Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ben Official, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

WHo else has it? I got it for psp a few days ago and its fuckin sweet. I kinda suck though, just got to 3rd dan and its really hard. I play with jin because hes one of the only ones that looks tight to me. i know a few combos but some i cant fuckin get like the 10 hit one. i just cant time it right or something. never got it right.

WHO ELSE HAS THIS GAME? Lets gossip
    test
  2. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

I've gotten to "Deity" with Craig Marduk, that's like the second highest rank next to "Tekken Lord", but EVERYTIME I get a ranking match, I ALWAYS lose. I dunno, it just fucks with me. Everytime I see that "Promotion" shit flashing, I get distracted and I lose. So I'm floating in Deity limbo right now, which is frustrating.

Jin is amazing against the CPU in this game, he has that crouch-punch attack, I don't really memorize the move's names, but it's "Down+Square" and the CPU can't block it quickly enough, so it's a sure-hit 90% of the time. Plus it's a knock-down move, so you can follow that up with his "O+X" swinging kick and hit them while they're on the ground.

^^That's basically how I got "Tekken Lord" with Jin and Devil Jin, but it's a pretty cheap move, so I don't like using them that much.

If I can suggest some tips, you gotta master juggling. Launching your opponent in the air, then hitting them mid-air several times before they hit the floor.

Keep practicing and your reflexes will develop naturally. If you play long enough, you'll get to see that the computer has flaws and weaknesses too, so eventually you'll learn how to exploit that and advance higher.

Here's a couple useful videos that gives you the idea:
    [youtube]3xuLP180C6w[/youtube]
    [youtube]_yGu9dE3s6U[/youtube]
    test
  3. Ben Official

yea man the aerial movies are fucking impossible for me to get! i can't time it right. i go into the combo training and i get bored in the first 5 minutes and go back to the dojo. im only at the warrior rank. how many are there after that?? and does it make a difference that its on easy?
    test
  4. V-Max

Hehe, if you put it on "Easy" it won't affect the game play on Arcade mode, because the difficulty depends on the "rank" of your opponent.

The rank list is as follows, easiest to hardest:

Beginner
    9th kyu
    8th kyu
    7th kyu
    6th kyu
    5th kyu
    4 th kyu
    3rd kyu
    2nd kyu
    1st kyu
    1st dan
    2nd dan
    3rd dan
    4 th dan
    5th dan
    6th dan
    7th dan
    Shihan
    Expert
    Warrior
    Master
    Virtuoso
    Champion
    Lone Wolf
    Destroyer
    Berserker
    Sage
    Legend
    Fujin
    Raijin
    Deity
    Lord of War
    Dragon Lord
    Tekken Lord
    Dark Lord
    Divine Fist

The basic points for each rank = 3 points.
    If you fight someone who has the same rank as you, you get +1 for winning this match and -1 for losing this match.
    If you fight someone who has one level lower or higher rank than you, you get +0.75 for winning this match and -0.75 for losing this match.
    If you fight someone who has two levels lower/higher rank than you, you get +0.5 for winning this match and -0.5 for losing this match.
    If you fight someone who has three levels lower/higher rank than you, you get +0.25 for winning this match and -0.25 for losing this match.
    If you fight someone who has four or more levels lower/higher rank than you, you get 0 for winning/losing this match.

for example, if you are 4 th dan now, after a match:
    if your basic points =< 0 your'll be 3th dan.
    if your basic points =>6 you'll be 5th dan.

And sorry, I was mistaken about "Tekken Lord" being the highest rank. I have Tekken 5 for PS2, and I know DR had some things updated.
    test
  5. Ben Official

Oh wow then I have a long way to go yet. I just started with Bruce though, I think I like him more than Jin now. I don't know why but I'm trying to get no losses which is kind of annoying because I have to quit whenever I'm losing. I don't even know why I'm doing it right now, lol, I think it just looks dope to be undefeated haha

I've never gone down in a rank no matter how many I lost though, I think that might be different.

I'm not even doing the dojo anymore, I just do arcade and up my rank. The dojo got too annoying. And I played 50 matches and never got a ranking match so I quit with Jin.
    test
  6. V-Max

Oh dope, Bruce's one of my favorite characters. He's got that wicked Muy Thai kick boxing, and he's pretty quick.

