunate occurrences are the things we should not have to get into or deal with despite the fact that a loss is not suffered from no-showing in accordance to the rules (and OMEN since he told me). However, with the suspension time these four are given, theyre hope to return and maintain these perfect records can be safekept thanks to the awesome enrollment the RSTL is having at this time.

But make no mistake, a finger of shame to these four cats. To have a good start and a successful roll into the RSTL should be considered carefully, consistently with caution and everything. With 2-3 years gone by since the RSTL’s existence, the participants have now become more skilled and more intense in the challenges that are provided. Seemingly, making time to switching from novice to expert is mandatory in its most immediate attention. So as I skim thru the HALL OF CHAMPIONS, I can’t help to notice how much silence and forgetfulness we shown to one person who’s credit has been basically blackened to complete sleepiness.

INFINITE TRUTH is unreal. Can you picture of anybody in the RSTL that can actually make the chance of being 16 consecutive wins without a loss in the RSTL? The props needs to be given and the publicity needs to be shown to INFINITE. Thru many, he may not be the greatest of all time nor the most favorite of textheads in any way… but he’s managed to push 16…. Get it.. 16 wins. And when people who dispense their perfect records in the way of effortless performances, take no real concentration in wanting to break the record. INFINITE TRUTH is more appreciated and overlooked… but his remembrance for his exploits maybe should have gotten him over PERIL-EYES or JOWELZ in the past. But we realize and remember this now what INFINITE has done when at this point, what matters is how many times you can obtain the gold.

I think what INFINITE has done is spectacular. And with his title match this week against THA TALENT, It would be sweet to see that he wins and regains the noise that he should’ve gotten before after being so foreshadowed by PERIL-EYES.

And that itself should be enough incentive that these four guys who no-showed should consider pursuing a different feat if unable to get the gold for the RSTL. Let the weeks go by and see if any of the peeps will take heed to this.. and understand that anything good in possession is worth preserving.​
    test
  3. Vern Acular

GIRLS DESERVE THE RESPECT MOS DEF!

You can name a lot of them… ROC-C, ETERNALPATH, MISSKEY, A.N.G.E.L.I.C., ERYKAH CAINE… the females that have come to represent and to hold it down for the ladies have definitely made their mark and their worth in the RSTL. And personally, they get respect. But the fact that no one female has had the chance to kiss the gold, what can we say about females entering the RSTL? – Is it true to say that men are just too much more intelligent and skilled than women are??? – Are women being treated unfairly with no one single woman champion in the RSTL?? – Is it a conspiracy to keep them down????

Throughout the few years, RSTL has had share of women take a stab at the title on occasions… some who’ve never made it to the top ten, some who’ve excelled into the top ten, but all that never made it as champ. But in a league that is practically stacked with men top to bottom, its gotta be pretty impressive that they can even make it to the top ten at all. ERYKAH CAINE, ETERNALPATH and MISSKEY were a few who came close but never reached it. A.N.G.E.L.I.C. also had a few opportunities to see the title but came short.

But how much respect should we give to these girls? Is there a limit to seeing how much maximal effort they can give in making there rhymes better?? Has any of us seen one of them make changes or complete exerts to their structure?? Or do the ladies care mainly of telling a tale that gets the point across and nothing else? One of the problems with their writing style is that they base so much in detail, that they forget about the other techniques that are necessary in bringing about a quality verse. Much to their failures, the one thing that marks them even acceptable is the wins that they achieve as they climb in the ranks. It doesn’t have to be a heavyweight or a vet that they’ve beaten, but in a league like this… to just push thru and climb the ranks is enough for me to commend on them.

Respect is definitely due to these girls, but to an extent at best. The answer to who will be the first female to win the RSTL belt is still yet to be known. And while at times, its scarce to see more than 2-3 compete in the same week, the thing that would be nice is to see an ascent in more female enrollment in the league. Why not? It’ll add more excitement and challenges to the RSTL and have something that the guys can spectate to further integrate women in a male-dominated league. Much to what’s already been seen by women in the RSTL, hopefully in the near future, we’ll see a lot more activity with the women. So fellas, hollah at ya girls on the AIM… and let em know about the league….. snatch them from LIPSTICK ALLEY or LADIES DELIGHT and get em ova here!

