Tank ~ Diary of a Mad Man.

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by GaLaTeA, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

A mixtape fitting of any r&b shelf, although for a moment I thought it was an actual album and not a mixtape ~ and perhaps it's even cooler than his official albums. I've also noticed a lot more singers, as well as rappers; are making better mixtapes than albums.

For those who haven't heard of Tank yet ~ he's been working in the music industry for over a decade yet somehow hasn't managed to break through in the true sense. Father of four, who once sang back-up for Ginuwine, is in fact true to his craft and refuses to rock the same style of music as do for example Usher and Chris Brown. He's a bit reminiscent of Anthony Hamilton, Tyrese, but otherwise I can say that he's quite unique, which is cool.

The mixtape impressed me after listening it for the 3rd time, the ten songs are a bit too similar, while Tank's vocals are magnificently cool, which gives off an urban vibe, that grabs one's attention and leaves them satisfied.

My personal fave tracks off the mixtape are of course the title song "Diary of a Mad Man", followed by "Underrated", "Stars Girl" and "Money On The Floor", which are also excellent.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.