Superman the movie(new one)

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Sir Bustalot, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

why the fuck they make a new superman movie?

who fuckin cares about superman anymore? seriously, seems mad retarded to me to make another superman flick......i stopped caring or even thinkin superman was cool years and years ago....

like if they had a superhero banquet, superman would be alone by himself at a table in the back beside the bathrooms. The servers would probably forget to bring him any food, and when they said his name during the speech everyone would be like "who? superman? wtf!!" and theyd all look around wondering who the fuck invited superman.

nobody cares about superman, hes stale and boring......He might aswell call himself Capn' Cardboard Box.

or am i the only one who thinks superman is bunk?
    test
  2. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

theyre trying to Capatalize off of the success of Smallville probably... Which is kinda odd seeing he's not even in the movie, is he? Besides theyve ran Batman, into the ground, they have to find another already established super hero. I'm surprised they haven't done a Nightwing movie.
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Ghost Rider comes out next year

there is also supposed to be a Wolverine movie in the works
    test
  4. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

superman isn't that bad. i used to see him like that too...but i've seen and read several superhero parody strips and claymation/mego-toy animation vids where he was a dick....and he was great.

but apparently, the superman returns movie is starting off where Superman II left off. i don't like the actor that was casted for the role, nor am i a fan of the suit....so i'll leave it to the plot/storyline and overall acting(of the main and supporting actors) before i trash it completely.

diddles....keep your stupid and worthless opinions to yourself. especially when you don't know what you're talking about.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I just can't see Nicholas Cage being Ghost Rider.

A Wolverine flick would be cool though. I'm still lookin forward to X3.
    test
  6. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

im not sure if i like the Superman outfit..... It looks kind of cheesy.
    test
  7. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

superman was that dude back in the 50s or whatever.. hes very outdated in todays comic culture which has much more complex/interesting characters and storylines

ghost rider should be sick...
    test
  8. Pyro Tecknik

...heh.

he was "that dude" in the late 70's and early 80's, when superman I&II came out...and he's still one of the more popular/interesting comic book characters.

i'm not big on superman. the morals/ethics, boyscout persona, and basically his origin may be outdated, but he's timeless.

his image and "S" insignia are still the most popular in the world of comics and pop culture.
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i think it should work...cage prolly went all out for it since he is a big ghost rider fan

he was also supposed to play superman in the new movie originally when Tim Burton was directing it..
    test
  10. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

he is a classic, no denying that..

but how long can he keep going? smallville was a good show, but im not sure they can pull off another movie.. especially with all the other movies made from comic book heroes (punisher was great). and speaking of that, how can u say a squeaky clean role model like superman is really more interesting than a punisher, or even a spiderman?
    test
  11. Pyro Tecknik

the numbers speak for themselves.

superman books sell more than punisher books. the punisher is pretty much a one dimensional character...he's not really all that popular in comics and his movie pretty much flopped too.

i never said he was more interesting than spiderman...or even the punisher. i just said he was still an interesting character....and that's not just my opinion. DC's Infinite Crisis event is pretty much centered around him(along with Batman and Wonder Woman, but Superman is still the main character/leading role).

neither the punisher nor spiderman could do that....they're the heroes that caught in an event, superman is right in the middle of it.
    test
  12. Count Nigmo

Count Nigmo New Member

Well, the budget is like 180 million, so they think someone wants to see it. Granted I dont think its worth even a rental.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

The Punisher fucking blew.

I think an Iron Man movie would be cool.
    test
  14. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

he is an icon, i recognize that

wel see how this movie does.. if they do a good job and not make it cheesy/canned etc, ill be suprised

if it isnt good, it wouldnt be the first time hollywood messed up a good idea
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Dont get me started on that fag Spiderman.....god i hate that homo...

but superman seems lame, feels like theyre reviving Mighty Mouse......
    test
  16. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Hey now, I used to be a fan of mighty mouse.
    test
  17. Pyro Tecknik

an animated mighty mouse movie would be dope.

i agree, supes is pretty lame compared to batman, but he's still better than a lot of new comic book characters coming out these days.

cover to vol.1 HC
    [​IMG]
    cover to vol.2 HC
    [​IMG]

random image from the series
    [​IMG]
    infamous cover to issue 204(opposite to Batman's variant issue #608 of the year before)
    [​IMG]

Jim Lee's and Brian Azzarello's Superman: "For Tomorrow"^^ was pretty nice. although, the story fell short to the art, like Batman's: "HUSH"(by Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb)
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I think Nick Cage will be good as Ghost Rider.

I'm waiting on X3 and the Woveriene movie.
    test
  19. Pyro Tecknik

of the upcoming comic book movies, i'm looking foward to:

Superman Returns
    X3
    TMNT
    Sin City 2
    El Muerto
    ghost rider
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Teenage Turtles? They making another one? Dope, I loved the old ones as a kid.

And I forgot about Sin City 2.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.