THE NEWBIE COMING IN TO LOOK OUT FOR

This week’s newbie close-up is focused on SERCLE. Already the buzz on this guy is the steady notoriety and presence he’s making for himself in RMC… something that is necessary to present a name and an image for himself. However, making a name without talent is basically a shameful approach to the limelight. But we know SERCLE ain’t about that. The guy basically came out with some balls to posting his rhyme instantly as the week’s matches were being drawn out. Pretty impressive for someone who’s new to the league…. (hopefully it ain’t an alias). It’s people like SERCLE that are needed in the RSTL to draw some fresh new talent in the mix. The one thing I just wanted to put in about SERCLE is that he comes from my home state…. CALI. Seemingly, a lot of CALI folks in RMC have been reppin it well for both RSTL and RBL. People like SUB ZERO, P-NUT, ALOE, FRACTURE, IV and others add to a long line of CALI greats. But let’s not jump too far ahead. Is SERCLE a name for the future here in this league?? Am I putting too much hype into the guy in his debut??? --- Well however you look at it, plugging him like this will hopefully add some motivation and yearn to seeing him climb in the ranks. Hopefully, other newbies who are reading in might wanna be SERCLE and utilize some time and concentration on better writing and get themselves known. If that’s the case, then I call out every newbie to get in the mix, get into some focus… and write and wow us with you’re potential.

SERCLE will be closely watched, and in the weeks ahead, I look forward to writing another piece on him… possibly an interview even.​
    test
  4. Vern Acular

THA TALENT GOES OUT OF STYLE!!

THA TALENT does something completely unheard of and totally unpredictable and shocking---he writes his past week’s RSTL verse completely out of character and out of context from his norm!

While I did not see this coming from him at all, this different style he busted this past week actually had me sit and enjoy reading his verse (for once). Although he needed a lot more editing done to the verse to make the flow smoother… it was almost a replica of a JOWELZ verse, and we all know how much I enjoy a JOWELZ verse. So what gives TALENT?

Doing something like this in a title match might’ve backfired in a sense that readers would not have felt his style. But seemingly, if RICHARD COREY can approve and write a positive remark like he did… chances are, you’re getting props from the others. THA TALENT is never a favorite of mine at all, but aside this style change and his ever-so-unforgettable match with TRAP months back, that’s what I wanna see more of. Maybe this is a shift from TALENT’s writing. Are we gonna see this side of him yet again this week against INFINITE TRUTH??? --- I can tell your right now, INFINITE TRUTH is one of the best, but if TALENT pulls off a much more solid and consistent wordplay with this new style of display… you can definitely see a different light in my eyes as weeks go by.

Hell, maybe this was something that TALENT discovered as he was writing the verse. If so, this transition is gonna make a big matchup.. IF… and only IF…. A RC-TALENT matchup occurs. And when these two clash, you can definitely see the views on this thread will exceed 200 easy.

All eyes on TALENT vs INFINITE TRUTH. Everyone will be watching…. And my fingers are crossed to see what TALENT will bring this time.

TEK’S TOP TEN THIS TIME

10. MC4Sight – A well notable RSTL cat that will be widely known for a long time.

9. Ill-Logic – I never really cared much for this guy at all, but he can actually write.

8. Madpoet – Skillful; articulate, almost has a writing style like mine according to last week and is one to watch in weeks to come.

7. Trapezoidal – 2 words: PURE ILLNESS, The one cat that I always always look for in reading.

6. Awedishin – I don’t need to talk about him anymore, he’s a proven writer and really has nothing to prove.

5. Anaphora – Impressive; but how strong is he with the very best ahead of him????

4. Jowelz – Legendary; heroic; respected; loved; fantasized; the greatest…… until this week.

3. Richard Corey – In my opinion, today’s greatest RSTL person up to date undisputedly.

2. Infinite Truth – Yet again, making a quiet creep to the top, if he sees GOLD, insure that noise will be brought upon him.

1. Tha Talent – This week I became a fan of him… just this once; but will he keep this style?? That’s all I care for right now.[/center]
    test
  5. Vern Acular

9-VOLT: ASSAULT AND BATTERY

Many do not know of 9-VOLT, but 9-VOLT is a veteran, and a former RSTL competitor… and a student mentored by none other… TeKneeK. With his return to the league, the RSTL adds yet another of one of the most dangerous cats into the league and is now ready to add some challenge to the already filled-up RSTL.

