TARGET PRACTICE: Deth to Bloodgang

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by DethStryque, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

2 rounds 48 bars RWZ rules. Flips allowed. checky check. Since I'm a gentleman, I'll let the lady--that's you Ms. Bloodgang--choose the order. 1-2-2-1 or 1-2, 1-2. Good luck.

Here's the RWZ Guideline:

The standout feature of the RWZ Guideline is THE CHALLENGE FEATURE. There are two forms of Vote Challenges. No challenge can be longer than 12 written lines in paragraph form. All categories are judged by the definition of the category. So if someone thought your flow was equal to someone else's flow...but the other guy had say a 2 syllable rhyme scheme and you had a 4 syllable rhyme scheme or compound rhyme scheme greater than 2...your flow is BETTER [ as long as it's still smooth and rhythmic ] because it's harder to keep a smooth flow with a greater syllable count, and it takes more skill to do so with power, proper vocab, creativity, etc. One of the harder things to judge is say...Punchlines. There are clear definitions for what constitutes a punchline, but everybody has their own subjective flava on that. So nobody can IGNORE something that's a punchline according to the rule definition, nobody can call it filler...but everyone has their preferences so a particular style of punch will be voted by one person as ill and another person will think it's trash, and that's just how it is. Gun bars are punchlines. Swag n flow bars are punchlines. Personals are punchlines. Everyone has their preferences, and ALL preferences are equally valuable. The REAL QUALITY LYRICIST can put almost every style of punch in a single verse. A verse with a variety of punches in it should be given the punchline category over a verse with only a single kind or a limited variety of punches in it.

You can do a CATEGORY CHALLENGE...as in, you disagree with the votes or vote cast in a specific category. Say...you didn't think you lost the Punchline category. We look at the definition of punchlines, cite the bars you thought won you the category, your opponent is allowed ONE RESPONSE to your challenge if your opponent opposes your position. The voters may choose to justify their votes with ONLY ONE RESPONSE NO LONGER THAN 12 LINES. Then the mod is called in to arbitrate.

If 3 or more categories are successfully challenged? A VOTE CHALLENGE can be issued...and that could change the vote against you to either a null vote or a vote for you. Moderator's discretion.

The moderators have to be fair and unbiased. The RWZ Mods are Jason Anthony and Lyrical Priest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DethStryque
    B) 23 categories to judge battles.

- Opener: The power of the first two bars in ya verse

- Flow: how smooth and unbroken the rhythm and rhymes are

- Word play: The witty exploitation of the meanings and ambiguities of words, esp. in puns. It must make sense when written AND spoken. No textcee wordplay.

- Name play: witty exploitation of the meanings and ambiguities in names. It must make sense when it's written AND when it's spoken, no "textcee" nameplay

- Rhyme Scheme: The ordered pattern of rhymes. The more sophisticated the rhyme scheme, the more creatively placed areas in a rap that bars rhyme? Th The more advanced the rhyme scheme. Rhyme scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Multis: rhymes that contain two or more syllables,Multisyllabic rhyme is used extensively in hip-hop, is considered a hallmark of complex and advanced rapping

Inners: rhymes that happen near or at the center of a bar

- Punches: Definitions for punch′ line`(n )the climactic phrase or sentence in a joke speech humorous story or rap that produces the desired effect. That means that BOAST punchlines, KNOWLEDGE punchlines, FIGHTING WORDS/THREATS, descriptive violence, etc etc are also punchlines and must be credited as such. Anything that attacks the opponent, and/or gives props to the rapper that's rapping, is a punchline and must be considered as such.

- Personals: Diss punchlines that can be directed only at a specific person, and oftentimes include disses aimed at something that the person has done, something they wear, their voice, mannerisms, etc.

- Humor: Bars that have the quality of being amusing or comic, esp. as expressed in literature or speech.

-Knowledge: This is probably the most powerful and most overlooked area in rap battles. The greater your knowledge base and the more effectively you apply it, the better your rap is and the harder it is to craft a rap like that. Raps showing a thorough grasp of common and uncommon subjects deserve to receive higher marks than those that don't, and this Guide knows and respects that fact.

-Themes: You know how rappers could select a sport or whatever and draw punchlines visuals wordplays metas etc built around those? In the URL this idea is mistakenly called "schemes". A more accurate word is "themes".

- Vocabulary: The use of words that clearly get your meaning across; however the more unusual the words used that STILL get the meaning across clearly? The better the vocabulary. Vocab isn't an excuse to use big words to confuse the crap outta anybody; vocab should make your meaning more clear. Your intentions more precise.

- Flips (in 2 round battles): The skill and art of turning a punchline, word or phrase that your opponent used on you back on your opponent

- Attitude: the swag, ferocity, threats, intensity and energy of a rap. Street rappers and ganxta rappers often excel in this area.

- Realness: When a rapper speaks about real life events and circumstances then brings them home in the rap being spit by applying those events to the opponent. URL rappers do this alot when they speak about the character of the person they're facing.

