Summer GRB Rd 1: Walt Dissme vs. Nicos

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $700 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB Summer 2006 Rules - First Round

- First Round Audios are DUE Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 1 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos
    test
  2. Nicos

Nicos New Member

test
  3. Walt Dissme

Walt Dissme I am a Registered User

test
  4. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

test
  5. Yu Law

Yu Law Member

Vote=Nicos

Both cats didn't have killer lyrics but it's round 1 so I expect whoever advances will step it up next round. The edge on flow/style goes to Nicos in my book. Walt was a little choppy for me. But what do I know.
    test
  6. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Nicos

Writing as I listen...Whoa the HI version is on some chipmunk shit...listening LOW. Beat/Police lines are kinda plaid. Cant hit a snare line was also used by Nimrod this round....strange...verse was kinda short...like 1 min of rhymes and 1 minute of talking. But all in all Ive heard worse...and Ive never heard the other dude....so it could be good enough...I love how you let the beat ride out for a minute after you were done...now other people can add there own verse....clever....

Walt

Pose naked with a frizbee kinda cracked up...this is an odd beat...and your flow is oddball too...but its kinda cool...kinda like a mix between Del and Tom Green's rap album. Second beat is much better...whole lotta talking...you really sound like Tom Green on this verse...I like it though...its diffrent...

VOTE = WALT

This was a bizarre battle...but a pretty one sided one...good shit fellas...
    test
  7. JohnnyBoot

JohnnyBoot New Member

what he said...
    test
  8. Kyran K

Kyran K New Member

Walt---sounded Like You Were Talking..""i Put It On A Missle And Made Your City Sizzle" Hahahah ..just Add Some More Emotion

NICOS- I Wasnt Really Feeling The Chipmunk Voice And Everyline Starting With Variations Of "i" "im About "im Bout " Im Gonna"

But Whatever NICOS Seems Like He Has The Better Flow In This So Vote-NICOS
    test
  9. one der

one der Nor Cal King

Nicos - Beat is nice...kicking it off chipmunk style. uncomfortable on the beat...couldnt hit a snare....stephen hawking... Flow and beat were nice but your track was mad short.

Walt - odd beat...not my steez but you're riding it. carry Under wood...haha clever word play. couldnt get love in a whore house...eh. A few other nice lines. Kinda sound like Del the funkee homosapien at times haha maybe tahts just me. Second beat is dope...better flow. What you rock-in is ancient...nice line.

Overall i think Walt outpunched Nicos. Nicos had half the track walt had...and that hurt him overall i. Nicos had a more fluid flow and delivery but it wasn't enough this time.

My two cents.
    peace
    test
  10. Walt Dissme

you listened to the wrong verse that was not me.....it was the one right under that said VS. NICOS .............not the one that said HAMILTON VS. PRICELESS that you peeped.......
    test
  11. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

shrug...i dunno i didnt really feel this one.
    test
  12. Kyran K

Kyran K New Member

even worse i wish i didnt listen to any of them
    test
  13. Walt Dissme

ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa ......
    test
  14. KamikazeLyricist

KamikazeLyricist The Kamikaze Lyricist

Walt Dissme ....... intro was cooo ...... beats ok not really feelin it for a battle ........
    flow was shaky to me no lines stook out or had me like OOO shit .......
    2nd beat was better still not really feelin it though

Nicos .......... better beat choice from the jump ........ intro was cool ..........
    lol @ clownin his name in the intro ......... you just sound alot more polished and ready to battle ..... lines werent really catchin me but it was a better diss in my eyes .....

so vote = Nicos
    test
  15. Nicos

Nicos New Member

Does Kyran K's vote for me count?

His comment in the thread said he's voted me, but nothing on the standings from him.....
    test
  16. Kyran K

Kyran K New Member

there you girl...but dont get all excited and shit cuz you only toak it because i dyed laughin when you said "his mom doesnt even know he raps".... other than that walt would have won

now go check my shit
    test
  17. Verbatim

Verbatim Mr Write

FUCK..I voted for the wrong person...wow..I forgot my password because I havent had to use that shit in like 2 years and when I retyped the real one it was on Walts name...fuck.....Nico should vote for himself to at least tie it up..my bad man
    test
  18. Nicos

Nicos New Member

^ Can't any of the mods switch that over?
    test
  19. Verbatim

Verbatim Mr Write

man I hope so
    test
  20. Banksy

Banksy Guest

Nicos: Haha that voice sucks haha...Quite funny tho haha.....WHAT! is that it..just that squeeky ass voice..i was waitin for your verse damn fuckit...

Walt: Atleast you spoke properly haha, but ya flow wasnt too nice,, lyrics kinda nice, delivery wasnt too good, but decent track, props

Vote: Nicos

Worse battle in the tourny ive seen so far
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.