Taking video tutorial requests.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mr. ROUSH, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

What's up all.. I'm starting work on a video tutorial series for project studios.. not because I know everything or have the method that will solve everyone's problems.. it's just one man's approach, which is all it boils down to from one engineer / producer / artist to the next.. I've been asked to supply a few videos to a company that may be interested in marketing a dvd.. not to mention I've been overwhelmed with emails to the point I can't devote the time to see all of them through.. and a visual aid is always better. So what do you want to know most?

this is going to be geared completely different from any videos you have watched.. especially for this crowd.. simply because there is a communication barrier between technical engineers trying to explain things to beginners.. These engineers have fancy educations and have been fortunate to have pro's hand down techniques to them.. Perhaps you've noticed how manuals and videos assume that you already know so much.. but we're a new breed, a new generation of producers here.. and everywhere.. and what might be a true reference to someone who does already comprehend a solid foundation.. could leave you and I more confused than we were before watching it in the first place..

my point is.. having had to learn the hard way myself.. spending hours and hours of trial and error.. begging, borrowing, stealing.. sorting good info from bad over and over making sure I didn't miss anything, or misinterpret anything.. reading books all the way through in one night soaking up everything.. finding those AHA! moments.. finding those moments that make those AHA! moments seem suddenly wrong... Then I went and got some professional instruction to help me sort things out further.. at this point, I feel can speak to you all on a level that you can easily understand.. having been through what many of you are going through, is the bottom line.. teach what I do know from a perspective that will hopefully make so much more sense to you then any way a technical engineer could explain it..

So.. if there is anything that you'd like to request, please let me know in this thread. Anything you've been dying to know, or anything that you need to test your understanding of versus mine.. I'll do the top 3-5 requests first in the hopes that the videos will appeal to the most people who need help at critical levels of understanding various stages of recording, mixing, mastering, producing, the whole 9..

Again I stress.. I don't claim to know everything.. I can't say my method is right.. but I can say it's not wrong.. and anyone who tells you their method is "the right" method.. is already steering you wrong.. always the first two rules.. #1 if it sounds good it is good... #2 there are no rules only generally effective guidelines.

So.. any requests you all would like to make?
    test
  2. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

basic mixing

basics on compression

reverb

basic mastering
    test
  3. Blackanese

basics on compression - what is compression/what does it do to vocals
    test
  4. SDFDSFA

SDFDSFA New Member

test
  5. Mr. ROUSH

Compression is a good one.. need more or I'll just have to pick for myself.. this your chance to get a video pretty much directed at exactly what you want to know.. this will much more effective if I get more feedback..

#1. Compression..
    #2. ??????
    #3. ??????
    etc..
    test
  6. Blackanese

reverb

u should do EQ...niggas dont understand the importance of how to EQ
    test
  7. Mr. ROUSH

Yeah, no doubt.. EQ is a definitely something that I'll cover... I'll do compression, EQ, REVERB/DELAY, Matering.. at least.. We'll take a look at parallel compression as well.. and I think probably I'll devote a whole video about Layering.. Cats are taking stacking vocals too far.. missing the point of it. I go to FL Monday and come back on the 10th.. I'll be starting this when I get back.. first video will be out in about a week and a half. Would like some more specific suggestions waitin when I get back. Pz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.