In Arcade mode, if you lose enough times, you'll get taken down a rank but it rarely happens in the easier ranks.

Matter fact, the first time I ever decreased in rank was as Conqueror and was bumped down to Warlord, and those are in the Top 5 highest. I was surprised as hell, like "oh snap, I lost a rank!?" cuz it never happened to me before.
    test
  7. V-Max

Kay the PSP's controls are a little fucked up for me.

It be awkward as hell, because with the PS2 controller, you can tap and wiggle and shake around that motherfucker, do with it as you please as you punch in those combos, and not feel weird because the screen is on the TV, so you're just looking ahead.

But the PSP, it's like a Game Boy Advance and shit, it's right in front of you, it would be like having the screen right on the PS2 controller.

So I'm guessing that's what's messing you up. Like, there's shoulder buttons too, which you didn't need to use with Tekken 5 for PS2.
    test
  8. Ben Official

yeah that could be it but i think its also just i cant seem to time it right or whatever. i can never get it right. i get up to like 6 or 7 sometimes but cant finish it off
    test
  9. V-Max

Oh then it's definitely the timing then.

I can pull some off after a few tries but just can't memorize them.

The "throw/hold" combos are really the most fucked up, like King's. Holy shit the timing on that motherfucker is steep.

[youtube]DBjr6vJhAdc[/youtube]
    ^^check out this motherfucker tho, he can do the Mexican Magna Drive 2....dude got skills for being able to time it right and memorize the whole thing.

I think 10-hit combos are nice, but they really for human opponents. People who have no idea how to counter them and shit, so you can just overwhelm them in a battle like that. The CPU can usually just block it, and they turtle like a motherfucker.
    test
  10. Ben Official

lmfao that video was nuts.

i forgot the triggers even did anything on the psp haha.. i got bruce up to sage and its starting to get ridiculous since i cant accapt a loss... im like 150-0 so far.

i set it to one round and am just doing arcade tho so its much easier and less time consuming than the dojo. i already beat the dojo with jin tho so i dont really see a point
    test
  11. V-Max

yo Ben if you ever think of doing this to your psp...
    [youtube]xn443c5qI48[/youtube]

...please please PLEASE let me have it instead.
    test
  12. Ben Official

I was thinking about it once, but nah. Don't think so sorry
    test
  13. Ben Official

jesus christ. im at deity and it took me forever. this is impossible.
    test
  14. V-Max

im surprised u made it so quickly...u'll be tekken lord pretty soon

but then again, i have my rounds up to 3 lol

it's gonna take forever to unlock all the customization items, i got the game over a year ago and i haven't even got half of them.

but that's what keeps me coming back hehe.
    test
  15. Ben Official

man i can NOT win a single fight with bruce. right now he is STILL at deity.

i went back to my jin account and i have him up to tekken lord right now. he should be divine fist by tomorrow
    test
  16. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Tekken is the best fighting game out now...

Just not sure if I want to get a PS3 yet though...Tekken being the only game that I love that only on Playstation...

hmmm
    test
  17. V-Max

god i wish i could play you....be nice to have SOMEONE else to face other than the CPU once in a while. i wanna show my skills!
    test
  18. V-Max

when the price drops, at least

tekken 6 isn't out until sometime later this year, or early 2008

tekken 5 Dark ressurection is great of course, PS3's version has a playable
    Jinpachi.....

although to be honest, i have my doubts with tekken 6.....i've seen the trailers they have now with the two 'new' characters revealed so far, and they don't seem to be that interesting. One is a generic Persian chick named "Zafina" who kinda moves like Voldo from Soul Calibur....and the other is a Cloud-look alike who is actually a girl. Even the graphics look last gen-ish.

I guess only time will tell.
    test
  19. Ben Official

MAN WTF!!

I've been at Dark Lord with Jin for a whole day, I've beating over 30 Dark Lords and havent lost a single one. How many does it take to get to Divine Fist?? Definitely took me more than 3 points to go from Tekken Lord to Dark Lord but I've definitely one way over 60, and over 30 against the same rank as Dark Lord. This is insane!
    test
  20. V-Max

rofl

just keep at it

im sure u'll get there eventually

heheheh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.