Supercharger or Turbo for my application?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by AKay47, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKay47

AKay47 ImYourGirlsFavoriteRapper

I need some advice on what i should get for the car im about to get.
    I had an error with my current car the dealer goofed and registered it and put it in my dads name(we have the same name and my trade in was in his name) Me and him dont get along at all and he found out about it sooo im getting a 2003 or 2004 rsx type s within the month. Now the deal is i wanna completely mod it out b4 next summer.
    Money is not an issue on the aftermarket mods( I make great money but dont have good credit :( ) Im leaning towards getting the Jackson Racing supercharger. A few people at work tell me to get a turbo. But my question is which is more bang for the buck? People tell me the supercharger will fuck up my motor faster.
    Any advice is coo yall can hit me on aim dafrza3

but I want an rsx type s i will buy an rsx type s
    and i dont really care if yall gonna come in the thread and tell me to get some other car. this aint a if you were in my shoes thread its a give me some solid advice on my options for my car thread.
    AKay
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

If i were in your shoes..

And you dont have good credit....damn...lol anyway back the the topic at hand

Seriously, turbo of course is your best bet for more power. And yeah of course the supercharger is going to strain your engine since it is a direct link to the engine unlike the turbo.

The harder install is the turbo, and with this one kit(forgot the name) i have heard out for the type S, they sound promising and quite quick, actually. I ran a supercharged rsx, and wasnt impressed at all. Beat him easily by about 4 carlengths and i was granny shifting.

And since money is not problem, and it can't be when doing projects. Get real friendly with some shops and get ready to do some good research on custom piping for you intercooler, manifolds and which turbo you are going to get. Might want to look into a t3/t4. Sounds like an interesting project car. I have only seen one turbo RSX type S and it did sound like money.

So if i were you i would go turbo. Although i havent done research on FI on the RSX, im sure it is a tedious but gradifying project. Good luck
    test
  3. AKay47

see my dillema is i have to get something between 20-23gs tops and it has to be from honda or acura because i have a financing with them.
    I have good credit with them so they will give me another car.
    and i have up to 4gs to put down right now including my 03 accord.
    But i want something worth the hassle of hooking up. lil by lil adding more and more power to it. i can afford to put 500 aside a month towards modding the car be it performance, or looks.
    in other words lets say i wanna get headers and exhaust it may take me 2 months to save but ill get it in 2 months. u feel me?
    im not rich but im not broke either.
    I just love cars and have made it my new hobby just this january.
    I want to get high numbers on the quarter mile and just want my shit to look sound and be totally different from the next mans.
    im thinking from my research i can have my car up to 350 horses with the supercharger and other mods. Maybe even nos.

I was looking at this
    http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/engine_kit.html

and also the jackson racing supercharger.
    and dc sports suspension parts.
    Tigre do you know a site with numbers on the 1/4 mile for the rsx type s stock?
    AKay
    test
  4. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

i wish i was in your shoes except for the bad credit thing lol
    test
  5. AKay47

lol i know man thats why just finish school get a decent job.
    And dont i repeat DONT get any chicks pregnant!!!!!
    lol
    Shyt not to long ago i was pushing a different hooptie every year lol
    AKay
    test
  6. Tigre

you mean besides the forums?

Well they run low 15's, high 14's stock. Which is pretty much expected with a car like this.

If you want the best bang for the buck, i still say turbo. I raced a JRSC RSX and busted his ass 3 times. He was putting down about 270fwhp if im not mistaken. Don't get me wrong it is quick, and was nice to hear that supercharger whine..... but i also saw a turbo RSX and that was just completely nasty. About as nasty as the Turbo Type R i saw. Although i think the Type R had more tuning and power than the turbo'd RSX.

I completely understand your dilemma. I also went through that when i had my GS400 and was contemplating going all performance on it, but fuck if i could afford it at that time. So i compromised with show and some go.

I also faced the dilemma when searching for my new car...which i have now [kat] and been driving for the past week. But as much as i wanted to leave the racing/mod scene, i found out that it wasnt time for that yet. Thus will explain my new car. Will take pics tonight.
    test
  7. Tigre

Just talked to the guy with the JRSC RSX, and he said another route is going with CN supercharger kits. They are very well known in the RSX community and net great power esp. with the stage 2 kit.

Another question is, is this power for drag racing or what. Cause he did bring a good point to my attention. If you are into on demand power get the supercharger. IF you are into limitless power get the turbo. Cause he drags and road course races with his car. And that is why he chose the JRSC instead of a T3 setup for his car. If you are wanting that all out power get the turbo. But you do have to take in the account for the big brake kit you will need, axles might need looking into, lsd....and so on.
    test
  8. LYFE-LINE

LYFE-LINE New Member

why get a new car....used 95 GS-R with a turbo heheheheh
    test
  9. AKay47

hey tigre thanx for the advice
    but when i went to acura today i fell in love wit the TSX lol
    so i bought one.
    I think im gonna buy an older car to hook up for racing and use the TSX as my daily.
    Im a corporate man i gotta look the corporate image lol.
    Know any good rims to get for it :)
    AKay
    test
  10. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

wow wow i do like me a TSX man - they jus look fresh - wut color u get?
    test
  11. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

btw - how much $?
    test
  12. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

it makes me depressed when i read how akay can buy a car.. brand new amd have cash left... or tigre the same... and i dont have the money to buy a pinto :(

but im only 18 and bout to start working

i will be in here with u bitches soon enough braggin muahhahahahahah :(
    test
  13. AKay47

lol @ froggy
    i pick up my ride on Friday.
    Hey man the only advice i can offer from my dealings with dealers is DONT FUCK UP YOUR CREDIT!!!
    them mothafuccas didnt even ask for my check stubs lol.
    and do all of the research on the web and calculations on loans and invoice price and all that shyt ureself and just go there and tell the dealer how much you wanna pay and what he can do.
    i gotta get back to you on how much i paid for the TSX on Friday lol i would take pics too but i dont have a digi cam.
    im thinking 28 cause it came with factory kit. i put down like 2 gs i dont even have untill payday on friday !!oh yeah and my 03 accord coupe :(
    AKay
    test
  14. Shizz

Shizz fgdgffgfgdfgdfgd

supercharger...cuz turbo fucks ur engine up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.