Swoon Music cover

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Infinite Skillz, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinite Skillz

Infinite Skillz R.E.A.L. Emcee

[​IMG]
    I thought Mr. J did a good job on this cover. What do you guys think?
    test
  2. eneyekay

eneyekay Graphic Designer

Ehhhhh.... I'm looking forward to the day when album covers get posted and they've been designed by someone who's been to University. I'll start at the bottom... the font is nasty, what's wrong with Helvetica?! Surely that text should be at the top of the cover as in... "blah presents..." and then list what blah is presenting? The text has a drop shadow!!! Why?! That's a BIG no in the design world, they're horrible and make the text look like Word Art... ie, the kind of thing that was produced in MS Word!

Not sure about the 'Swoon Music' type, unless the album is supposed to have a 70s disco feel to it? and why is it overlapping the 'vol.1' text? ... that would/could have fit well under the 'woon' or 'usic' if the guy has to insist on using that font.

personally, i would lose the main guy in the middle, bring the caddilliac up to the centre, and reduce it in size... put the speakers either side of it and have the jukebox behind the car in the middle with the characters behind that... with everything being greyscale excluding the caddiliac. change the numberplate on the car to greyscale too.

all in all, i would NOT be happy with this on my mixtape.
    test
  3. Show Killa

Show Killa It's Jay Daniel!

he bein nice.

its sucks

holla back!
    test
  4. DarealHipHop

DarealHipHop New Member

not overly impressed.. there is a bunch of elements put together but they arent harmonious yet.

nothing really feels all well put together on it yet.. oh well.. if u feelin it...

holla if u want something better.. send me a pm
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.