TEKNEEK: Im here with 9-Volt, and 9-Volt the 1st question I wanted to ask you is... where've you been --- the number of those who do know you would like to know what's been up with you?

9-VOLT: well man i got away from the comp when i moved in with my dad and then i was juss doin my thing and seein what the streets was really like since i never really lived on em and then i got in some badd badd trouble and now i'm basically on house arrest...but i'm trying to start rapping again since i neglected it for like 6 months and i need to polish my skills back up...so here i am homie

TEKNEEK: Well its good to see you back in RMC and Mase said it best... WELCOME BACK. Now that youre' settled to do some text, what are some of the things you wish to pursue or accomplish here in RMC.. now that battling and story/topical battling is here?

9-VOLT: well first i wanna up my game...make some people remember that i do have skill and lots of it...it seems like i left for a minute and cats done forgot about me...i'd like to make it into the top 20 atleast in both leagues as soon as physically possible....in other words..however many wins it takes without losing to reach the top

TEKNEEK: Are you what they call the versatile rapper... able to do battling and story/topicals also?

9-VOLT: yeah man..to me if you can't do both..you ain't shit...but topical is more important cuz who wants to hear someone juss dissin everything all the time? i feel like i'm equal in both departments

TEKNEEK: That is respectable by me personally that you're able to do that. With you're return is it just text your looking to do -- or will we also see 9-VOLT do some audios as well?

9-VOLT: well man i'm workin on gettin my shit opperational...i juss went and picked up all my equipment today and i gotta get some software - any that has good audio software hit me up at chuckc3245 - and yeah man i'll be more audio related...but i'll still do text...cuz i'm trying to polish everything and get back on top of my lyrical level...my flow in audio is much better now but i'm trying to perfect it...and i wanna run shit in every department at rm.com

TEKNEEK: Indeed... keep us up to date on that for sure. Can you briefly tell everyone how you first cameup here in RMC before u went on ur hiatus?

9-VOLT: well i started basically in 2001...cuz i signed up at the end of december '00....i did lots of text and had lots of mentors...and then i was startin to wreck shit at the end of 01 and 02 in text but wasn't really that good in audio...then i took somewhat of a break...came back with mostly audio and became decent at it...made a 3rd round appearance in the audio tourney and got smashed...then i left for about 3 months...came back a lil better than before and stayed for a couple months and was mentored by you neeky, and some other good battlers in the rbl and made some top 20 appearances in both leagues then i went incognito

TEKNEEK: At the time that you were here in RMC, who were some of the names that you recognized most that was on fire in the RSTL?

9-VOLT: Omen, Sequal, Jowelz, Insanevillian, and Infinite Truth were the ones that stand out in my head

TEKNEEK: Do you feel that it'll take awhile before you really find your niche as you participate in both leagues?

9-VOLT: naw...it'll take me a week tops to get back to a form good enough to win in both leagues...topical will come quicker than battling though...i still got the wit to write...i just haven't done it in a while and i'm tryin to reobtain my lyrical style

TEKNEEK: Jowelz, IV, and Infinite Truth are currently in the league... many have signed back in the league along with you who are basically heavyweights and have torn up the league in previous occasions --- are there any that tend to share a similar writing style to you from what u seen up to date?

9-VOLT: well ain't really read shit but my style when i write is keep it simple and easy to understand...use the proper word...not a bigger word with the same meaning which makes the rhyme harder to understand...i don't need to flex my intelligence with grammer...i like to keep shit simple...use lots of multis and keep the focus on the story rather than my scheme...but i dunno...next week we'll find out if anyone does it like me...i doubt it though...i consider myself pretty unique from a text standpoint

TEKNEEK: Shifting gears for a bit ---- im sure people are wondering ---- how'd u get a name like 9-VOLT?

9-VOLT: its old as fuck...i was juss tryin to think of a name...and i looked at the speaker battery at my comp and was like man that ain't to bad...but now i just go by volt...there's no point to me in havin that 9...but i don't really care...i let my rhymes speak for themselves and it was kind of a joke at first...but i was just like fuck it...i'll roll with it

TEKNEEK: Who do you hope to do collabs with now that you're settling in RMC...