- Metaphors: A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. [ ex: my faith is a rock ]
    A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract.

test
  2. DethStryque

- Simile: A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, using the words 'like' or 'as' (e.g., as brave as a lion).

- Sound Manipulation: the deliberate combination of rhyme scheme and vocabulary to produce, repeat, and/or emphasize specific sounds. this includes alliteration.

- Creativity: The use of the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work. Creativity is oftentimes nonexistent or very narrow in raps. Break the barriers and use all the creativity you want; just be sure that you use high levels of creativity in the application of all of the categories in this Guideline.

-Focus: Have you ever seen a rap that was dope but never seemed to be going anywhere? Seemed like it was directionless? There should be progression in the rap. Readers should be able to grasp a "theme" in the rap.

- Originality: How ORIGINAL is the material? Have we seen the material in this rap used many times or rarely used? When comparing the raps, who used the "fresher", less commonly used but still applicable direct and understandable material?
    - Enjoyability: Pure enjoyment. Totally subjective

- Structure (legibility): self explanatory

- Closer: Your last bars should be either the most powerful bars in the rap or tied with the opener. Finish with absolute madness, every time.

Flips allowed. All votes must follow the standard definition for each category and are subject to Category Challenges if the votes don't conform with the definitions of the categories.
    To vote? All you gotta do is copy and paste the list below, list the name of the lyricist that won each category next to the name of each category, and follow your category breakdown with a 4 line minimum quick expo.

Opener--
    Flow--
    Word play--
    Name play--
    Rhyme scheme--
    Punches--
    Personals--
    Humor--
    Knowledge--
    Themes--
    Vocabulary--
    Flips (in 2 round battles)--
    Creativity--
    Structure (legibility)--
    Attitude--[ ferocity, focus, swag ]--
    Realness--
    Metaphors--
    Simile--
    Sound Manipulation--
    Originality--
    Enjoyability--
    Structure--
    Closer--

4 bars must be cited from the winning verse that won it and 4 bars from the losing verse that lost it in your eyes as a voter.

Deth overmastered his opponents in every way with his superior lyricism, flow, vocab, punches...dude was just too much in every way. Those other guys did their best? But they just couldn't face their Deth. [ Cite 4 bars from the winning verse that sealed the win for the voter, cite 4 bars that lost it for the loser. Cite what you liked that the loser did. You must ALWAYS find SOMETHING that the loser did that you liked...even if you say: "well, I liked that he TRIED to do such and such..."]

Another way to vote is to say:

Deth won most of the categories except [ list categories ]. Here's why he won those categories [ list categories ] and here's why he lost these categories [ list reasons ].

top to bottom voting takes like 5-6 minutes and is still thorough
    test
  3. aCKtive

aCKtive New Member

Just saw this....im checkin in.....lets get it, nuff said
    test
  4. DethStryque

Yo I sent you a PM about this awhile ago. Sallgood yo. At least you had the guts to check in and face your Deth. Lol.
    test
  5. DethStryque

Lady's choice, my sistah. You're up first. The order will be you-me-you-me. This way I know you'll show up regularly and post, and neither of us wastes our bars. Whass crakkin. Jump first. Set it off.

Good luck.
    test
  6. aCKtive

aCKtive New Member

i wish Death would strike...
    the worlord of words il catch 4 thru his 4 door
    and if he brought my haters wit him...huh here's 4 more
    then drag you out the driver seat and.. BEEP BEEP
    throwin up peace so whats beef when i eat war
    low key still in the streets when i leave work
    punches il leave everything you use to eat, hurt...
    im like Tookie in the Blood module...except im blud that took off on em
    the bully in the room off shooms, and you coughed on me
    RM what yall call homie..?
    Ni99a you Noob and im a Nuke...w/ helicopters flyin ...extra troops
    Brutus in a coupe, mean shooter..leave pop"d eye and chicken noodle soup
    all over ya crew if any off them ni99as move.....lol
    Pussy this SP....read it in my sig...think about ya kids....
    you dont want it wit a bitch that il slap fracture'd ribz
    and punch Death Strike.... murda the Pharoah of Fatal Floetry &
    punish the mufuka punishin poetry fa punishin something close to me
    got me shootin thru the uhpolstry...
    who you supose to be..? the Savage Scholar?.... let em hold heat
    i aint leavin nothin where its supposed to be

ill wait to key the rest dunny you up
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Deth still hasn't posted?

What a lame
    test
  8. DethStryque

You gassin, Jook. I'll post today
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Lol I'm saying, four days later?

Back in my day you had to post within two hours of your opponent or you lost.

