Superslow Workout

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Majestic1990, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

What's good RM. Anybody ever try superslow workout? If not you should try it. It's basically working out at High intensity, but at a slow pace

There was research done on this by Ken Hutchkins. Basically when you workout slow you hit your slow twitch muscles, and you cut out momentum which helps you lift the weight allowing you to use all of your muscles to lift.

This shit seriously makes you stronger..if you don't believe it, just try it.

Instead of doing your push-ups fast, do them with a 10 second up, 10 second down tempo. It's real painful since your muscles are under tension longer, but it makes you stronger. Doing this you feel every muscle fiber, every nerve, every CELL being worked in the muscle group.

The most sit-ups I could do used to be only 40. After doing superslow sit-ups for 2 weeks, I could do 140 sit-ups easily with no problem.

I also think this is what releases testosterone, I started eating way more and having more energy and confidence.

You really only need to do this once or twice a week. Try it and tell me how you feel in this thread.
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

sorry for not responding to this earlier.

most fitness individuals with knowledge of lifting know that slow, controlled reps are really good for focused lifting and muscle gain.

i do this when i'm really focusing on getting bigger, but lately for toning and defining, i've been doing faster burst reps which really get the fast-twitch muscles going and are good for mobility.
    test
  3. Devante22

Devante22 New Member

Hmm thanks for sharing this such a wonderful information about workout and gym this is quite help for me and discussion is also good thanks for the impressive effort.....
    test
  4. NarcoticFarm

NarcoticFarm New Member

I heard to talk about that sometime ago. People say its better to increase volume...
    test
  5. willandrew09

willandrew09 New Member

The slow workout will be difficult at start but will be more helpful if you can go ahead with it. It will definitely help you to keep yourself fit.
    test
  6. Allan33

Allan33 New Member

i do this when i'm really concentrating on getting larger, but lately for sculpting and interpreting, i've been doing quicker rush associates which really get the fast-twitch muscle tissue going and are excellent for flexibility.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.