Summer GRB Rd 1: Nimrod vs. comPleXNY

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Arkon, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

Nimrod, you nearly scared me with that fruity ass beat you spat on initially. I thought Complex was definately going to win at that point, but you were just fucking around.

It seemed pretty much effortless on Nim's part. Complex, you were fierce though brotha. I could feel all that angst and emotion. Nice battle but the better man won today.

Vote- Nimrod.
    test
  2. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

that dude complex made a entire diss about nims ex wtf how gay and the hypocrisy in you dissin nim cuz he met his gurl on the net haaha..

nim took this easy
    test
  3. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

both came hot, i gotta relisten a few times to catch it all
    but plex that angry shit really aint my thing
    still it aint really weighing my decision either way

off the record
    nimrod had a beat i WISH i fuckin thought of
    test
  4. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

one question, am i the only one who nimrods intro talking and all (not verses) sound like its been sped up or somethin, like one of them sites you type in words and it says it for you but all computerized or w/e lol, i thought thats what it was but its definately still you
    test
  5. Bloody Red

Bloody Red New Member

stop hatin on complex .. he came on some CRAzY shit man .. did you hear this kids voice . . he wasnt jokin .. I like the way he flipd it different talkd about that dudes past wit that chick .. different angle
    beat switch cold as shit plex .. Im lovin this u just goin off right man .. no doubt

nimrod .. the begining was like a LONG ass intro .. it was aight though. just long as shit I was like were the hell is the track ? dog ....
    but alot of ya shit was cold .. that " jersy / 3 times" .. had me ( lol ) ...
    alot of personals cool rhyme scheme

Im gonna have to sleep on this . dont know yet
    test
  6. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

Thanks for all the voting everyone up this!
    test
  7. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

complex your track was great.. you got a great delivary great agression, great disses, buty this seemed more like a diss track then a battle... and it was a story... second beat comes good choice, some battle lines here.. target line nice, some good material but nothing to outstanding. The skinny line.. thats just a normal diss... like a mom joke... and i heard that from proof on mixtape... closing line wasnt hard... i like the make my closing line the hardest punch... but yea nice track

nimrod... what the hell with th intro.. was you mixed with those microsoft voice shits sam or w/e... too long of an intro lol... good material in it.. but long.. and u sound kinda british ?! good job nice punches....

i cant vote but nimrod took this barely.
    test
  8. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

test
  9. TunK

TunK Active Member

Man i root for complex everytime o_O;

Beat - Nimrod
    Flow - Nimrod
    Wordplay - Nimrod
    Personals - ComplexNy
    Delivery - ComplexNy
    Punches - Nimrod
    Creativity - ComplexNy

Vote = Nimrod
    test
  10. S. Gatsby

S. Gatsby Who Da Fuck Axed U?

Complex sounds like Technique .. Not bad though, but for the fact that I remember that you bit lines and shit .. Thats whack .. But if I never knew, this shit is definetly respectable .. The Remy instrumental .. I dont like how you brought in the Cam joint and didn't spit on it.. ROFL @ The nimrod vocals.. What the fuck was that .. ROFLFMOA

ROFL @ The introduction Nim .. Headbutting chalk .. Ha.. Longley .. Tried to tan .. Wheel chair, Handicap brother .. ROFL @ The canibus joint .. Modem holes .. Rolling stones .. Bassinet .. Georga bush .. Sleepin on ya second track .. Worst .. Malone .. The lines are insanity through this shit .. Flow is niceness .. T Boz .. Safe sex with a zombie .. Bump uglies .. You went off the fucking wall for this one ..
    test
  11. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

i dont bite lines... everything is bound to get repeated in rap theres millions and millions of people who say the same shyt over and over..

anyway

up this
    test
  12. Konseetid

Konseetid ask about me

complex has a very aggressive style... flow is aight.. delivery and emotion sounds real good tho... sounds pissed.. lol... sounds consistent on both beats... had a coo verse... not real lyrical or ne thing... but got some personals... coo shyt

nimrod... and now i have to download ya track cuz it's not playin in tha myspace player... booo... i love cable modem.... aight... lol at ya intro... flow is nice... delivery is nice... everything is nice to b real... pulled his myspace cards and shyt... which i knew was comin... had some sick punches... especially on tha second beat... shyt... it's fire

coo battle... nimrod shined tho...
    test
  13. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

it aint even a game
    test
  14. ssssslawk

ssssslawk A wah di bloodclat dis

O
    M
    Goodness
    @
    Crossed With Luc Longley

Losing
    It
    test
  15. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

this was a good battle, based that both people came with A game.

Nimrod's was just better. Solid punches, not really any obvious filler. Flow and delivery were top notch.

Complex, you got a nice steez. I like how you put words together. You just didn't come with enough to top Nimrod's wordplay.

vote - Nim

i swear. all the first rounds have been sick.
    test
  16. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

plex you woulda won this if you werent so simple.

You need to step your pengame up crazy...you got a dope delivery and all...but your pengame is holding you back...lyrics are too simplistic.

I might just vote for you anyway tho cuz nimrod sucks...lol
    test
  17. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

^ i agree with skrybe

plex's style and delivery (other than occassional rhythm problems stemming mainly from his writing) are damn near as good as you can ask for..

but the source of all plex's shortcommings as an MC is from how he writes.
    test
  18. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

skrybe, thats the kind of talk that got complex slayed lol, watch it
    test
  19. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

I carry the 9, so fucking with me just aint the answer...

I just cant lose...
    test
  20. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

wtf...listening to plex now...he killin this shit..

yeah...lyrics the only drawback on this..he got good idea's but the writing can be better...

but delivery and shit is craaaaazy...im about to peep nimrod.

yall cant front on plex though...dude got possibly the strongest presence on this site.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.