take notes:

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

all 3 of ya'll are up. diligent just posted on my fb. talking to your brother on chat...

its a conspiracy
    test
  2. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  3. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

although it pains me to even temp. side w/ eyerate
    if you agree the edge goes to person a) in admissions all things equal
    and we all agree there are programs in place to help
    person a) in the workplace when all other things are equal
    wouldn't person a) hire more a's like you're saying person b) does

what true natural advantage does b) have getting a job?
    is it only a matter of perception?

EDIT: I used a & b to see if I was reading correctly
    Obviously i dont think white ppl have to worry about being treated
    fairly lol
    test
  4. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

this is my last post in this thread because arguing racism is not my favorite thing nor my specialty.

there are only two scenarios where the claim of these programs being unfair is valid.

1) There was no dominating race. everybody has more or less the same influence in the area of business, education...etc

2) There was absolutely no bias whatsoever when it comes to race. that is to say even though whites dominate they gave every race a fair and equal opportunity to live, not one more than the other, in which case having reserves programs for other races isnt fair at all.

eyerate I would love to know if u have a better scenario or if your view of the world we live in is close to any one of these two.
    test
  5. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

when we erase the historical effects of racism then we are left with a prejudice we may never be able to fully eliminate, but at that point, when you have minorities in positions of power in numbers relative to their populations and a maintanace of those levels without intervention then we will probably be at a level as equal as we can hope to get. But looking at the numbers right now, we are nowhere near that.

I don't disagree with eyerate in principle, what he says sounds right. But it's kinda like communism. Sounds good on paper, but the history doesn't bear out that it works anything like he has proposed when put to the test.

We kinda did let minorities and whites do our own thing after slavery and that was a disaster. We (society) have proven that we can't have nice things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_era_of_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws
    test
  6. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

On the Scale of D-Lor <<<<<->>>>> Eyerate, I guess I'm a D-lor.

When Whites with Felonies have a worse callback rate on job apps than Blacks with clean records then I might participate in the discussion more. I've been poor and white my entire life and the benefits of my skin color are incredibly obvious when compared to minorities within my economic class. It may look similar on paper (not sociological studies though but I guess those don't count for shit) but reality never likes to sync up with the way we imagine the world to be when we're not facing the consequences of the problem in discussion. America uses the "blaming the victim" technique a frightening amount.

btw didn't really read 75% of the thread
    test
  7. jackmehoff

jackmehoff Its comin

Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. jackmehoff

jackmehoff Its comin

I can't figure out how to quote on mobile. But what about paperworks gettin mad at that jewish guy am I supposed to be takin notes about?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Special*T

Special*T Special-T

WTF, I feel both dumber and smarter for reading this thread. I dont really know what to say about everything I just wasted an hour reading. My boss and my president are black, all I fucking know is that....

My next boss is mexican, what does that mean?
    test
  10. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Your president is black, but is you lambo blue? We will not achieve true equality until then
    test
  11. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

dont you understand that the IDEA that one "RACE" can "DOMINATE" and should be HELD DOWN to even the playing field is RACIST?

how is this lost on you? so you think blacks need to get ahead, and if its at the expense of the bottom tier white people then fuck em because some white people have money already? is that what your argument is?

when does this "leveling of the playing field" equal "unfair advantage"?
    test
  12. Eyerate

you're pretty sure most of those names have history in african culture, and you would be wrong. horribly wrong.

http://www.namesite.com/

names like "laprecious" "shawanda" "laquesha"... all made up bullshit. whats next? "lexus" has african roots?

i saw a show years ago where a very well educated african man was being asked about "african" names in america and what they mean. his responses were hilarious. i gotta see if i can find it. he basically calls all these people idiots.

EDIT: found another link with actual african names and meanings... http://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/baby-names/african.html and guess what isnt on there...
    test
  13. Eyerate

heres another question i'll pose... if we need to level a capitalist society to accommodate blacks "equally" to whites... then why arent we changing the rules to make all white people equal owners of wealth? i mean isnt that the idea here? everything hasto be fair?

who said so? and whoever it is that did wasnt a capitalist..
    test
  14. Eyerate

EDIT: double post.
    test
  15. Dunk

Dunk FROG JUMP LEAP

Jesus Christ, that's horrifying.
    test
  16. Eyerate

test
  17. Eyerate

yea, if you dont actually read the study :funny:
    test
  18. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

So eyerate just denies that racial bias exist. You are completely wrong. I'm not going to nexus Lexus for you. You get google and wikipedia links. If you want to find an excuse for discrimination that doesn't rely on race you can do so. I can find alternate explanations for anything. But it's a confluence of factors which lead to racial bias. The study you panned has been reproduced.

I can't argue with someone who doesn't believe in science
    test
  19. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

In don't think that eyerate understands that scientific studies can take years to be carried out and peer reviewed. 2001 is a fairly recent study as far as social science is concerned
    test
  20. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

The us is nowhere near a capitalistic society. It certainly wasn't during it's inception. WTF. Take a history class

-posted from a history class
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.