Imagine what you could come up with in four whole days brah
    test
  10. aCKtive

aCKtive New Member

Pussie ni99a stallin... so i force feed em defeat till he start swallowin
    fuk a taste.... im a load up, an let him have all of it
    keyboard gettin heavy...saw the barrel off of it
    slap the tri pod on it & start bust'n off wit it.....
    ....Where you at pussy.......

oh shit i hear him gettin closer...i drop the stove and pull out the toaster
    "Nick" em wit the "Cannon" then slowly approach em
    and beat the dog shit out this nigga fa havin Jook ghost for em
    im leavin pistol marks & and knucle prints....ya eyes all swollen
    off in the corner i got the solder iorn smokin....
    pussy you better to tell ya heart ta hurry up and show up
    ..before I flip out and leave ya body all broken
    & let shells hit the Madd Psalmer wit the stregnth of 12 Romans
    im stickin niggas up fa ip addresses and modems
    the virus of the boards.... aint no hope for him
    im a leave the wizard of word weaponry's wand broken
    and rapidly slap the shit out of em til both my palms smokin
    Death beat me ? stop jokin...
    he better off crack rock chain smokin
    than fukin wit SP's most out spoken spokesman
    wit a reputatation fa leavin niggas votes broken
    got Death uppin the thread ...wounderin why no body votes for him
    its like BloogGang got big bars wit kevlar quotes on em &
    wordplay wit variable zoom scopes on em...
    and words that il hurt any Death Strykes close to em
    no wounder why i aint seen you post nothin
    im like that kid wit the gun on the screen .. DuckHuntin
    i love when you pussy niggas start duckin..
    Death just write ya best and start hope'n
    i dont loose my temper for you not showin

gotta get back ta work Suwoop and im out....nuff said
    test
  11. DethStryque

The challenge was issued by me and accepted by BloodGang last year. I thought that she wouldn't answer the challenge and duck me, as so many others have. She was supposed to PM me when she dropped, because these threads don't have email notification and I stopped checkin after a couple of months passed.
    test
  12. DethStryque

Keystyle...

Before I make you n ya crew toast, here's a few notes...I write better than J o o k's ghost! Now you're clearly a target
    Cuz when Deth Stryques you and J o o k's ghost? You both are dearly departed
    You misspelled your bars...and it's clear I hear the four things your raps are telling me
    You kain't beat Deth, you suck, you're unoriginal, and you NEVER were champ of the spelling bee
    You ain't been shellin melons, please! Healthy Herbal Life trees is the only time you're sellin weeds
    But Deth hacks you to chunks with raps that axe through ya trunk like I'm fellin trees
    You ain't no felon, please!! I'll call you out, Muay Thai clinch you, n give your jaw ka-pows!!
    Cuz the only felonies you committed is when you fell on knees n sucked more dick than the law allows!!
    And yep...I combined both your verses in one round. No lie, that charge is actually fact
    This way the crowd sees one verse from me sleeps two of yours cuz I actually rapped
    YOU AIN'T NO GANXTA!! Stop lyin bout ya slug heat n how ya ten blows
    Or I'll lasso your fat throat to a tree n make you do the Dougie when the wind blows
    My pen flow ends foes with Deth Stryques like kendo's n gives yo chin blows like Timbo kicks n
    I been thrown spits n "monster punches" like "Grendel's fists" n shut ya brain down like violent embolisms
    When I scrap? I'll gitcha eye patched like pirate symbolism, then freight train you lame mutts with a rain of Scuds
    Plus my clutched flame leaves Blood Gang's guts banged, now that slut's lain slain in a gang of blood
    You can't break The Wizard of Word Weaponry's wand! This ain't Hogwarts! Canticles from my loose leaf
    Spits slang that'll KLIKK-BANG make it seem like Blood Gang switched gangs...
    ...cuz after I Mag n bag her? She'll sleep with them animals from the blue sea//Blue C
    I spew frees like I put a duece heat tuh ya kufi! Punchlines leave ya goof troop flat!
    Plus you'll snooze Black when that Uze BRRAAAAT, so Suwoop THAT!!
    You dudes trap? HELL NO!! You're at work keystylin ya verse...a law abidin citizen, plain chillin
    But DethStryque wrecks mics with raw cunnivin gettin them brains drilled in
    My trill phlegm n real deal skilled penned steel hymns of ill verb assaults
    Gitcha grill served like malts, burst like Hawks, n turns false Street Prophets into pillars of salts!!
    I spit flaming doom like Hell's Omens. You said you're strong as 12 Romans? You gitcha rap flows trashed with ease if you battle me!!
    Rhymes ignite n scorch dork marks with bars like the light of white dwarf stars n smash MCs like a black hole's gravity
    Blood Gang? That asshole's actually tryin tuh match flows n jabs with me thinkin she'll last with me? What a fallacy!
    Suck my phallus, see! I'll callously let my phat prose smack foes like clapped fo's n crack skulls savagely with my average free!!
    In reality...Blood Gang, ya gang's trippin. What kinda REAL gang thinks dykes fightin dudes is fair?
    Girl, in this rhymin fued I'll expose you pussies like I'm slicin ya pubic hair
    Truth or Dare...is it True you were yakkin rough til you challenged Res n he smacked you up?
    Yes, it's True. Then I Dare you to try me...
    ...cuz my punches leave you lumped up like rashes plus chokin n eyes swollen like your allergies're actin up
    You wakk n suck plus ya crews some marks n if yall grew some it's gruesome how I'll nuke ya bars
    Challenge Deth tuh tangle I'll leave ya wrecked n mangled n slant ya neck at angles like lute guitars
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.