Tank Abbott > Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by UnbrokeN, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

he knocked out cabbage tho lately, pretty bad too..cabbage is supposed to be real tough

i just think he has his moments, but like you said he doesnt really focus on his technique..his mind isnt that of a pro, just a street brawler..but thats what made him legendary
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

wyte boi is back........
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

You have to show me that source. Because I highly doubt that Bruce Lee said those words.

He believed that different forms of fighting had inherent strenghts in them that gives them natural advantages over others, that's why he cross trained.

A wrestler/boxer that trained for 1 year would not 'beat' someone who is a 4th degreee black belt and studied their entire life - under normal circumstances.

Maybe you're mixing up his point a bit or took it out of context. I know that Bruce Lee used to arm wrestle his co-star on the Green Hornet and would lose to him. That made him angry, and although Bruce Lee did have abnormally large forearms they availed him naught.

At some point body weight and physics come into play and makes it increasingly difficult to overcome, no matter how much you train etc..

So I could see Bruce Lee saying, someone with an overwhelming size advantage who has been only training for 1 year could beat someone with life-time training in martial arts if they got them on the ground.

As for boxing, naw that wouldn't happen. A 1 year boxer vs a 15 year practitioned of say... akido, would get fucked up after he threw his first punch... unless we're talking about Bruce Lee fighting Mike Tyson in his early 20's.

I really don't know how a fight like that would unfold.

But then the whole term 'beat' has to be further defined.

If it came down to a life and death struggle, I believe Bruce Lee could have handled a lot of these bigger fighters, because of his speed and power for his size.

He would beat them to the punch and would strike for a critical area - a killing blow. He wouldn't let it get down to a grappling match because he'd be done for.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.