9-VOLT: infinite truth for sure...he's sick as fuck with his rhymes...and mac flow too...i forgot about him earlier...he is one of the best writers i ever seen...i wouldn't say no to anyone in the top 10...IV would be a good partner...me an ill weezy tore it up a couple times already...i dunno man...whoever is good and willing

TEKNEEK: Who were the ones you didnt like -- or didnt feel at all...

9-VOLT: well i don't like storm g...he has talent but he's stupid...the kid has a god complex? what the fuck...you gotta be kiddin me...this isn't fuckin star wars...the force isn't with him...and hes stupid to top it off...i seriously think the kid gets bullied at home cuz he has a need for cats to feed his ego...i feel sorry for him

TEKNEEK: I'd like to footnote that Storm-G is making his debut to the RSTL this coming week --- and already this could be the beginning of a fiasco from the bottom of the rankings *thats where u start at* --- is there anything you wish to say to him publicly here in the mag?

9-VOLT: naw...i ain't got beef with him...i just don't like his attitude...all i gotta say is that he needs to lose the ego and act like he's a regular human instead of trying to impress people...it's really not that important to be revered at a web site

TEKNEEK: Well said --- but in the coming weeks Im sure all of us will be taking close watch on both of you and see how the names arrange as you both climb in the ranks. ---- Before we let this interview end ---- any shouts, messages, tips or announcements you wish to make?

9-VOLT: shout outs to warlokk- he's the sickest producer on rm and he's helpin me out big time in audio...shouts to ticker- thanks for tryin man...lol...and to whoever is the champ...be watchin me homie...cuz theres a good chance that i'll be comin up soon...PEACE!

TEKNEEK: "THA TALENT" --- current champion.

9-VOLT: well...good luck to him...but like the kuniva said "niqqa we got a gift while you barely makin it off mere talent"

And there you are….

Join me next week as we tackle more of the events, news, and happenings going on in the RSTL… till then

STAY TUNED……. THE CONTROVERSY WILL BE SHOWN.
    test
  6. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word big ups on the mentions Tek

and thanks to 9 Volt too

nice mag once again
    test
  7. LiL KeKe

LiL KeKe New Member

Nice

i am a noobie to the RSTL so ionno....mac hit me on aim

verbalsylense
    test
  8. 9VoLt

9VoLt New Member

yeah! i'm like jesus
    test
  9. LiL KeKe

LiL KeKe New Member

oh they do...trust me
    test
  10. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

tek, although i hate to dissappoint you, last week was experimentation.
    test
  11. Vern Acular

and btw, your top 10 is horrible, not the people, just the way you ranked them....lmao
    test
  12. Dikembe Mutombo

Dikembe Mutombo New Member

word ima get at ya a little later...I'm at work now
    test
  13. KonvILLution

KonvILLution Nebz Is GOD

well its good to know awes verse was top 10
    test
  14. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

great mag tek....i really enjoy the stories you come up with to write about each week

interestin stuff

pz
    test
  15. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

EQUITIUS

TEK just let you know I beat him last week and i should be 10th instead of him. They got me at 11 because they put the wrong rank down for him. 7-1 he should be 6-2

Also thank you for the lady section. IF anyone would help me and mentor me in becoming a better writer believe me I am willign to learn. I'm young and right now just trying to take critique and change things up.

Mindstimulation69 is the yahoo name that I be on,

Missmile4u23 is my AIm
    Missmile4u23@aol.com is my e-mail
    test
  16. Nebz

Nebz R.I.P. Point Game

u damn right lol....im no #9

just playin

good shit tek
    test
  17. Vern Acular

just to clear things up, i did the rankings at 12:30, thinking no one else would vote, you 2 were tied at that point, and i wasn't aware that someone made a last minute vote until after the fact i posted the ranks and matches were made, sorry for the inconvienence, your records will be fixed next week, i've already changed them in quatro pro
    test
  18. 9VoLt

9VoLt New Member

is quatro pro worth a fuck? i got it on this comp...but ain't used it yet
    test
  19. doYen

doYen Man Above All

nice mag
    test
  20. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

thank you Vern :) Just wondered what was up. Its gravy