Tasteless VS Functional

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Polar, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

I don't know what the fudge is wrong with some people judging from the quality of posts I've seen here recently. My best assumption is a bunch of 14/15/16 year olds that just got done watching a "Pimp My Ride" marathon followed up by some "Hi-Rev Tuner's", and a splash of "Tuner Transformation", all of the sudden decided they are at the forefront of automotive performance & apperance knowlege. I'm not going to call out names, but you kids got a lot to learn when it comes down to whats right, and wrong in the automotive world. I'm not talking about just putting a set of 18's on a freakin Civic. There's a line between tasteless modification, and functional mods. And yes folks, it is possible to have a hot street ride (NOT A SHOW ONLY CAR) that performs better than stock & looks very good at the same time. Yes, all this without 20 inch chrome, and bodykits on compact imports. You can go out and make your car look like it wants to be fast and furious. Like this peice of trash.

[​IMG]

Or you can spend your money right, and have a car thats nice, clean, and actually has some balls under the hood.

[​IMG]

I've always been a big fan of the saying "to each his own", but some shit just gets ridiculous. You gotta admit it. I mean how nice are these rides?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now look at these.......things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  2. trifle

trifle New Member

test
  3. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

That RX7 has one ricey looking hood....and im sure its not functional, but hey...i like it either way.

And saying a civic has balls under the hood is almost as funny as the kids you're making fun of. I understand they can be made fast....by practically transforming it to something totally different, but blah...

I think maddox said it best:

"Watching people race in Civics is like watching people race in minivans. I suppose the competition is there, but it's anti-climactic, like watching two geriatrics playing golf. It's a race where even if you win, you lose. "

"It's ironic that with all the money that these morons dump into modification, they could have saved up and bought a real sports car in a couple of years instead of pretending like they drive one now."

Its still a civic....you still lose. That's the summary....

I'd rather see:

A 15-25thousand dollar vehicle with -

a tastefull body kit
    tastefull rims
    no stickers
    no fake carbon fiber

Than say:

A same priced car with:

A REAL carbon fiber hood.
    and shitloads of modifications that make his car about as fast as the corvette he couldve bought instead....or a stock trans-am....

Yeah, good job....You dumped money into it, and its still a family car. Go racer!

Im not really arguing with you, because i agree for the most part....but even "tastefull" civics with engine mods are hillarious.
    test
  4. trifle

trifle New Member

i'm not trying to start shit, so be mature and answer the question as asked, don't read anymore into it than what's asked...

what about when you were thinking about doing the swap into the cougar? are you now against that type of thing as well?
    test
  5. sheepKe

sheepKe New Member

well sorry
    but i can't say you're right there..
    the car you displayed there is from belgium.. country where i live
    in this country you can only spend your money on the looks.. not a powerfull engine..
    it's unpayable in here.. (insurance)

don't get me wrong here.. the belgian car you posted is ugly.. almost everything about it

the last yellow one is ugly too by my opinion, others are nice
    test
  6. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

First off, Polar your a fuckin dumb ass..you gotta realize that most of us here are way younger then your grandpa ass...Most of us are still in school and dont have the money to spend on 15K+ cars....If your under 25 in most cases there is no way you can afford the insurance better yet the payments on those cars....If i wanted speed i would have just gripped my dad's old 93 vette before he sold it...Insurance would have been a bitch and it would've been a fuckin gas guzzler....I'm not really into speed cause i look at things realistically..why pay all that money for horsepower you can barely use? I personally dont like the big ass wings on cars but i think body kits are ill...If i wanna foolishly race somebody off the track i'll just grip my older brother's 95 3000GT Vr 4 or my dad's 96 vette...In the U.S you can only go so far...I guess if we still lived in Germany and had autobahn access i'd want a faster car...right now I'm straight with my lil V-6 MX-6 with 18 inch Chrome rims...Your fuckin 26 years old and probably established..Insurance for these cars are low for you and you're probably able to afford a 350z...The majority of people on rm.com are under 23 and still in school...To each his own..Just leave it alone..YOu might as well add the retail prices on the vehicles you've posted..Now lets be realistic here..

test
  7. Polar

Then why spend all that money on shit to make you LOOK FAST when essentially you are in fact SLOWING your car down by adding all the extra weight. What you dont seem to understand is that it is possible to have a nice little ride for less money than you think. Sometimes less is more when it comes to the looks of your ride. Thats the point of my post. It has nothing to do with the price of these rides. Its about have a nice clean respectable looking vehicle compared to having a car that looks like it rolled past Pep Boys with a crap magnet attached to it.
    test
  8. Polar

Damn, those other pics arent showing up.
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

Nope...didnt you post a fuckin 350z..I can't remember cause the pics aint workin for some reason..anyways..you posted a 350z which cost hella more then a "supped" up Honda civic...why are you wasting all of this time clowning on people for their taste...I'm not really into the whole body kit and big ass wing shit either..but i dont waste time/threads trying to knock what other people like?? feel me? It was all about the prices...Of course people would chose a 350z over a damn civic..Again, you've failed to realize that the majority of people in high school/college can't afford insurance/a car note for a 350z..It doesnt take a brainy-act to figure out why young people take hondaz and hook them up with aftermarket accessories and engine modz...Just peep the History of Low-Rideing...

test
  10. Polar

You amaze me with your reading skills. You must have only read a 1/4 of that post.
    test
  11. MyKe SeaN

^^did you, or did you not post pics of cars that cost more than Civics and Eclipse's?? Did you or did you not post a fuckin 350z while trying to compare Tasteless vs. Functional? Your a joke...

test
  12. Full-Clipz

Full-Clipz Dominican nikka

VOTE - MX6 = STOCK

basically myke....your what people call a "ricer"

so many aftermarket parts, yet no performace upgrades....just flashy items you throw on your car then step back and is like "damn im a pimp"
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

^^YOUR WHAT PEOPLE CALL-"A GAY HATER"...You dumb...The only aftermarket parts i have on my car is an exaust system and rims...hATE ON you lil fuck boy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  14. Full-Clipz

why do you like htat? your car looks like a cricket
    test
  15. Full-Clipz

that car is nothing to look at....at all
    test
  16. MyKe SeaN

^^and your car looks like some Converse..Why are you still hateing? yOUR LIL high school classmates would love my car...
    test
  17. Full-Clipz

you really dont know what your talking about...

your car is nothing special...

let me go get a saturn, chrome wheels, paint job, taillights, headlights....and i have your car....whether its a saturn,geo,cavalier,malibu,mx6, there all in the same class
    test
  18. MyKe SeaN

^^^You obviously dont know shit about the MX-6...They started off at around $26,000 when they first came out....Your a joke..
    test
  19. Full-Clipz

when they first came out......
    test
  20. Full-Clipz

your car is a 1996......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.