Superman the movie(new one)

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Sir Bustalot, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

no they didn't....."the return of superman" is the story of his return from death, not from space(after Superman II), which the movie is actually based on.

and from what i've heard...and is pretty much common comic knowledge...the doomsday vs. superman/the death of superman story arc blew asshole.
    test
  2. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

how old are u?
    test
  3. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

am i remembering wrong?
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I did not know the movie was based on his return from space.

Anyway, Supermans death was the RAWEST comic ever.
    I have the original #79 issue first print.

Ok if that was a weak FIGHT what about GOG verse SUPERMAN?
    test
  5. Pyro Tecknik

i mean the concept was great(although logically, DC would never kill off one of it's top 3 producing characters...so obviously everyone knew he wasn't going to be dead for long...and he wasn't.) but yea...if they based a movie off that and at the end had him killed off, and done right....without coming off cheesy as the fuck. then yea, i probably would have prefered that too.

hmm...the recent gog vs. superman? or The Kindom gog vs superman? or are you thinking of Kindom Come's Magog? i haven't read the recent one and probably won't(not interesting enough)...but the story arc with magog was better than the one with gog. again, if told right...it would be worth seeing.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Doomsday wasn't that great. It was popular when it happened, but the story sucked, actually there wasn't much story, here I'll sum it up: Superman fights doomsday, doomsday escapes, doomsday kills 30 innocents and 2 superheros, superman finds and fights doomsday, repeat, repeat, repeat...repeat again, repeat, doomsday and superman kill each other, the end.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Either one really.

You'd have to show the DEATH of SUPERMAN first before you even got to the GOG series.

The kingdom of gog would come after the 2nd fight between Superman and doomsday labeled the Doomsday wars.

I think Superman verses gog would be interesting becuase GOG just keeps going back in time to kill superman OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Basically killing every form of SUPERMAN!

Then in KINGDOM COME gog kills superman again for the final and last time,
    but not before DOOMSDAY takes supermans place and leads a revolution
    in the NAME OF SUPERMAN. This would also be the series where doomsday
    is highly intelligent. Though the ending would be left open becuase Doomsday
    gives up his intelligents to save superman in the past and young gog escapes.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That isn't the END!

You need to read the DOOMSDAY WARS.

You get the whole story on doomsday.

See, everytime Doomsday DIES he comes back
    but is immuned to what killed him the first time.

This means, anytime a superhero was able to kill doomsday he would be immued to how he was killed. Thus, it won't work a second time.

He is actually the best of the best when it comes to super villains.
    test
  9. Pyro Tecknik

these stories are not linear... kingdom come and the kingdom are "elseworlds stories"(not part of DC continuity). so it doesn't matter which story is done first or in between whatever fight.

and it's in The Kingdom where gog kills alternate worlds Superman.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.