Supplements

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cHi_Co, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

discuss.
    test
  2. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

No-xplode.
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

lol @ "supplements"... so broad.

what are your goals? and how does your training regimen and diet look?

You could take all kinds of shit and get little to no gain purely because everything else you do sucks.
    test
  4. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Ay I'm Aiming for Arms, Pecs & thighs..

whats the best joints for those?

I weigh about 184 right now at 6'3.. that not to bad cause my shit is pretty nice & chicks still lick they lips when i take my shirt off lol.. I'm trying to Hit 200+ tho cause I've never been that weight..
    So what the best Weight Gainer? I'm talking you take it for a week & realize your getting fat.
    test
  5. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

Why would you want to gain fat?

Try gaining muscle.
    test
  6. Extreme Venom

Because right now I look like Bruce Lee I'm so Cut..

Fat can be converted into Muscle Bulk with ease, I've done it in the army.
    Muscle is fine but there's nothing wrong with having some weight filling in the Cuts a bit..

I have a Felix Trinidad Boxer's Body.. I work out & get cut up nice not Bulked up which is where the weight gainer will come in..
    test
  7. p. haze

No. Fat doesn't turn into muscle.
    Two different types of tissues.

Sorry.
    test
  8. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

test
  9. Extreme Venom

WTF@ you attempting to disproove shit like this is a discussion

I didn't say TURNED INTO MUSCLE you fuckin' clown..

I Said CONVERTED

Meaning the fat being broken down in the body into energy to Build Muscle.

Fat Provides almost 20% more Energy per Gram then Protein, FACT..

I hate stupid people who think they're smart, go read a book herb.

test
  10. p. haze

WTF @ at you getting all fucking uptight. I knew I should have called you an idiot like I do the rest of the board but I thought you were actually cool and said nah. Now it saddens me you have to go out this way and I'll have to fucking SMASH you.

BTW, Do you always get this offended when you are wrong dude? lol.

Thats pretty sad.

Stubborn and stupid.

Anyway.. Read up you dumbshit.

"The Myth Of Turning Fat Into Muscle

Muscle mass and fat are two different animals: Muscle is active tissue that burns calories around the clock even as you sleep, kind of like an engine running in neutral. When you move around, you burn more calories, just like a car will consume more gas the faster you go. Fat, on the other hand, is just a storage of excess energy. It does nothing but sit there with its sole goal in life to be a spare tire around your waist until you put in the effort to burn it off.

Bodyfat is not particularly useful except as padding against bumps, as insulation to preserve warmth, and as a convenient surface where you can balance a can of beer while watching the game, as frequently demonstrated by my potbellied father. You need some bodyfat to stay healthy of course, but unless you're walking around with razor-sharp abs and sunken, fat-depleted cheeks year-round, you probably have nothing to fear."

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt2.htm
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Exercise Doesn't Turn Fat Into Muscle

One popular misconception is that you can convert fat into muscle by exercising. Unfortunately, this is not possible. Exercise can burn enough calories to force the body to burn fat, but it cannot turn fat into muscle. However, certain types of exercise (eg. ab-exercises) can strengthen muscles in an area of excess fat (eg. stomach) and give the appearance of a leaner shape."

http://www.annecollins.com/exercise-to-lose-fat.htm
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    It's a common misconception that you can change fat into muscle. In truth you can't change fat into muscle (or vice versa) anymore than you can change lead into gold. Adipose tissue is composed of spherical cells that are specifically designed to store fat; muscle tissue consists of special contractile proteins that allow for movement to occur. So, based upon these facts, your muscles don't convert into fat during periods of extended inactivity because fat and muscle are two different and distinct types of biological tissue. And your fat doesn't change into muscle from rigorous exercise for the same reason. Your muscles atrophy (or get smaller) from prolonged disuse; your muscles hypertrophy (or get larger) from physical activity.

http://www.naturalstrength.com/features/detail2.asp?AuthorID=169&ArticleID=108
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can LOSE fat and GAIN muscle, but you cannot CONVERT muscle into fat!

"I hate stupid people who think they're smart, go read a book herb."

Owwww, the irony.

But I'll heed your advice and continue to read so I can continue to SMASH STUPID bitches like you.

-Haze.
    test
  11. Extreme Venom

Wow.. Man your a idiot..

You really have your mind set that i'm saying Fat can be turned into muscle.. wtf?

I don't think your comprehening my words because your Arguing a fact that I'm not..

