Summer GRB Rd 1: TunK vs. Scribe

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $700 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB Summer 2006 Rules - First Round

- First Round Audios are DUE Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Wed Night May 24th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 1 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos
    test
  2. TunK

TunK Active Member

test
  3. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

test
  4. TunK

TunK Active Member

test
  5. TunK

TunK Active Member

test
  6. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

test
  7. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

test
  8. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

upping live battles above the locked ones
    test
  9. Bloody Red

Bloody Red New Member

tunk...

jus came strait at him .. Liked the way you approached the battle . production clear . beat aight

scribe .. this shit seemed like it was wrote for some one else .. shoulda done some homework or just spit some hot ass battle shit
    test
  10. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

Tunk- shyt yo i cant lie u have gotten better i like the flow punchlines was directly hittin had some dope metaphors in there overall came really really dope! shyt was sickness.

Scribe- nice beat choice ya voice is hard i like that type of style u bring! u keep saying dog alot though lol... but yea i mean lyrics was hard but some just wasnt hittin as hard as tunks so im gonna have to go with

Tunk on this one!

Good battle yall for real

peep my battle if yall got the chance

peace
    test
  11. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

that's laughable.

i did, like 2hrs ago. but you already knew that.

thanks for the votes though!!
    test
  12. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

Tunk - I like the beat, good flow syllables on the "i tactically smash mcs"etc. part, banana clips line, u kinda sound like writeous mixed with the slim shady lp.

delivery was aight, flow was coo...dissers were decent, not alot of stand out lines but overall nice shit.

Scribe - ill beat, delivery is good...LMAO @ the windmill, havin a perm, arab dude in the car, LMAO @ archie bunker line...damn @ only thing that squeals is a pig, auction a bid.

this was a funny and nice ass battle...both goin at eachother but I'ma have to go with Scribe on this. this'll prolly hurt me in my battle but oh well, least I know I'm voting fair.
    test
  13. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

This is being slept on, haardddd...and...Woww, I really have to disagree with the people that have voted so far...

Tunk - My first time hearing you...real clean quality, beat is nice, and your delivery is pretty smooth...but your attacks were just way too basic....i think your writing is on a lower level than the rest of your style, so once you get that up, you'll be looking good...a few too many "You look like" references that I really didn't see, also...

Scribe - Loving the beat, hard voice too, liking it....i like your style a lot, i can tell you a funny dude...lots of attacks that had me laughing...got a subtle-type humor to your track that had me dying...the crack in the salt shaker, and feed him mush part had me dying, the way you delivered it...

Scribe's overall track seemed a little more rushed, but clearly took the win with the better battle track, good shit by both though..

Vote - Scribe
    test
  14. Reflexx

Reflexx [insert cool thing here]

tunk - flow and delivery was nice, but to me it seems like you slow down the ending of your lines or some shit to add emphasis, iunno maybe thats just me. besides that, id say up the penmanship category and you'd probly be set. not too many stand out punches..alotta played material and filler throughout your verse. not bad though..

scribe - kinda layed back style, voice's nice.. flow's on point throughout the entire verse, but yea you can tell you rushed this shit lol. that perm line had me rollin lmfaooo nice shit. good stuff

pretty neck to neck battle here, but i think scribe edged this one.. due to the fact of havin more suited punches for a battle.. tunk didnt really get at scribe for the most part, he could've gotten at'em better but just didnt..too many generic "you look like" punches.

good battle though, but scribe got this one in my eyes

vote - scribe
    test
  15. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

okay im seeing some people (not just D. Omen)
    saying they voted this way or wouldnt vote this way cuz itll hurt thier battle

is there some kind of thing going on where if u vote against one guy he HAS to vote against you? if so that is fucking
    gayyyyyyy

i think scribe couldve done better but he still got it.
    better overall joint
    test
  16. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

TunK - nice flow on this, beat is cool. Lyrics is ehh, Jordan line was nice...i'm not a big fan of dissing pictures the whole time. but overall you did good.

Scribe - came nice on this. flow and lyrics were nice...beats pretty dope too. more comedy then tunks verse.

Vote - Scribe...close battle. thought scirbe came with better lyrics.
    test
  17. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

Hey Normality. Thanks for coming into this thread. My name is Scribe. It's very nice to meet you indeed.
    test
  18. one der

one der Nor Cal King

Scribe - Feeling the flow and beat so far. "a windmill for me"...that line had me chuckling haha. "that aint a face..." Alot of dope lines in my opinion. Overall very polished track.

Tunk - nice flow...mutumbo look alike haha...George Jeferson, reject master p...these comparisons are hilarious. fruitcake with banana clips...lots of lines.

Overall...this was a pretty close battle. I think Scribe had a much more polished sound. There were a few parts where Tunk's delivery wasn't as strong as it could have been...but it was nip and tuck. I gotta go with my gut on this though..

Vote - Scribe
    test
  19. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

yo tunk whats that beat you used mayne???
    test
  20. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.