Tag your Beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by Blak, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Blak

Blak Producer Of the Year

Stop just playing you beats for the masses yes they could try to sample it, between bars but let them go through the hard work to get it for free.. Us beat makers / producers( you only a producer if you directing in the studio) need to guard out craft now with everything at a click of a button you need to guard your trade!!

I have not posted a beat in about 8 years or make one that I liked in that time being so busy with life, you guys need to distract the non buyers really!! I hear beats on here and be like wow that shit is pure flames!!! then I hear no tags!! guess what some ones mix tape sold about $5,000 worth where is you cut??

Stop being dumb and protect yourself, remember big time producers can email beats with there credits protected can you do you have lawyers? if not and I know you don't protect yourself..

Some will disagrees and I want to hear it so please add on......
    test
  2. HAS Productions

HAS Productions Member

let kanye west sample my beat, and when 10,000,000 people find out I made that beat . . . I'll thank his bitch ass for getting me a record deal for the rest of my beats, and if you're mad some one got you 5k in advertisement, then you're in the wrong game . . . fuck 5 g's, 1000 people can make 5 g's off a whole mix tape and your one beat adds up to nothing divided between the rest of the beats, hooks, and verses from each different rapper, singer, and producer (your beat is 1/50 of the whole mix tape) , but one dude can bite your beat and the advertisement is endless. I see these dudes online selling beats, be it for $1 or $1,000 and they go no where, the dudes who got popular are the ones who got their shit out to the right person for free and got heard.
    test
  3. Blak

Blak Producer Of the Year

My post was not directed at myself but inspiring beat makers, if you sell a beat for what ever price it better than having it sit on you harddrive just taking up space. No tagging beats and just letting someone shine off of it does not make sense to me. Any beat maker can copy your beat but my problem is with Emcees profiting off of beat makers...
    test
  4. rezon44

rezon44 New Member

test
  5. CentricBeats

CentricBeats http://www.centricbeats.com/

Ignorance is Bliss.
    test
  6. Jimmy Conway1

Jimmy Conway1 Member

I totally agree with this. I co-sign
    test
  7. Rico Futuro

Rico Futuro New Member

test
  8. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

one tag on the beginning one tag on the ending.

you need the artist to be able to listen/write to/record to if you want them to actually do something with the track
    and since you only get paid if the beat gets used, you WANT them to do something with it

wether its an indie artist or a major artist signed to def jam. if they cant hear your beat because of all the crazy tags, theyre scrapping it. so lost opportunity/money for you.
    test
  9. Skrazey Music

Skrazey Music I Am Skrazey

Tag the beats with your website name also. I don't give out free downloads anymore. If I can't receive music production equipment for free then my art isn't free either.
    test
  10. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I used to be on here a lot, tagging all throughout the beat. I look back on it now and think it's a major waste of time and effort depending on where you're trying to go. If selling beats for $10 on Soundclick is the end all be all, tag your shit to hell and back. Otherwise, just do a name drop in the beginning of it like some "Mike Will Made It" or a lil "May may may may Maybach Music" somewhere.

Someone worthwhile actually making livable wages per month off of mixtapes using your music or someone higher in the industry using your beat without your permission but playing your lil beat tag is going to do more good for you then selling that for track $15 license, $50 exclusive ever will on Soundclick.

I mean, maybe if you're making thousands of dollars a month on Soundclick and it's your job and it's paying all of your bills. Tag it. If you're just getting $100 or $200 bucks over like 2-3 months, if that and your goal is to be making music that's on the radio or on CDs you can buy at Best Buy's across the country, you'd probably be better off focusing your efforts elsewhere rather than worrying about some dude who's releasing an internet only album that will only be checked out by his friends getting over on you.
    test
  11. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

realtalk... tag your beats! and signature tag leases (manditory)
    test
  12. beatgods

beatgods New Member

copyright your material I'm not really buying into tagging beats anymore
    test
  13. antbeatz

antbeatz Member

copyright + tag
    test