Do you know what the word CONVERT means?

Its a PROCESS of Change.

You just Prooved that Fat Cannot Be turned into muscle... Not that It cannot be converted into energy FOR muscle.

I Have a High metabolism, Thus the reason I want to gain Fat & convert the fat calories into Energy FOR muscle Building..

Lemme Repeat myself so it can sink into your skull muscle head ass nicca...

convert fat into Energy FOR muscle Building..

http://www.dreamtimemassage.homestead.com/FatBurning.html

[​IMG]

test
  12. Snikka

haha.. you always have the best animations.

I still have that redman "FUCK YOU" from how high as my myspace pic.
    test
  13. Snikka

I totally understood what he meant by convert fat to muscle.

not literally... figuratively.
    test
  14. Extreme Venom

^^Zactly...

I have a High metabolism thus Proteins & High Carbs Don't work as well when Delivering energy from calories to my body like fat does..

It's easier for a runner, boxer, or basketball player(like myself) to get prolonged energy from fat then it would be for a football linemen.

This is my Point..

I gain Fat & Convert to Muscle..

Blah@ Mr.Know it alls Who can't even understand the points thier arguing against.. clowns..

test
  15. Extreme Venom

lol I know DannyC tried to say i stole it from you & I'm like Nigga stfu lol

Anyway, what you know about good weight gainers?
    test
  16. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

alright now that the bitching is done....lol EV fightin wit ppl

Back to the original question....What are the best "healthy" weight gaining supplements?
    I have the exact same problem as EV and I need help as well.
    test
  17. Snikka

there's so many weight gainers out there.

the one I fuck with is Prolab N-large 2

in fact, I just got a 10lb bucket of the shit. (serving size is 4 scoops = 600 calories, 56 grams of protein)

so instead of downing all that shit.. I just split it.. after workout do like 2 scoops, etc.

I've heard good things about Champion weight gainer.

There's others out there that have some major MAJOR calories per serving.. Iono, you gotta be careful because you wanna try to stay semi-lean and not be killing too many calories at one sitting, cause trust that will just turn to fat and it's worthless.

some times new heads think it's smart to get a ton of calories all at once and it's not.. you gotta split it up.

i had a friend get some GNC weight gainer and do like 1200 calories a sitting.. (he's like 155 and lean), not understanding he'll just shit that all away :p

the best gainers are right now: N-large 2, CytoSPort Cyto Gainer, Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice, Optimum Serious Mass and Optomum Pro Complex Gainer.

they all pack about 600 calories a serving and about 55 grams of protein, plenty of carbs, some of them have glutamine (like the pro complex) and that Cytosport even has creatine+glutamine, I noticed that muscle juice had arginine in it.

unless you're an ULTRA hardgainer, and NEED to fuck with the 1200+ calorie servings, stick with one of the above.
    test
  18. p. haze

MUTE.

Fat is stored energy- fact.
    Fat is a necessity for energy- fact.

But all that excess fat is not going to help you build muscle.

What your saying is you rather dirty bulk then clean bulk- which is OKAY but not the best way of going about things.

Fact- "hard fat" guys predominantly posses something known as subabdominal or visceral fat: adipose tissue that accumulates beneath the abs and coats the internal organs.

Doctors refer to this as "heart attack fat" and it's much more dangerous than regular subcutaneous fat accumulation. (It's also easier to lose, so that's good news.) Since most of this fat is subabdominal, the person may appear "thick" yet hard since even the abs may be partially visible. Sadly, if you look like this, then you better dial 9 and 1 on your cell phone, because it's only a matter of time before you need to push the other 1 to summon an ambulance.

Great! I'm all for big muscles, but a huge gut and love handles that look like you're wearing an SUV's spare tire around your waist? Um, no thanks. I don't know what's worse, a skinny anorexic girl obsessed with watching the numbers on the scale go down, or a fat bodybuilder obsessed with watching the numbers go up, blissfully blind to the fact that most of the weight is coming from rolls and rolls of blubber.
    test
  19. p. haze

If you want to be fat and muscular thats alright with me duke.
    test
  20. Snikka

say goodbye to those abs if you wanna do some serious bulking. I bulk clean.. so it's whatever.

pros bulk with anything they can get.... including ice cream and pop tarts.

i know it's gonna be hard to accept that.

have you seen some dudes pre-cutting? man... there's only one way to gain mass and not be a little skinny dork with abs.

clean bulk... it's not rocket science.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.